Your light might be to close should be about 23 inches but leave how it is and see how it turns out. If you check out my grow you will see what happens when you have the light to close. You are going to need more vertical growing room also also. Maybe try turning your Tent sideways if possible to get more room.

No worries Biggz123, i sorted that out yestedray and set the grow tent up vertically in a wardrobe - is looking great now!

Update: (Day 3 Of Grow)

In other news, Shes looking fantastic! and is loving new home:

20160620_103931.jpg

I'm subbed too if you dont mind.

and :welcome:to:420:

I read all your troubles before. I wish i had time to catch up with this earlier. I could give you some help. I did some over watering myself in my first grow but turned out ok with help from other members. As i was reading your journal from page 1 i realized you are acting a lot like me a few months back. Your excitement and passion for your plants leads you to over react in situations probably leading to mistakes.

Relax my friend and enjoy the journey
cause there are many great people and growers here to help you all the way till you harvest some great buds.

:cheer::circle-of-love:

By the way your new seedling looks great. I wonder why you left so much unused soil space in your pots. more soil meens bigger root system that leads to healtier plants and bigger yields.
And remember your baby plant has a a couple inches long root. it can not possible drink 250 or 500 ml every other day so what guys told you is they right way to go the first week or 10 days.

If you feel that soil is too dry on the surface, spray some water on surface a couple of times a day.

thank you for the Advice gyftobill! im not 100% sure why i didnt fill it up some more either... can do that when shes a little bit bigger... it is a fairly large pot for her so either way she has plenty of room :)

youre more than welcome to follow along :thumb:

have also learned to calm down on the excitement haha :p

thank you for the Advice gyftobill! im not 100% sure why i didnt fill it up some more either... can do that when shes a little bit bigger... it is a fairly large pot for her so either way she has plenty of room :)

youre more than welcome to follow along :thumb:

have also learned to calm down on the excitement haha :p

Slow and steady wins the race

Your new girl is looking much better!!! Hope she feels at home in her new tent!

My first grow was also the biggest learning experience, but it was so much fun and I learned so much -- not just about growing weed, but also being more in tune with the natural progression of a plant (all the things I missed at scholl when I wasn't paying attention!).

The most important thing is to have fun!

Update: (Day 5 Of Grow)

She is still looking good and healthy! leaves are not drooping all good signs.

20160622_075215.jpg

i gave the soil a light spray with some water earlier as the soil seems to have gone a little dry on the surface i also noticed a gap between the soil and the pot around the outside edge is this a problem? if so what recomended action should i take?

Edit: No need to fear as the soil is still nice and moist from the first water when i stick my finger in the soil, the soil isnt completly dry - just wondering if the gap caused by the outside of the soil drying up is a problem or not

You figured it out so reputation well deserved. The gap is from dry soil on surface. Nothing to worry about just keep it moist.

:thumb:

About adding soil to your pots. Its not a bad idea if you do it right and with caution. Just make sure that the soil is completely dry, so that it will come out easy and as one whole piece. You don't want to dislocate the root on a young plant.

hope you have success :cheer:

Yeah im planning on adding some more soil when the stem gets a little wider so i can tell that shes nice and sturdy before i take her out and add the extra soil in just to be safe

Thank you for the Rep :thanks: am looking forward to seeing her flower

Yea, i think that's the right way to go. I had to do some kind of surgery to the soil of a plant of my first grow. When it came out of soil the root was growing horizontally in the pot and the plant couldn't stand up. So i chopped the soil around the new born and placed it vertically. It turned out ok.

Update: (Day 5 Of Grow)

Shes continuing to grow well the leaves have definitly grown since yesterday looks like ive managed to get everything under control

20160623_124639.jpg

Back
Top Bottom