Duggan Does Ace's Zamal Hash With Doc's Gear - Huge Pots & Lots Of LEDs

Top of the evenin to all . The lttle ones are ready for the big pots now...thirsty, building strong roots and stalk. Drinking (pot soak) every two days in the one gal' jobs. Got the boys right now for the weekend...there both gone right now, a few minutes to say hello and keep you all up to speed.
When toddlers are a little rootbound like they are, it doesn't take too long before you start to notice things....bad things, N is used up and lower leaves start to yellow really fast...soil gets very trickey to manage between all the drinks and not trying to over do things with the drenches. I can tell when they get hooked up with 26 gal's. of "second run" soil , they're gonna motor...under the Budmaster 2. Ive got them in there now , just sittin on top of the big ones. No time yet to transplant ....it's quite a bit of work and i need to get myself ready for it and not be rushed...ya know. Anyhow have an awesome night gang , i'l throw some pics up as soon as i get a breather here. Cheers, havin a Stella....gettin really chilly.

Sounds like you have these guys going well doog. What happened to that last harvest to relegate so much to chaff?

Hey Gov. Ya , the last harvest, Desfran...not good. Basically those two remaining phenos were duds..plain and simple . Gave them lots of extra time and there was still no real resin . They could have gone forever and still not produced any...it's like the resin switch inside them was turned off, dunno. I have seen it once before in an unknown Sativa i grew in this very same GR. It's just bad luck. I took one of the most promising buds in the lot...smoked one, and there was no taste, no smell, no buzz, smelled like hay , really disapointing to say the least. That's alot of extra $$ that i really need too, bad, bad , bad. Anyhow things will hopefully go better with these ZH's.
Have an awesome night and a good sleep. Cheers.

Whats up Duggan? Got back to other day and finally got some time to check things out. Just came from our last journal, shitty about that. Happy to see you started another one. Positive vibes my friend this grow is going to be great. :Rasta:

Whats up Duggan? Got back to other day and finally got some time to check things out. Just came from our last journal, shitty about that. Happy to see you started another one. Positive vibes my friend this grow is going to be great. :Rasta:

Hey Snoop...glad to see you back brotha. Today was transplant day ...gf came over to help me with the Zamals. They're in the 26ers,under the Budmaster 2....but not lookin very happy...sad sights to see....they'le get over it. Took a bunch of pics during the whole process but a little too tired to start downloading and uploading.. This round is with "second run" enriched soil, cooked all summer.Hopefully the Zamals like it. Cheers Snoop, nice to see you back around! :passitleft:

Good morning dugg!
Cool about the up-canning. The Zamals will find their legs today, I bet. Looking forward to seeing them in their new homes.
Have a great one!

Good morning dugg!
Cool about the up-canning. The Zamals will find their legs today, I bet. Looking forward to seeing them in their new homes.
Have a great one!

Thanks Major....gonna put up some pics tonight of the whole transplant session. By the looks of em the last few days....they're gonna need a few days to come around I figure , and another week or so before they "grab" hold of all that soil. Have a great day Major and hoping the weather is nice to your ladies this week! I really like the temp. shelter you made for them...looks very well done and SHOULD work great! Cheers.

Top of the day to ya Gang!! Hows all my brothas....Last night was transplanting time as i said. here's a few pics of the session. You get to see the homemade "rootbuilder " pots i like to use. 26 gal's of pure joy! Zamals unfortunately are in shock right now and not looking their best . It's gonna take a week or so for em to smarten up into good shape. The job's done now though...i never look forward to these transplanting sessions but sure feel good when they're over cuz now i'm in cruise control till next time.
They didn't like the leds this time ....gonna have to used to them...lots more comin . Cheers gang.
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_001.jpg
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_002.jpg
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_003.jpg
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_004.jpg
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_005.jpg
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_006.jpg
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_007.jpg
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_008.jpg
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_009.jpg
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_010.jpg
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_011.jpg
transplanting_Zamal_Hash_012.jpg
They're some sad lookin eh!

Nah! They look good to go. In a few days they'll be thanking you.

Nice pics duggs, I like to see root pics......lol, them are some huge pots......so you basically use one kit for three plants in two pots? Why not four plants.........no gr space? Anyway everything is looking great around here.......:high-five:

Hey Nate...ya you got it...actually it's a bit more (5 gals. or so) than one kit. Three instead of four...your right again, no space ,gets too crowded if i grow em big , like this. TBH what i should be doin , is two, one in each pot, but the seeds always seem to come in three packs,:tokin: so i tried three...there's room, but it still gets crowded in there.My GR yield has gone way up using the big pots. It really is a big difference, and with all the light they get,they can really take advantage of all the soil. My lowest number since starting with DBHBB, is a little over 18 oz's. (Mazar) all the others are much higher with the record going to the last crop of MK Ultra at 25.5 OZ's. The Desfran's final numbers were great ,at around 24 OZ's., but only the first pheno was smokeable at 9.2 OZ's. Have a great night Gang..:thumb:

Ya Major ...try and wait till I do it will ya....It'l help you get it perfect your first time . Cheers.

No body has ever called me a treasure before, geesh....thanks FF. Everyone here at the Mag. makes it a pleasure to be here and I'm planning on sticking around a while. Just hoping my posts and info never become boring or not needed....that's when i'l prolly call it quits. Thanks so much FF and have an awesome afternoon and a great night Gang. :circle-of-love:

harvest_desfran_001.jpg
Sue...Hope your seein this pic of a pre-filter at the perfect time to change. Helps your system last longer! Cheers eh.

Thanks Duggan, that's a great help.

:laughtwo: That's a Canadian sandal tan. That's ok, cuz i'l be wearin socks pretty soon, for the next 8 months....not good...won't be goin to Jamaica this yr. Rats... Cheers eh.

Next year. :ganjamon:

Top of the evenin to all . The lttle ones are ready for the big pots now...thirsty, building strong roots and stalk. Drinking (pot soak) every two days in the one gal' jobs. Got the boys right now for the weekend...there both gone right now, a few minutes to say hello and keep you all up to speed.
When toddlers are a little rootbound like they are, it doesn't take too long before you start to notice things....bad things, N is used up and lower leaves start to yellow really fast...soil gets very trickey to manage between all the drinks and not trying to over do things with the drenches. I can tell when they get hooked up with 26 gal's. of "second run" soil , they're gonna motor...under the Budmaster 2. Ive got them in there now , just sittin on top of the big ones. No time yet to transplant ....it's quite a bit of work and i need to get myself ready for it and not be rushed...ya know. Anyhow have an awesome night gang , i'l throw some pics up as soon as i get a breather here. Cheers, havin a Stella....gettin really chilly.

Excellent description of the effects of being root bound. You're good at this mentoring thing Duggan. I can't imagine a time when your knowledge wouldn't be sought out. :love:

Desfran's final numbers were great ,at around 24 OZ's., but only the first pheno was smokeable at 9.2 OZ's.

Bummer. Here.....:hug: :passitleft:

Cool moves on the big home made air pots man! Those little plants will be singing in another day or so...you know. ;)

Mornin Gov. thanks man...aint nothing like growing in big pots...put em in them and just watch em motor with no def's. or issues the whole way thru. It's kind of cheating ,in a way , the soil just doesn't run out of gas, period , and the rootballs are quite massive and healthy at the end. Cheers Gov. and have an awesome day my brotha!

Back
Top Bottom