First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

Calmag I would stay now the big bloom I would wait

Well I've already given them a low dose of the BigBloom so I'll see how they like it. I tend to start nutes so low that by the time the plants know that they're getting any it's probably exactly when you would recommend starting! :)

I'll go with the cal/mag+ on the next water, probably 1ml/gal added to the BigBloom.

Monday morning and I hope those in south Texas are managing to keep their head above water, literally.

Boxes of buds are drying slowly as the ambient RH here has been really high. Last night was foggy and misty and high humidity through tomorrow afternoon, but even then it will be in the mid 50% range for only a few hours and then back up to the 70s. I moved a hygrometer into the Blue 2 box this morning and it was 73% adjusted. Airflow is good though so it should be ok. If it stays this high I'm going to need a lot of rice balls to put into the jars, and I need more jars as well! May have to start buying my own pantyhose ;)

Speaking of rice balls, I managed to get most of the jars into the low-mid 60% range so I haven't been burping lately. I don't want to let moisture into the jars when I open them.

Low and slow is stinking up the fridge (the kids have noticed so I told them hands off and we'll see how it goes) and the kitchen every time the door gets opened. SweetSue said not to open the bag for a week, just to roll it around daily to redistribute the buds so that's what I'm doing.

Hope the week ahead is looking bright!

Tuesday morning fridge-bag roll to all! Heat is rising here but that should dry the dew off the AK-47 on day 103. Heat or no it's still pretty damp here especially in the evenings, and the AK is out all night now. The new babies are in the shed under the CFLs...no 103-day-old auto is going to take the light from the next generation.

Here is the rest of AK-47 drying off by the first rays of sun coming over the garage. Days are def getting shorter.

20170829_081957.jpg

And because it's been a while, here's some macro pr0n of the AK buds. Seeing a bit of amber but still some clear so it may go beyond this weekend...we'll see how it goes with a week of sun and heat.

20170829_082207.jpg

20170829_082217.jpg

20170829_082239.jpg

20170829_082253.jpg

20170829_082306.jpg

Tuesday morning fridge-bag roll to all! Heat is rising here but that should dry the dew off the AK-47 on day 103. Heat or no it's still pretty damp here especially in the evenings, and the AK is out all night now. The new babies are in the shed under the CFLs...no 103-day-old auto is going to take the light from the next generation.

Here is the rest of AK-47 drying off by the first rays of sun coming over the garage. Days are def getting shorter.

20170829_081957.jpg

And because it's been a while, here's some macro pr0n of the AK buds. Seeing a bit of amber but still some clear so it may go beyond this weekend...we'll see how it goes with a week of sun and heat.

20170829_082207.jpg

20170829_082217.jpg

20170829_082239.jpg

20170829_082253.jpg

20170829_082306.jpg

Nice pics bro. Seeing clear as well, but mostly milky to me. i like it!!

Sorry about that! I think KingJoe has a poop issue in his yard as well. I recall a vid he posted in one of his journals where he has to walk around the piles in his backyard while he films!

My dog poops on the side of the backyard I don't have to walk through very often, which is good bc I hardly ever get around to picking it up :-0

Sorry about that! I think KingJoe has a poop issue in his yard as well. I recall a vid he posted in one of his journals where he has to walk around the piles in his backyard while he films!

My dog poops on the side of the backyard I don't have to walk through very often, which is good bc I hardly ever get around to picking it up :-0

Ha, I'll have to ck that out. I usually keep it up, especially having two doggie, but been slacking last few daze.....guess they really..........PILE.......UP...:rofl::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt:

Hey, seriously though....the soil I transplanted the cookies in is now going on it's third time being used. It was damp, but R.E.M.'s to be drying out pretty fast. The root ball was really damp/wet from the small pot and the rain. Question is, should I have packed down soil a bit, because I barely did. Pretty much just filled with soil around rootball, & up to cotyledons, then lifted pot and ever so slightly dropped to the ground from bout an inch high to tamp the soil in. Also, should I have watered in to avoid air pockets even though the rootball and soil was already damp? Thanks

I think you'll be okay (except for reusing the dirt which isn't recommended, especially since it's hard for you to add nutes bc of the rain). Never tamp down wet or damp soil as it removes all the air pockets that help with drainage and space for oxygen for the roots. Small air pockets good. Big ones go away first time you water to runoff anyway.

Outstanding grow! :goodjob: It's informative for me to see how other west coasters handle our vague summer. I'll check out your next journal.

Thanks Boat and welcome aboard ;) Still more to come here as I have the rest of the AK-47 to cut down as well as dealing with the RH for drying and curing, AND making canna lotion and canna-root lotion. Haven't picked a recipe yet for either tho. Still researching that.

Thanks Boat and welcome aboard ;) Still more to come here as I have the rest of the AK-47 to cut down as well as dealing with the RH for drying and curing, AND making canna lotion and canna-root lotion. Haven't picked a recipe yet for either tho. Still researching that.

Do you have a magical butter machine? I love mine so much. I make a lot of coconut oil with it. I've been thinking about growing a cbd strain and making a lotion with it for my wife's back. Let me know what recipe you go with and how it turns out I'm very interested

Haha this poop stuff is getting crazy !! Lol

Yes I hadn't gotten a chance to clean my dog poop and made a video and sure enough in The Guy who walks in flip flops and in shit now lol. Bhaha

Do you have a magical butter machine? I love mine so much. I make a lot of coconut oil with it. I've been thinking about growing a cbd strain and making a lotion with it for my wife's back. Let me know what recipe you go with and how it turns out I'm very interested

No magical butter machine :-( I'll mock up some double boiler contraption with various size pots when I cook it all together. I know a guy coming back from Arizona soon who said he'd bring me back a bottle of Everclear if he remembers (can't buy in CA) but not sure I'll be using it this time.

At this point my plan is to oven decarb all the frozen trim (baking pan covered in tin foil) and then blend that together with the rest of the above-ground plant parts (stems and fans) and cook that into lotion. I might blend in some non-decarbed buds if I feel like I have enough to spare to add THCa to the THC. I figure that way I'll have a little bit of everything in the finished product, minus any bud rot mold that gets cooked out in the decarb!

Still planning on a lot more research into the lotion-making side of this. Whatever I end up doing you'll read about it right here!

Back
Top Bottom