Yeah I agree...they look like they have phos def and Nitrogen overdosing which is hard to imagine at the same time...maybe you failed to switch to bloom nutes?

There is a third think there that may be lights or abrasion scuffing.

Can you pull the plant out and take a picture under normal lighting?

I can not take her out though VI....Yes i burnt her last week and i have in the past with just a slight yellowing of the tips. I never knew that they the tips dry up and curl then break off. I guess i really got her good this time. Know i know i guess. im taking a few lights out shots now. When your in bloom GH says to still use the veg nute which is what i was doing, am i not suppose to do that while in bloom?

I looked all over for that messed up leaf and i cant find it or another like it. I must of pulled that leaf and never took a pic of it. Anyway seems like that was the only leaf that had it and was on the sour d. She is in her own 10g dwc all by herself since she started bloom if that matters. I was always told to grow two different strains separate to see how they act. Now i know why!

Lights out pic but with flash..best pic i can get everyone.

image10978.jpeg
image10977.jpeg
image10976.jpeg
image10975.jpeg

So there you have it i had to of pulled that leaf but if i did why didnt i take a pic of it...oh well today makes day 30 out of 65 days hopeful harvest time frame. Im seeing some amber hairs now on the buds. about 30-40% amber now.

VI you mentioned lights well the sour is big and sits a mere 8'' inches from the led. I did the hand test and its not even hot so not sure if thats it. Keep in mind the stretch has stopped and she has been this close the led for a month.

I do want everyone to know that all your input advice criticism is appreciated...

Thank you noob i just been adding plain PH'ed water to the sour since last feeding. Fresh un-nuted water helped my little nute burn last time but this time it wasnt so forgiving.

Hey anyone know how long a carbon filter "should" scrub the air. Running a 4'' carbon cylinder filter. I been running it now for about a month month and a half tops. I never run it on high just low/med when i get a whiff i bump her up to med/high.

Also do you just buy carbon and replace it in your filter? I see how to do that after i had to take the flange off to fit it on the ducting perfectly.

OK cmay , couple things brotha! If you can, get those plants out of the pots and fill them right up to the top with soil. Do it now , while you still can.Are those your final pots? About the filters....no, don't try and re-fill those filters. They last a long time if you look after them. Run the fan/filter you have 24/7/365 on about 75% speed, NO faster and no slower. running the fan at a slower speed will help the fan and filter last much longer than at 100%, but not too slow ( hard on motor windings if run too slow....i'm a 30yr. electrician BTW) If your filter has a pre-filter around it...change it OFTEN OK. Just so ya know....the longer the air is in contact with the carbon....the better job it does, another reason to only run it at 75-80 % of full speed. running it faster actually works in reverse, if ya know what i mean. We want the dirty , smelly air to be in contact with the carbon as long as possible to really scrub the air OK! If i was you i would get rid of your DWC and make the switch to soil ....DBHBB to be exact!! with using our soil , you have NO worries. No problems, NO ph bullshit to worry about and you will love the results.Just a few thoughts cmay! That Ak-47 ya got there is going to really stink! Anyhow . cheers and have an awesome night brotha!:high-five:

ok how about this,,, Ill listen to both of you haha.

Ok first off what is DBHBB and those plants where going to stay in those pot but now ill be adding more soil bc i dont know what im doing technically. You guys and gals (i see sara around hi btw) help out a lot. So here is that leaf i thought i pulled. I found it and took a pic of it...Yes i pulled it, just incase.

image11028.jpeg

oh why should i dump the dwc i guess your a soil guy. The sour diesel is actually more stinky then the AK47......:tokin:

I forgot to say that i think those marks are from the led being maybe too close. The marks look "uniform" to me. Like equally spaced in rows of two which makes me believe its that. Im mean i know nothing about bugs or mold or diseases having to do with growing.

ok how about this,,, Ill listen to both of you haha.

Ok first off what is DBHBB and those plants where going to stay in those pot but now ill be adding more soil bc i dont know what im doing technically. You guys and gals (i see sara around hi btw) help out a lot. So here is that leaf i thought i pulled. I found it and took a pic of it...Yes i pulled it, just incase.

image11028.jpeg

oh why should i dump the dwc i guess your a soil guy. The sour diesel is actually more stinky then the AK47......:tokin:

Mornin cmay,...ya , I'm a soil guy, for sure! I tried all the other ways of cultivating over the last 25-30 yrs. and now I'm a true believer in Doc Bud's High Brix Blend (DBHBB). It's the only method I've come across with absolutely NO worries of success! No phing, no nutes, and a hellava lotta support right here from the guy who started it all with his "kit". Can't beat this system for reliability and worry free grows....ALL THE TIME! Your DWC is a lot more maintainance, a lot more worrying, and a lot of uncertainy with every grow. What happens if ya lose power to the pumps? Guess what...everything takes a dive! Not the way I wanna grow. Anyhow , think about switching over...you won't regret it ! Have an awesome day cmay!

DWC is not where I ever recommend beginners to grow.

There are many methods. Each has its place. I go back and forth. I am running Subcools method for the first time and not using anything but water and some EWC tea once in a while.

DWC you have to learn just about everything you need to learn to grow in soil and also everything about hydro all at once and I can beat Hydro guys growing in soil all the time.

This was grown in soil not using anything fancy at all just a very basic blend and from seed . I got this in just under 4 months on a 12 week blooming plant in soil. Almost only on EWC tea for nutes in bloom and near nothing in veg. Super simple. Just water about once a week. In mid bloom you step that up a bit.

RB3.JPG

RB6.JPG

Image71013.jpg

Image101004.jpg

So you can get a large plant in soil right on time and mature. A lot of people do soil wrong which has reduced vigor and give up and jump into Hydro without having explored what soil is and what roots are.

