Emmy Finally Goes Auto, Convinced Because Of Its Name!

I am going to surmise that they will do fantastically and probably better than with synthetic nutes. Since the roots and the microbes work together to bring the plant everything it needs, even on its fast time schedule, I bet it is possible to get faster and more efficient delivery of any particular nute that the plant wants, using organic methods, and I am betting that Autos thrive in the organic environment because this system can work around the ppm limitations we have in some synthetic grow methods. I further surmise that other than being a smaller than normal plant which is typically put into a relatively small container, that these plants because of their rapid life cycle, can have larger than normal feeding needs. I am confident the organic feeding cycle will deal with this very efficiently.
For what it's worth, this is what my experience shows.

Here is our Auto, which by the way did not successfully automatically remove herself from her helmet. There looks to have been a struggle, much like might happen to any random plant out there. Surely it gets easier from here.
DSCF0849.JPG

Here is our Auto, which by the way did not successfully automatically remove herself from her helmet. There looks to have been a struggle, much like might happen to any random plant out there. Surely it gets easier from here.
DSCF0849.JPG
Well that answers the question in the other journal. It's getting tough to follow everything you have going on. Lol! What, now with the DYNOMYCO grow you have three journals going? Damn. I know from three journals at once, it's work. Lmao.

Hey @Emilya, here's a bit of anecdotal proof for you on autos with Geoflora nutes....

This is that Dos Si Dos auto from a couple grows back, that grew outdoors by day and in the lennai Mars Hydro rig at night, remember that one? FF soil, Geoflora nutes, 7 gallon pot, fed by the book with the exception of feed every 13 days instead of 14. Switched to bloom nutes at first sign of pistils. Yield was almost 6 ounces dried and trimmed and jarred, I'm still smoking it. And that DSD was a no name freebie of unknown genetics!

Yeah, I think autos do very well with Geo. Whether or not it beats chem nutes, guess we'll see won't we?

Example for Em.jpg

If anybody can do it, I bet Em can do it.

("Dr. Jane and the Organic Beanstalk"..., haha.)

That depends on how fast she grows and when I need to do the uppottings, but yes, it does seem like GF Bloom will need to be used in about a month

Hi Emilya.

@Nev has had great success growing autos with @GeoFlora Nutrients. I'm currently growing my Dark Devil autos with GeoFlora. Here is the post I bookmarked in Nev's journal:

GeoFlora for Autoflowers

Well that answers the question in the other journal. It's getting tough to follow everything you have going on. Lol! What, now with the DYNOMYCO grow you have three journals going? Damn. I know from three journals at once, it's work. Lmao.
Three active journals and several active tutorials that combined get a good 1000 new views a month, along with frequent questions and answers. It does get busy around here sometimes between my gardens and my cannabis consulting business, not to mention that I do try to keep up with a lot of other online journals too! Now that I have retired from my day job, the 6 hours or so that I spend on here each day doesn't seem like nearly as much work as it once was. There are many days here with my online friends, that my contributions here don't seem like work at all. If you work at something you love, are you really actually working?

Hi Emilya.

@Nev has had great success growing autos with @GeoFlora Nutrients. I'm currently growing my Dark Devil autos with GeoFlora. Here is the post I bookmarked in Nev's journal:

GeoFlora for Autoflowers
I have reviewed some of @Nev 's work and have taken some of my guidance from it. I have noted how he feeds early and I will be looking to see if that is necessary here too. @Jon also does this, but so far I have not seen a nutritional deficit at the end of feeding periods for photoperiod plants... but I will keep a close eye on this fast growing auto.

Em, it is amazing, what you teach. Thank you very much for all of your hard work.
If I may ask, do you have thoughts about how to handle the wet/dry cycle with an auto? Because don't you like to keep your girls well-hydrated whenever they are in bloom?
But, don't you also want to cycle wet and then dry, for the growth phase?
But when it is always growing and then blooming at the same time, how do you reconcile that?
Sorry if you already answered that somewhere.

Em, it is amazing, what you teach. Thank you very much for all of your hard work.
If I may ask, do you have thoughts about how to handle the wet/dry cycle with an auto? Because don't you like to keep your girls well-hydrated whenever they are in bloom?
But, don't you also want to cycle wet and then dry, for the growth phase?
But when it is always growing and then blooming at the same time, how do you reconcile that?
Sorry if you already answered that somewhere.
I believe that these plants are going to be no different than any other plant, just faster. I know that photoperiod plants continue to grow new roots right up through the 2 week stretch period, and these surely will too. I will do just as I do with photos and will establish a wet/dry cycle early on, and will use that to force the plant to grow roots by making it dry out each time. This will continue for the 2 weeks when I see the plant automatically switching from veg to bloom. Once the plant is clearly flowering and the stretch period is over, then I will see if I can shave an entire day off of the wet/dry cycle, forcing water on the plant a day earlier than I was able to while in Veg. If the plant can maintain that new faster schedule, I will keep it up all through bloom. I don't strive to keep the plants wet during bloom, and every 4th watering I will still make the plant go an extra day to dry out, just to pull more oxygen down into the roots. I see no reason to treat this Auto any differently than any other plant that lives in my garden.

Here is our Auto, steadily getting bigger as she gathers up some light. I am now waiting for her to drain a good bit of the water already soaked into the soil at least for another day although I did give her a little tiny bit this morning so that the roots had something to chase down toward the bottom. This evening I did not water... she is on her own.

