Thats the problem I beleive Fridog, because ive been watering incorrectly, and was stupid not to realise (but hey learning is learning unfortunatly haha) i know the water im putting in is ok, but i havent had any water coming out the drainage holes of the pot whenever I watered which leads me to believe the Ph in the soil is off because of the nutes already in the soil have collected at the bottom messing up the Ph in the soil so the run off will be off if i water her properly and let her drain

With only a few waterings it shouldn'tbe nutes/salt build up from the soil.

The pot has 8 total 1cm-2cm diameter holes on the bottom would you suggest i water her and get a good amount run off? and/or increase the drainage on the pot? or anything else?

cheers Deprevation, the soil im using is called 'Westland Garden Health Indoor Plant Compost' and it comes with added Perlite - there is a fair amount in the pot for her but i think i have not been giving the soil enough water to drain properly when ive been watering which would explain why i havent seen any run off when i watered...

cheers Deprevation, the soil im using is called 'Westland Garden Health Indoor Plant Compost' and it comes with added Perlite - there is a fair amount in the pot for her but i think i have not been giving the soil enough water to drain properly when ive been watering which would explain why i havent seen any run off when i watered...

Just compost? I've never grown in just compost normally it make up 1/3 of my dirt mix. 1:blushsmile:1 peat/compost (ewc/compost) perlite.

bare in mind i removed the bark from the soil when i put it in the pot
The bark is fine in there. I would get a bag of premixed soil. I use ocean forest by fox farms, cost about $16 for me for a 1.5cf bag. Mix that with perlite at about a 2-1 3-1 ratio. You will have good drainage and enough nutes for 3-4 weeks. The just transplant your little one into. Should help. I think the problem with your compost is as its breaking down its causing your ph to fluctuate. When mixing compost in with your soil it should have a cooking period imo.

Shadow, how are you measuring your pH? Do you have a meter? One that sticks in the soil as well? If you've had no run-off, how do you know the soil pH?

Also agree with Deprivation...it's not a sprint :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Shadow, how are you measuring your pH? Do you have a meter? One that sticks in the soil as well? If you've had no run-off, how do you know the soil pH?

Also agree with Deprivation...it's not a sprint :)

yeah i have a Ph reader that is a probe stick I insert into the soil I also agree its not a sprint just gave me a shock to see her fine 5 hours ago and then suddenly not looking too good

yeah i have a Ph reader that is a probe stick I insert into the soil

Ok. In my experience they are not all that accurate. Is it a model that also measures your nutrient/water pH or do you have a separate meter for that?

We'll get to the bottom of this!

Is one that only reads the Ph couldnt find one that would do Nutes as well in my local shop as for the issue with the compost dirt Mcgurt has suggested it seems logical to assume thats what is causing the fluxuations in the Ph

Just glad this is happening whilst im still new to growing as if everything was going perfect i wouldnt get any experience with dealing with potential problems in future grows

growing I find is more of a waiting game then a pH game even more so in soil. the best bet is to get a reputable soil from a reliable source I find seedling soil works well as long as it doesn't have any added nutes. Does that bag of soil you got tell you the E.C. ?? Sometimes a high E.C. can kill little ones. (I'll look it up as well from what i can see though this soil is to hot for little ones)

*side note: believe it or not I don't own a pH pen or anything to test my pH... I've never have had a problem, unless I'm trying to reuse soil which I'll never do again.... 50L bag of biobizz light mix is ten euros here so no point in reusing it.

Thats nute burn. I made this mistake when i tried 5 years ago. 2 seeds i bought and the 2nd one im doing now. but that first seed, i put in miracle grow, fucked it right up. Your soil looks like it had the nutes needed for the first few weeks to a month. Feeding nutes this early may have done er in. My inexperienced self think flush with clean regular water and see what happens. But get a second opinion on that

KRack

dont say that we care for everyones grow. You just need to make it easier for people to find it and perhaps give some details of your grow in your signature so that people knows what you grow and what gear or medium you use or something.

I'm on my way to check yours:passitleft:

I think its a nute problem caused from high ph water. Your plants at this age need Nitrogen that helps growth. But N is absorbed in lower ph range. Generally its better to water with a ph range 6 - 6,5 so that your plant can absorb more stuff in a bigger range of ph.

note that ph gets higher while sitting in soil. So if you give them ph 7 in a couple of days is a lot higher.

I hope i made some sense.:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom