Dutchman’s Pheno Hunt!

Excellent update as always, Dutch!
Sounds like fun (and educational) growing several of the same strain and then side-by-side comparison, then choosing the best. Kinda like vertical tastings of the same wine vineyard just different vintages. :drool:

I'm pretty sure if I made dry ice hash on my stove top, my wife would have me sleeping outside with the plants! o_O

Both your keepers from this group look and sound like winners. Can’t wait for your Pink Kush report.
Thanks Penny! I smoked a blunt of cookies with my buddy last night and he couldn’t complete a sentence for an hour :rofl: :passitleft:

Excellent update as always, Dutch!
Sounds like fun (and educational) growing several of the same strain and then side-by-side comparison, then choosing the best. Kinda like vertical tastings of the same wine vineyard just different vintages. :drool:

I'm pretty sure if I made dry ice hash on my stove top, my wife would have me sleeping outside with the plants! o_O
Thanks Beez! I’m really enjoying running multiple plants of a strain and then selecting my winner after sampling the goods! It’s really enjoyable to me and allows me to find the best of that specific strain!
My wife is really good about me taking over the house sometimes! As long as I clean up afterwards she doesn’t say much!
Hope your well my man!

Thanks Penny! I smoked a blunt of cookies with my buddy last night and he couldn’t complete a sentence for an hour
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I'll take that challenge, any time!
:blunt:

Pink Kush #2
Harvest

Ok so on with the updates! As you can probably tell this is the harvest of Pink Kush #2.

Finishing quickly at 55 days this Pheno has some nice buds with good Trichome coverage. A very sweet and skunky smell coming from her now I’m excited to see how she’s dries and taste at sampling!!

After a trim, wash, hang dry for a few hours I placed it into the dryer! I’ll have some ready to smoke buds in about 4 days time!

Next on the agenda is a something new! Some Autoflower CBD Blue Shark Seeds from @Barney's Farm went into water this morning! I’ll be adding them to my mother tent to flower out and develop with my them!
This is a good medical strain with a blueberry cross which I’m excited for! Fingers crossed for some of the blueberry terps!! It’s a 1:1 THC:CBD strain around the 8-10% mark if I’m not mistaken which will be a good addition to my wife’s dosing regimen!

Mother tent and Seedling update coming up in a bit! But first a dab sesh!

Enjoy and back soon!!

Pink Kush was the in strain before OG Kush hit the scene, I'm token on some CBD Dream from @Derbybud. My first cbd strain and I actually like it.
Nice Penny! I’m eager to sample the CBD bud I have growing! I wanna smash a little into some rosin as well!! CBD dabs would be a nice finish to the night!

Update
Sept 22

Pheno Hunt Group 3
Day - 11

Hey fam! So for the final update today it’s just a quicky but I figured the mothers and the new seedlings needed to be seen!!

First is the 2x2 with all the Pheno 2 Mothers currently growing fast and looking great! I really need to thin this group out and make some room lol!

Then there is the temporary mother tent (4x4) which has my selected mothers Critical+2.0 / BadAzz Kush #2 / Canuk Cookies #1 residing in there for now until the 3x3 is harvested. They need a defoliation and trim back this week so that’s the next step for them!

Finally is my growbox seedlings! Round 3 of the pheno hunt is off to a strong start and these little ones are doing great! They won’t be little for to long though as some are already stretching out their 3rd nodes and are about to take off into vegetative growth!! I’ll be watering them tomorrow because they weren’t quite ready today but I plan to use some superthrive for this watering and then start them on a light dose of MegaCrop the next time they are ready for a drink! Here’s a few of the little ones this evening enjoying the light and some love!

I’ve got a slower week this week so expect some regularly scheduled updates to come! I’ve also got lots of catching up to do still with everyone so I’ll be making my rounds!!

One Love
Stay Medicated

Have a great Monday!!

The pink kush looks great that's the Barney's pink kush if I'm not mistaken.Great strain that I will have to try. A friend of mine had some a while back and it was a very nice smoke.

Super happy seedlings Dutch! The Gg#4 should be a fun strain to watch you grow it out.

The hash looks very tasty great color on it! My wife really likes infused bath bombs that we used to get at the dispensary but you can't get them anymore. I was thinking of trying to make my own but have never done any kind of extraction before. What would you recommend for extraction for making a bath bomb? Have you ever made them yourself ?

Pink Kush #2
Harvest

Ok so on with the updates! As you can probably tell this is the harvest of Pink Kush #2.

Finishing quickly at 55 days this Pheno has some nice buds with good Trichome coverage. A very sweet and skunky smell coming from her now I’m excited to see how she’s dries and taste at sampling!!

After a trim, wash, hang dry for a few hours I placed it into the dryer! I’ll have some ready to smoke buds in about 4 days time!

Next on the agenda is a something new! Some Autoflower CBD Blue Shark Seeds from @Barney's Farm went into water this morning! I’ll be adding them to my mother tent to flower out and develop with my them!
This is a good medical strain with a blueberry cross which I’m excited for! Fingers crossed for some of the blueberry terps!! It’s a 1:1 THC:CBD strain around the 8-10% mark if I’m not mistaken which will be a good addition to my wife’s dosing regimen!

Mother tent and Seedling update coming up in a bit! But first a dab sesh!

