First Grow - White Widow Fem - Soil - LED

420-magazine-mobile1331781962.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1311817449.jpg
420-magazine-mobile875482308.jpg
I put some ladybugs on my bb a couple days ago and they are still hanging around, i sprayed a little bit of their food i mix on some of the leaves, the directions said it might help them perform better.✌

I used a ph soil tested that I forgot about and soil read between 7 and 8! I always ph the water to 6.5, so I'm really not sure what to do about that.. all advice is welcome!

I've been seeing that people are flushing their medium to clear out whats built up in there. Could try running pH'd water through the plant and testing the runoff until its in range. Look into it ;)

I've been seeing that people are flushing their medium to clear out whats built up in there. Could try running pH'd water through the plant and testing the runoff until its in range. Look into it ;)
Thanks! I actually got my 7 gallon fabric pots in today, and will transplant tonight! Hopefully that helps! From now on I will be testing the runoff every time I water.

Thanks! I actually got my 7 gallon fabric pots in today, and will transplant tonight! Hopefully that helps! From now on I will be testing the runoff every time I water.

I think you brought up something else to think about. If a plant is root bound, it's ability to take in nutrients is decreased right(correct me if I'm wrong, thinking out loud)? If that is the case, that could explain the high pH and transplanting would allow the roots to grow and use up those nutrients right?

I think you brought up something else to think about. If a plant is root bound, it's ability to take in nutrients is decreased right(correct me if I'm wrong, thinking out loud)? If that is the case, that could explain the high pH and transplanting would allow the roots to grow and use up those nutrients right?
I thought that might be it, but I just transplanted them and they hadn't even filled out the pots completely.

But you bring up a good point for others that read might read this in the future, with the same issues!

It's frustrating as a beginner trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing!!

Transplanted my girls, they really weren't doing well!! Droopy with a few bottom leaves yellow and dying. The didn't grow much last week.

I repotted to 7 gallon fabric pots... I laughed when I saw how big they were!!! Seems like overkill.

I really hope they perk up and get some growth and health back within the next week so I can switch to flower at six weeks old, June 12th, Monday.

420-magazine-mobile2004449134.jpg

Transplanted my girls, they really weren't doing well!! Droopy with a few bottom leaves yellow and dying. The didn't grow much last week.

I repotted to 7 gallon fabric pots... I laughed when I saw how big they were!!! Seems like overkill.

I really hope they perk up and get some growth and health back within the next week so I can switch to flower at six weeks old, June 12th, Monday.

420-magazine-mobile2004449134.jpg
Slow and steady win the rain little nutes is key.

They look so much happier this morning!!

I set up the trellis net, and it was a lot easier with the 3 1/2" holes. If I continue with this method, I'll probably have to layer a second net on top for support.

My fiance brought home a truck full of fencing and chicken wire for our property, so I was thinking about rigging up something a little sturdier.. we shall see...

420-magazine-mobile1272795899.jpg

I'm still messing with the net, but I have the tallest one bent over for now.

420-magazine-mobile714320173.jpg

The Ladybugs are still around! A few have died, but I have more in Fridge Limbo (they last 2 week in the fridge) and will put those out soon.

All's well here!! ✌

Girls are looking great, love the net, i may try a net in the near future, i imagine it would make training alot easier.✌
Thanks! It really was so easy to put up and to bend them under! I imagine it would be even better with a legit scrog screen. The tie down method wasn't working very well for me, but I should have topped and started lst sooner. Beginner mistakes, gotta learn somehow

Well I've been doing a lot of reading on this site trying to remedy the slow growth I've had on my White Widows. They are 5 weeks old and not nearly as big as I would like. I also had issues, before I repotted, with brown spots and lower dying/yellow leaves and just overall slow growth.

They had access to plenty of nutrients in the FFOF, so it has to be lockout. I keep the water Ph'd to 6.5 to that's not the issue. It really let me to think I'm not watering correctly. I've always been scared to water them "too much" so I made a big rookie mistake by skimping on the amount of water and watering more often. If that makes sense.

I came across this announcement about proper watering on the Indoor Soil Cultivation forum. Awesome read and so helpful!!

The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile! I tried to log in a couple days ago and got a notification saying I was banned for life! I was so upset because I lost my entire journal!!

I sent a message to support and they finally responded saying that it was an accident and my account was reinstated.

Everything is good here, the plants have bounced back from transplant and my goal now it to try and fill the canopy. Means I'll have to keep them in veg for a couple more weeks at least, but I think it'll be so worth it! Pics coming...

Back
Top Bottom