Hey man thought I'd stop by and check your grow out. Your plants are looking spot on I hope my buds look as frosty as those. What's the led lights like? Have you harvested any plants yet if so what weight did you get dry?

VI im doing a soil grow with the clones i got from my first grow so i can test the waters there.

Gringo thank you and im sure yours will be awesome. I mean come on how can they not, bc your in the best place to be right now (here). I used a mars hydro reflector 48 the 105 true wat one to veg them, which i did for too long honestly. Newbie mistake basically. To bloom im using one mars hydro 300 and a mars hydro reflector 96. The mars 300 seems to be stronger though its not rated to be. The AK is sitting under it and loving it. The sour D even does as well as she is heading towards that side.

Dun im going to try that next time and see, this is such a great hobby lol!

So there are a lot of ways to grow. I have to move so I stopped what I was doing and just filled my tent with clones I was going to space out.

These were planted in soil on 3/26 (This should take you to the exact post VI's - Subcool Based - 2 Worm - Multi-Strain - Mother Hunt - 2016 ). 1 week of veg, and are now 4.5 weeks bloom on a 12 weeker.

Tall_clone.JPG

(if you look close you see the third one is tied to the frame training it over in half)

The bigger one is 28" from the soil. So in 13 -14 weeks I can turn 3 foot Fully Mature Sativas in soil using this method. This is my first time doing this method so I can improve a lot. But it is similar to what I have done in the past. I am standing firm on not adding any fertilizers ... so far they have made it well into bloom on a full grow without fertilizers. The longer term plants could use some but this almost 6 week old clone is fine.

Those clones are going to make it through the grow on day old unfiltered tap water without anything added and I bet they do just fine. I will likely add some EWC tea once, maybe twice and that is it.

DWC is fun..I like doing it when I have time. With soil done correctly once you are dialed you water once a week in veg and every few days in bloom and that is it. Not much time into it until harvest. Biggest ordeal is making the tea every few weeks but that is kinda fun and I am making a vortex brewer which makes it effortless.

VI what kind of plant is that in the back left? ALso is that mars hydro 300?

Yeah my main light is a 1000W HPS DE but I have a few of those Mars 300 (and some other lights) and when that one got too tall to be under the main light (at its current height which I wont change for the one plant as it is right for the rest) she got moved to the cornner and was out of the lighted area so I had to add that up top.

That technically is a Sativa clone from an unknown freebie but I am certain it is an F1 from Nirvana called Raspberry Cough. Very potent stuff. Came off a clone of the plant I showed you already next to my bike.

Speaking of bikes man i had the same bike except mine has some custom paint job. I bought it used for dirt cheap so I couldn't pass on her.

She has a lot of work done to her to make her look like a harley soft tail. Many people would pull up next to me and ask if it was a soft tail. The first time someone asked me i said to myself whats that but answered yeah just to see what they would say.

LOL

I got mine for cheap. I am third owner. First dumped it having a stroke. Second was a pilot who fixed all up. Now I ride it like I stole it as I got it for next to nothing.

Yours looks like a newer 600. Mine is a 94 1100. That model Harley sued Honda over it and Harley ended up patenting their exhaust.

That i didnt know, but that bike is was a vz800 marauder.

Ok time for an update:

Last night i changed the water in both the dwc for the sour diesel and AK47. I really getting close and I have 25 days left of a target 65 day harvest. Which I know can and probably will go longer. I mean another week or two at this point wont hurt to make sure the bud is the best it will be.

The girls are really starting to show serious frost everywhere. The buds are stacking up more some hairs are amber about 30% at this point. Most of the amber buds are all on the top canopy with not a single bud on the lower popcorn showing all white still. Which way do the buds progress, lower develops later then the upper?

The last feeding seemed to cause some nute burn to my sour and she is still recovering. The way i fixed it was just add more PH'ed water during the week. All water added the last 8 days was straight water no nutes. So for this exchange i just gave her 1/4 of what I gave her last water change. The tips curled up a bite more then ever so i got her good this time. Live and learn as I did. Here is a pic of the tips curling which is from getting nute burn.

image11277.jpeg
tha

Damn that picture came out horrible but you get the idea..

So I took a lil page from someone on here i cant remember who but I added some CFL support for the shaded areas of the tent. Mainly the back left conor needed it the most. I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT difference in the two bud who got the pleasure of basting under it. They seems to have FATTEN up more the everyone else. Could this be something to look into more next time that's for sure?

image11275.jpeg

image11276.jpeg

This is the is a couple of shots of the tent.

image11274.jpeg
image11273.jpeg
image11272.jpeg
image11271.jpeg

Ok so thats the sour diesel and how she progressed. I saved the best for last!
image11270.jpeg

So I have a question to anyone who is hanging around. How do we know when the plant it truly done?

Mornin cmay,...ya it really depends on just how ripe you want them and what effects you would like to lean towards. usually, if you harvest earlier (alot of clear gland heads and not many amber) the buzz and effects will be lighter , more heady , or "up" if you will. If you let her really ripen :))) more pronounced flavours and a heavier , body type buzz happens. What most growers like to do is , wait till most of the gland heads are milky looking with not many clear heads left, but not too many amber either! With DBHBB we are fortunate cuz our plants like the HB soil so much the heads wanna stay milky and are reluctant to go amber at all. This is great for us cuz it gives more heads a chance to fatten up and go milky which is what we want. If you don't have a little scope to actually check out the gland heads , then it's a good practice to wait till all the pistils have receeded back to the calyx and look all withered up ....if you look at Doc's. plants just before he chops , this is exactly what you'le see. Doc waits till the pistils have receeded, this is when alot of the weight and flavour comes on....hope this helps cmay! Cheers and good morning Gang!

Back
Top Bottom