Drcannabi's BudMaster GOD - Organic Soil - Venom OG - Autopots

CC Sour diesel
20160817_014124.jpg
20160817_013700.jpg

Hello friends! Here are the mothers I'll be taking clones from on the next grow. I'm super stoked to take my time and do it right. I'll do 4 Sour Diesels and 4 Dinachems. I'll be using HST and LST techniques. I'm going to run the same exact regamin. Budmaster/AutoPots/SoHum for a perfect 10. Sorry watching the Olympics lol!

That sour diesel is beautiful! I would love to have her in my tent. She is going to be impressive. I can just tell.

Quality is job one Doc. :)l

Yes sir Brother MT! Without the love and care we put in to our baby's it would just be weed. You and a lot of other folks here inspire me to keep growing. :thanks::Namaste:

Excellent yield Doc!! Congrats brother!

+ reps

Thank you Blaze my friend! I'm really happy but think I can pull much more with a better yielding strain and some subtle training hehe. You're going to crop more than me so I'm a little jealous lol. :high-five:

That sour diesel is beautiful! I would love to have her in my tent. She is going to be impressive. I can just tell.

Heh yes! This plant is hard to keep held down lol. I just keep giving her haircuts. I'll be cloning her and flowering the clones. Going to keep her in veg for a while. :Namaste:

I agree, love that shine the fans get when they are so healthy :thumb:

Heck Yes Feral! I'm learning tons from your journal. :thanks: I'm stoked to grow these genetics out. So far in Veg they've really just chugged along. Hopefully the flower cycle will be just as easy! :volcano-smiley:

Yeah, if there was a drought, you could just drink from that tuber! Excellent...

20160817_014136.jpg

Did you see that knuckle? I get giddy every time I look at it lol.

Yep....I noticed also the size of all visible roots. I've had ficus trees to reveal like that but you put the "C" in Cannabis.

:thanks: for the soil help yesterday!

For the the benefit of the others, I've been cooking a barrel of recycled peat based soils using the KIS Nutrient Pack that doc recommended on one of his previous grows. Well, this stuff smelled like fresh pig manure and doc advised it had become anaerobic and needed some exposure to air and a good mixing. Who knew? drcannabi did!

Good morning folks. Have a great day.

Yeah, if there was a drought, you could just drink from that tuber! Excellent...

:rofl: lol! I've had some knuckle action before but that is just crazy healthy roots there. These have been in 2 gal pots for 10 weeks on my slow veg routine. If I put them in a 7 gallon they would outgrow the cabinet in a week lol. Another haircut is just about to happen.

Yep....I noticed also the size of all visible roots. I've had ficus trees to reveal like that but you put the "C" in Cannabis.

:thanks: for the soil help yesterday!

For the the benefit of the others, I've been cooking a barrel of recycled peat based soils using the KIS Nutrient Pack that doc recommended on one of his previous grows. Well, this stuff smelled like fresh pig manure and doc advised it had become anaerobic and needed some exposure to air and a good mixing. Who knew? drcannabi did!

Good morning folks. Have a great day.

You're very welcome MJ! I totally freaked out when it happened to me. Called KIS and he just kind of giggled and told me how to remedy it lol. Since then I drilled 8th inch holes in my lid and cover the soil with burlap.

Heading over to the new journal now!

OK so that hash tip bit is just trichs that have matted together! A few good growers get this! Its just good growing :)
Cajun has had them lots recently after sharing his mix of essential oils that are used in the US by some growers to produce the topflight/topshelf buds for dispensaries!
So yep not bleaching but lots of trichs on mass :)
I gotta differ with you here LA and also with the article. You can see the structures underneath in this journal and in the article. The person writing that is misguided. I have had hash tips in the garden and I avoid them. The hash tips are a result of bleaching and have to do with Blurple lights. For example my Eshines will cause hash tips without a second thought. They end up lacking terps and potency. My solution to hash tips is to immediately supercrop that bud. It causes the focused light on the top of the bud to be spread along the horizontal axis and the bleaching stops. The trichs aren't any more concentrated where the bleaching is.

Now under HPS and my Perfect Sun 1000 which is more intense I never get hash tips. So it got me to thinking what causes them? It seems that there is something in the white spectrum missing from Blurple lights. Namely the yellow and green part of the spectrum. I believe there is something in the yellow part of the spectrum that plants use to check light intensity. So the lights that have white cons of white LEDs don't make hash tips. But blurples generally do.