Enjoy and back soon!!
I will have to try to find some of those seeds, I like a good 1:1 ratio for my meds I like Blueberry so that would be a good strain. I have 20 Blue Dream seeds and 10 Gold Leaf seeds I will be growing some of them when I get set up, Looking forward to a smoke report.

Each growing are fantastic! Nobody would ever thought you are not a grow expert! :cheesygrinsmiley::thumb:
Aww thanks Sara! You know how to make me smile!

The Gorilla crosses can be very good!
I’m a fan of anything Gorilla so I’m exited for them all haha!

The pink kush looks great that's the Barney's pink kush if I'm not mistaken.Great strain that I will have to try. A friend of mine had some a while back and it was a very nice smoke.

Super happy seedlings Dutch! The Gg#4 should be a fun strain to watch you grow it out.

The hash looks very tasty great color on it! My wife really likes infused bath bombs that we used to get at the dispensary but you can't get them anymore. I was thinking of trying to make my own but have never done any kind of extraction before. What would you recommend for extraction for making a bath bomb? Have you ever made them yourself ?
Hey N420! It is Barney’s Pink Kush and I’m really excited to sample her soon enough! Trying to decide what to do with the hash!
As for the bath bombs that’s a cool idea! I haven’t made them myself before but I’m sure my wife would love them! Give me a day to read up on it and I’ll have an answer for you! Hope your well brother!

I will have to try to find some of those seeds, I like a good 1:1 ratio for my meds I like Blueberry so that would be a good strain. I have 20 Blue Dream seeds and 10 Gold Leaf seeds I will be growing some of them when I get set up, Looking forward to a smoke report.
Hey PC. The 1:1 Auto Blue Shark are from @Barney's Farm
The 20:1 I’m running is from @DrSeeds

Both CBD strains are for my wife’s meds !

I’m excited for the Blue Shark cause I love blueberry so I’m hoping for some of those terps to show through!

I’ll definitely be posting a smoke report for both as well! Hope your well pal

As for the bath bombs that’s a cool idea! I haven’t made them myself before but I’m sure my wife would love them! Give me a day to read up on it and I’ll have an answer for you!
Anything you could dig up about the bombs would be greatly appreciated. I think I remember watching a you tube video on someone making bath bombs and It looked fairly straight forward. I think they used cannabis oil to make them.

Nice to start to winnow down the mothers and get an idea as to where the hunt is headed! Great growing and great smoke reports :thumb:.

Each growing are fantastic! Nobody would ever thought you are not a grow expert!
I'm not so sure he's not at this point, eh?
Kinda like vertical tastings of the same wine
How long do you stay vertical?
I’ll have some ready to smoke buds in about 4 days time!
Just because you have taken out the moisture quickly, does that mean they're cured? Or just ready to test as they might be at the end of the hang dry?
What are you going to use for the CBD side of your 1:1 PCa? I'm hoping you're not counting on Gold Leaf to provide any meaningful CBD. Medmanmike had his Gold Leaf tested and it was well under 1% CBD.

Just because you have taken out the moisture quickly, does that mean they're cured? Or just ready to test as they might be at the end of the hang dry?
To my knowledge the dryer helps with mimicking the conditions on a hang dry just on a controlled level. Same temp, airflow, consistency throughout.

I’ve got some Pink Kush buds coming out of the dryer this evening. From the feel and look they are ready and from the smell it seems to have done a good job! Time will tell after a good smoke and sample. I’m going to let the buds sit in a jar overnight to see where my RH sits and then do some photos tomorrow!

Dried buds ready for the cure in under 4 days! I’m definitely eager to sample the Pink Kush #2 so we will see how she smokes tonight right out of the dryer

Update
Sept 25

Pheno Hunt Group 2
Day - 145 / Flower Day - 60

Pheno Hunt Group 3
Day - 14

Hump Day! What’s goin on everyone!
I hope your well and the week is going smoothly so far. Halfway to the weekend so let’s keep things moving along nicely.

First up we got the seedlings from the newest round of the Pheno Hunt! They are all doing well and starting to get stronger stalks now. Some have started pushing nodes 3-4 out already so it’s almost time to begin training! I’m going to start early on these ones and push some heavier training this time around. Thick low and fat plants with an immense rootball is the goal for this group!

Next up is a quick visit to the current 4x4 Mother tent. All the moms just got a defoliation yesterday and a watering as well. They need a bit of a leaf cleanup which I’ll get to this week. The Critical mom is a monster :eek: Definitely need to do a heavy defoliation on her.

As we move right along into the 3x3 the flowering ladies are doing their thang and really packing on the weight now. Trichomes are thickening and the smells are becoming more robust everyday! I got a little picture happy this evening in the tent so enjoy some photos!!

This Pink Kush #3 is a frost monster and looks wicked!! I am really excited to see how she finishes off over the next little bit:yummy: check out this lovely lady!

I wanted to check CBD 20:1 #1 to see how she’s progressing and she’s getting close! I’m really impressed with the frost on this CBD strain. Looking shiny and smelling very citrusy I’m excited to harvest, make some oil and sample some CBD buds! I snapped a few Trichome closeups this evening as well on her which tells me she’s getting close but still needs a few weeks.

Still no action from the 2 Auto Blue Sharks but I’m hoping to see some movement from them before the weekend!

Alrighty that’s about it for this update!

I’ve got another one coming tomorrow with a review and smoke report of the Pink Kush #2 which has just come out of the dryer along with a bunch of pictures of some buds!

Until then I hope you stay medicated and stay safe!

Back
Top Bottom