NEED URGENT HELP IMMEDIATLY! My dad came into my room and accidently knocked my propogator causing poor myst to have the thermometer fall off the side and hit her stem and now shes [edit: was folded over] folded over :'( the stem isnt broken is more of a tiny fold so i have propped her up - really hope shes not going to die from this worked so hard

heres some photos - ive propped her up using a garden peg for a minute whilst i go grab a straw to put around the base of the stem and hold her up:

20160628_201126.jpg
20160628_201146.jpg

god im so mad and worried...

Can't see it and didn't notice any mention of drainage in your new pot you put her into.. Adding plenty of Perlite will give her lots of drainage and fresh o2 in her root zone. Don't be afraid to check water temp before you feed. Optimal root zone temp on soil should be between 67-70F above 70F the roots have a hard time functioning and doing what they do best
Monitor pH levels in both soil and water.. Every plant is different just like humans. Mine for some reason don't appreciate very acidic soil or water so I to adjust and they perked right up the closer I got to neutral note I maintain about 6.8 and there square dancing. Lol good luck.. ohhhhh at that stage your at I've run 2cfl 6500k 26w each dang near touching them and they loved it. Finger thickness between light and plant.

I also filled my pot up with a tiny tiny bit more of soil so she has a bit more support and replaced the peg with a plastic straw around the bottom of the stem to hold her up a bit really really hope she will be ok

I also filled my pot up with a tiny tiny bit more of soil so she has a bit more support and replaced the peg with a plastic straw around the bottom of the stem to hold her up a bit really really hope she will be ok

Shit happens! Don't be mad at your dad -- I'm sure it was an accident!

As long as she didn't actually break, she should recover. She might have a short growth pause as she recovers.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Shit happens! Don't be mad at your dad -- I'm sure it was an accident!

As long as she didn't actually break, she should recover. She might have a short growth pause as she recovers.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah Fridog shit sure does happen! - the stem didnt snap it was just bent and of course it was 100% an accident he helped me prop her up too which was nice :) no need to worry about the growth pause, as long as shes ok im ok haha

Is it sleeping time for her? They tend to droop down a bit when its close to or when the lights shut off. Other than that it could be slightly overwatered if you gave her a drink within the last 24hrs.

Her light came back on about an hour ago am leaving it a few more hours and will check again hoping that is the case as i havent given her any water in the past 24H and the accident happened while her light was off.

Update: (Day 11 Of Grow)

Leaves have perked up fine and she is showing all good signs that she will be ok, noticed that the cotyledons have began to die im assuming thats a normal thing that happens with every plant at some point?

yeah that's completely normal. Usually by the end of the second week they start to turn yellow and die. I normally take mine off by third week. As for the little break she'll be fine just prop her up with a little dirt hill around the stem, she'll be fine.

I've had a bad oops in my life..I accidentally knocked my 2 day old girl off the upstairs balcony rail to hit 12ft below on the concrete. The soil and her exploded out of her starter cup.. And being an auto I thought for sure that did her in.. But I kept calm grabbed some latex gloves.. My spray bottle with root stimulator in it and headed down for"surgery". I left her lay on the soil she was on and put the soil back in her cup.. Spraying it with root stimulator as I went.. Finally making a new bed for her and putting her deeper than she was before the crash.. Dam near right to her leaves.. And put her under a40w CFL with a humidity dome over her.. Couple days went buy and on the third day I noticed her leaves were getting higher from the soil surface so I knew she be OK. Kinda stunted now.. But green and healthy. Good luck and stay focused and relax. Things happen to ask of us that just make us cringed at times. But usually they perk up and carry on.

High Shadow

Im also on my first grow.Good luck bud:welcome:

Update: (Day 12 Of Grow)

Thank you for all your replies is much appreciated :) Shes recovering ok and can see the new growth on her growing...

Just wondering is it normal for the new leaves to be that light? im assuming it is as theyre young leaves and dont darken until they mature? - i havent really noticed it under the LED light as it makes the plant look all one colour

20160630_122127.jpg

Update: (Day 13 Of Grow)

Ignore my post about the new growth being pale, was having a 'doh' moment - shes doing really really well is nice to see progress from her. Other than that theres not much else to add for the update other than shes begining to speed up her growth.

Update: (Day 14 Of Grow) Wooo 2 Week Milestone :thumb:

Checked on her today and she was looking a tiny bit droopy so can only assume its because shes thursty today (it is day 14 after all) so gave her 200ml of water.

Back
Top Bottom