I do think it is also related to the 660nm LEDs. If they are pinpoint focused on the tip of the plant in the absence of white light you get hash tips. Another reason supercropping stops them in their tracks. I have also gotten them at 2 ft distance and not always the highest bud. But I have had the perfect sun which boasts out light not give hash tips at 8" on the mover. Or even stationary at 18". I started to get hash tips on my Bluniverse under the Eshines, but not the Bluniverse under the Ps1000. And the Bluniverse under the ps1000 gave me the highest amount of trichs I have seen in the garden this grow. Next time the hash tips start just bend the branch or supercrop it. As you can see here with the non hash tip Bluniverse the trichs in some spots are as dense as reality allows. But the color of the plant underneath whether green or purple shows through.
P8240075.JPG

P8240066.JPG

CC Sour diesel
20160817_014124.jpg
20160817_013700.jpg

Hello friends! Here are the mothers I'll be taking clones from on the next grow. I'm super stoked to take my time and do it right. I'll do 4 Sour Diesels and 4 Dinachems. I'll be using HST and LST techniques. I'm going to run the same exact regamin. Budmaster/AutoPots/SoHum for a perfect 10. Sorry watching the Olympics lol!

Where did you get your Sour D? Guess I will go to page one and see! This plant has great structure and millions of stoners can't be wrong! Cheers!

Well here's a new word... "hash tip" can someone please explain. I'm assuming it's burning the bud, but isn't bleaching the same thing? Newbie, here so sorry for my ignorance. Thanks.

Well here's a new word... "hash tip" can someone please explain. I'm assuming it's burning the bud, but isn't bleaching the same thing? Newbie, here so sorry for my ignorance. Thanks.

It is bleaching without burning. With burning we get brown tops. With hash tips or bleaching the bud appears normal but has no chlorophyll (green pigment in plants that performs photosynthesis). The bud tip still grows but makes no chlorophyll so it must get nutrients from the fan leaves and other cells that have chlorophyll.

It is bleaching without burning. With burning we get brown tops. With hash tips or bleaching the bud appears normal but has no chlorophyll (green pigment in plants that performs photosynthesis). The bud tip still grows but makes no chlorophyll so it must get nutrients from the fan leaves and other cells that have chlorophyll.

Shiggity not sure what you're trying to say here about the hash tips??

Translocation happens to all the flowers regardless, this is how the flowers get enough energy to produce flowers and then seed. The flowers get the energy from the fan leaves.

Quoted:

"Translocation

Translocation is the movement of materials from leaves to other tissues throughout the plant. Plants produce carbohydrates (sugars) in their leaves by photosynthesis, but nonphotosynthetic parts of the plant also require carbohydrates and other organic and nonorganic materials. For this reason, nutrients are translocated from sources (regions of excess carbohydrates, primarily mature leaves) to sinks (regions where the carbohydrate is needed). Some important sinks are roots, flowers, fruits, stems, and developing leaves. Leaves are particularly interesting in this regard because they are sinks when they are young and become sources later, when they are about half grown."

source:
Translocation Facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles about Translocation

Shiggity not sure what you're trying to say here about the hash tips??

Translocation happens to all the flowers regardless, this is how the flowers get enough energy to produce flowers and then seed. The flowers get the energy from the fan leaves.

Quoted:

"Translocation

Translocation is the movement of materials from leaves to other tissues throughout the plant. Plants produce carbohydrates (sugars) in their leaves by photosynthesis, but nonphotosynthetic parts of the plant also require carbohydrates and other organic and nonorganic materials. For this reason, nutrients are translocated from sources (regions of excess carbohydrates, primarily mature leaves) to sinks (regions where the carbohydrate is needed). Some important sinks are roots, flowers, fruits, stems, and developing leaves. Leaves are particularly interesting in this regard because they are sinks when they are young and become sources later, when they are about half grown."

source:
Translocation Facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles about Translocation

Yes absolutely but where there is chlorophyll in the grana of the thylakoid membrane in the cells there is photosynthesis. This gives a plant its basic energy and is one of the reasons why a plant with just buds can be revegged. The bud produces energy as well. Now when a bud tip is bleached and cannot undergo photosynthesis the bud tip must get ALL of its energy from other sources than itself. If you think about a fully defoliate X plant with just buds, they still grow because the cells in the bud carry out photosynthesis. Hash tips cannot because they lack the pigment that catches the energy from light photons.

So what I am saying is this hash tip is unhealthy and cannot even supply its own life support. A normal bud tip contributes to the energy output of the plant.

Let me clear this up a bit. Every green plant cell has chloroplasts, these are the co part nets in a cell that contain chlorophyll. Only the chloroplasts in a plant cell are green. There is a series of stacked discs in the chloroplast called the thylakoid membrane. In this stack the discs are called grana. Photosynthesis take place in the membrane here.
image693.png

So if a cell is green it is performing photosynthesis. If that cell becomes white it means there is no chlorophyll. So no photosynthesis. So who cares right? The fan leaf gives sugar. Well... What about the energy required to transport sugar (large molecule) across the membrane and into the plant cell? A plant cell normally can supply this energy itself through photosynthesis. But if it cannot then it must always use some of the energy it is taking in for normal plant cell maintenance. Thus it is always underperforming and relying on external help. So it is not the healthiest cell. In variegated leaves (white and green mix) like we see sometimes in cannabis, only the green cells photosynthesize. So the leaf makes less energy. Not a great trait of you need fast growth.

Back
Top Bottom