doesnt burn my hand unless its about 5cm from the light so must be ok - planning to do some lst training on her once she is a bit bigger so she doesnt get close to the light

Hey Shadow, just subbed this after following your last few weeks of growth. Good to see you are re-trying!

I can't tell how much space is between your plant and the LEDs. I try to keep my LEDs about 18" (45cm) from the tops during the grow, but a bit further when they are just seedlings. In my first grow I gave the 5-day old seedlings quite the light burn.

Looking good so far and hope you have more luck with the second round.

Maybe it's just the pictures, but that tent looks really short...do you have it set up right?

Yeah its definatly set up correctly is a 50x100x50cm tent i ordered a 70x100x70cm one and they cancelled it as they were out of stock :/ so i had to get the slightly smaller one instead can just use lst to keep her low down

cheers fridog! i could only get the light to about 9" away unfortunatly did order a 70x100x70 tent but they cancelled my order as it was out of stock and they didnt realise and they offered a 50x100x50cm one for a discount instead so i have set it up and moved the pot to the left slightly so she is about 14" maybe a tiny bit more away from the light...

does anyone have any ideas on how i could raise my light slightly higher?

If I understand your dimensions right, your tent is only 50cm high? Kinda looks like that on the pics you posted as well. If that's the case, you're really going to have some problems in the near future when your new seedling grows -- doesn't look like it has any place to go except straight into the lamp :-(

I think someone already asked, but are you sure the tent is set up properly? Are you sure it should not be standing upright, and then measuring 50x50 in the footprint and be 100 high? That would be better for the lights.

i reckon i should move it inside my wardrobe and put it up so its 100cm tall... i agree with you its a waste not being able to utilize my LED 100%... and its make my desk have no foot room haha yeah im gonna move it now lol

Good choice! Who needs room in their closet anyways? :thumb:

Keep in mind that your light is always going to be about 15-20cm from the top and your pot looks like it has about 15-20cm as well...tht doesn't leave much room for the plant itself (even with LST) in a 50cm tent.

got the light hoisted up about 20" from the plant so far shall i go up a lil more just to be safe?

got it to 24" now so should be more than fine lol

this looks much better :thumb: :

20160619_220027.jpg

Your light might be to close should be about 23 inches but leave how it is and see how it turns out. If you check out my grow you will see what happens when you have the light to close. You are going to need more vertical growing room also also. Maybe try turning your Tent sideways if possible to get more room.

I'm subbed too if you dont mind.

and :welcome:to:420:

I read all your troubles before. I wish i had time to catch up with this earlier. I could give you some help. I did some over watering myself in my first grow but turned out ok with help from other members. As i was reading your journal from page 1 i realized you are acting a lot like me a few months back. Your excitement and passion for your plants leads you to over react in situations probably leading to mistakes.

Relax my friend and enjoy the journey
cause there are many great people and growers here to help you all the way till you harvest some great buds.

:cheer::circle-of-love:

By the way your new seedling looks great. I wonder why you left so much unused soil space in your pots. more soil meens bigger root system that leads to healtier plants and bigger yields.
And remember your baby plant has a a couple inches long root. it can not possible drink 250 or 500 ml every other day so what guys told you is they right way to go the first week or 10 days.

If you feel that soil is too dry on the surface, spray some water on surface a couple of times a day.

Back
Top Bottom