DSCF0858.JPG

I believe that these plants are going to be no different than any other plant, just faster. I know that photoperiod plants continue to grow new roots right up through the 2 week stretch period, and these surely will too. I will do just as I do with photos and will establish a wet/dry cycle early on, and will use that to force the plant to grow roots by making it dry out each time. This will continue for the 2 weeks when I see the plant automatically switching from veg to bloom. Once the plant is clearly flowering and the stretch period is over, then I will see if I can shave an entire day off of the wet/dry cycle, forcing water on the plant a day earlier than I was able to while in Veg. If the plant can maintain that new faster schedule, I will keep it up all through bloom. I don't strive to keep the plants wet during bloom, and every 4th watering I will still make the plant go an extra day to dry out, just to pull more oxygen down into the roots. I see no reason to treat this Auto any differently than any other plant that lives in my garden.

Great! Thank you!

Three active journals and several active tutorials that combined get a good 1000 new views a month, along with frequent questions and answers. It does get busy around here sometimes between my gardens and my cannabis consulting business, not to mention that I do try to keep up with a lot of other online journals too! Now that I have retired from my day job, the 6 hours or so that I spend on here each day doesn't seem like nearly as much work as it once was. There are many days here with my online friends, that my contributions here don't seem like work at all. If you work at something you love, are you really actually working?

I know what you mean. I joined 420 Magazine pre-retirement and while I did participate, most of it was on the weekends. Since I retired in 2020, I spend way more time here and I like it because I was always feeling overwhelmed by the site pre-retirement but now I have time to wander and check out different areas.

@Emilya , do you give instructions for when to turn on that far red light, somewhere in the forum?
And what does that far-red light imitate, in nature?
(E.g., does it imitate red sunset skies in summer, or what?)
Thank you.

@Emilya , do you give instructions for when to turn on that far red light, somewhere in the forum?
And what does that far-red light imitate, in nature?
(E.g., does it imitate red sunset skies in summer, or what?)
Thank you.
I do describe what I am doing somewhere in the journals and the advanced search should be able to find where I first start talking about it. The theory on both ends, the light just before dawn and just after sunset, is that those lights are imitating what happens in nature as the sun hits the horizon. During that time, just for a few minutes, dramatic deep and far red shows up on the horizon.

In the morning, if the plants are standing tall enough to see that light at the horizon, something in their biology tells them that they are then tall enough, and have no need to stretch to see the sun that is quickly approaching. Without seeing this light they figure that something is in the way and that they need to get taller in order to be able to see the horizon. My lights hitting them from above instead of the horizon, doesn't seem to matter... they see the morning red light and consequently, stop stretching.

In the evening the red lights appear again on the natural horizon, and if the plants can see about 10 minutes of this as the light is slipping away, they know that nighttime is approaching, and they quickly get into the nighttime mode. Without this trigger light, the plants will stay in the daytime mode for much longer, some theorize that it takes 2 hours or so for plants not convinced by the red light that the daylight is gone for the rest of the day, and to then get going with nighttime activities.

So I have my lights set to come on for 10 minutes immediately before the lights come on at 6am, and for 10 minutes after the lights go off at 7pm, 13 hours later. The evening trigger light might be giving them as much as 2 hours extra nighttime mode, since they happily transition after seeing that powerful evening red light that we humans are just realizing the importance of.

Greetings friends!
Yes, I know... I am the one that said she would never grow an Auto. I am also a girl and I can be tempted by shiny objects and yummy sounding things. One of you recently grew this one and I had to get me some after seeing it perform, and I just drool imagining what it must taste like.

:drool:

I give you the variety that finally brought me to my knees, Banana Sherbet Double XL, Auto. I hope I can be forgiven, but it just sounds so very tasty, I couldn't help myself!

1653072059587.png

I just put the seed into water... cross your fingers and wish me luck! I have no idea what I am doing!
DSCF0753.JPG
Oooooooooo I am super down to watch ya do your thing.... I hope this auto grow treatz you right.

I do describe what I am doing somewhere in the journals and the advanced search should be able to find where I first start talking about it. The theory on both ends, the light just before dawn and just after sunset, is that those lights are imitating what happens in nature as the sun hits the horizon. During that time, just for a few minutes, dramatic deep and far red shows up on the horizon.

In the morning, if the plants are standing tall enough to see that light at the horizon, something in their biology tells them that they are then tall enough, and have no need to stretch to see the sun that is quickly approaching. Without seeing this light they figure that something is in the way and that they need to get taller in order to be able to see the horizon. My lights hitting them from above doesn't seem to matter... they see the morning red light and consequently, stop stretching.

In the evening the red lights appear again on the natural horizon, and if the plants can see about 10 minutes of this as the light is slipping away, they know that nighttime is approaching, and they quickly get into the nighttime mode. Without this trigger light, the plants will stay in the daytime mode for much longer, some theorize that it takes 2 hours or so for plants not convinced by the red light that the daylight is gone for the rest of the day, and to then get going with nighttime activities.

So I have my lights set to come on for 10 minutes immediately before the lights come on at 6am, and for 10 minutes after the lights go off at 7pm, 13 hours later. The evening trigger light might be giving them as much as 2 hours extra nighttime mode, since they happily transition after seeing that powerful evening red light that we humans are just realizing the importance of.

Wow.
Great! Amazing!
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom