Flump's Grow: Dinamed CBD, 2019/12

Yeah I thought of just starting over BUT I trust Doc's knowledge and if I can salvage this plant it's all for the best... I'll keep it until Doc tells me it's over and/or it dies.

I'm honestly happy to have all these issues. Great learning experience AND you people get to see troubleshooting first hand of a situation you wouldn't normally encounter. Win-win.

I'll get there! :surf:
I most likely would have culled and started over, but I am an anxious soul and need to work on patience.
It absolutely is a great learning experience and I think that attitude will serve you well. Keep that up!
:passitleft:

Pictures of the day! Good news is the pot is starting to feel real light. I expect eminent watering in a couple of days. Will do rescue drench as instructed by Doc. I'm not sure if it's drying naturally or because the plant restarted drinking...

20200112_161755.jpg
20200112_161835.jpg

And here's something that made me laugh... I can relate to that... :rofl:

137594e.png

OK Flump...my thoughts. Your lil girl there has reached rock bottom . If she is light , then it's a good time to get her transplanted into another , much bigger pot (at least a #10). Her stalk looks large and since the pot is looking near half full with soil:)() ...that is wat i would do. I know Doc says a rescue Drench but it looks like she is near due for a transplanting anyhow, so....Cheers.

Pictures of the day! Good news is the pot is starting to feel real light. I expect eminent watering in a couple of days. Will do rescue drench as instructed by Doc. I'm not sure if it's drying naturally or because the plant restarted drinking...

20200112_161755.jpg
20200112_161835.jpg

The stem is greening up. The new growth in the nodes is looking good.....right now the plant is trying to grow roots mostly, but also trying to repair damaged tissue a little. That's why it seems stalled on top.

Please leave it right where it is....don't disturb the roots, it's got a long way to go before it has a proper roots ball. Rescue Drench as planned. It's gonna be OK.

The stem is greening up. The new growth in the nodes is looking good.....right now the plant is trying to grow roots mostly, but also trying to repair damaged tissue a little. That's why it seems stalled on top.

Please leave it right where it is....don't disturb the roots, it's got a long way to go before it has a proper roots ball. Rescue Drench as planned. It's gonna be OK.
Out of curiosity....would snipping the leaf tips like people do with clones direct more of the energy on the roots?

I know eh Flump.:passitleft: Don't laugh man...well, ya go ahead... :rofl:. It's just that we all put so much time , effort and love to our hobbies ,it's a big deal when our "plan comes together" (name that series, AND star!) or doesn't.
Your lil plant will survive, and pay u back for all this 'drama' i'm sure of that. You are in the right place. And hey....it's fun too...cheers.:high-five:

I know eh Flump.:passitleft: Don't laugh man...well, ya go ahead... :rofl:. It's just that we all put so much time , effort and love to our hobbies ,it's a big deal when our "plan comes together" (name that series, AND star!) or doesn't.
Your lil plant will survive, and pay u back for all this 'drama' i'm sure of that. You are in the right place. And hey....it's fun too...cheers.:high-five:
:rofl: Ya man... I've put A LOT of time and money over the years for this hobby. Lots of failures.. then I ended here. Love the vibe and knowledge.. I'm here for a while... :surf:

I don't know the name of the series and star... Maybe I'm too young.. :rofl:

:popcorn:Is it rescue drench day yet, or what!?

FWIW Flump, I'm with Duggs--I'd get her in 15 gals and call it good. That said, Doc is a damn master when it comes to 1 gal pots, epic root balls, epic flowers, and plants that sprint in flower. Maybe give her the rescue, then next watering up-pot her?

Just thought I'd toss my $.02 into the ring. You're in the best of hands!

--Stoney :passitleft:

FWIW Flump, I'm with Duggs--I'd get her in 15 gals and call it good. That said, Doc is a damn master when it comes to 1 gal pots, epic root balls, epic flowers, and plants that sprint in flower. Maybe give her the rescue, then next watering up-pot her?

Yep. That's the strategy. A Rescue Drench will establish the roots.....in 10 days it will be ready to transplant.

The reason you don't want to do it now is because what little roots there are will be damaged and the plant will never quite get back on track.

:popcorn:

Good day Flump and Friends:ganjamon:

I died when Flumpy referred to us as “you people”:rofl:

Nice advice by all and I see what Doc means and what Doog’s/ Ween & Stoney are saying. I’d be right with them forcing the upcan and the plant would rapidly get healthier above ground.

But I also 100% believe in Docs method to Rescue and get the roots on track then upcan and the remainder of the grow should be at a higher potential. My first couple kit grows I was eager to upcan and flip. But I’ve learned this last grow that a lengthy veg in the 1s really helps them “sprint” as Stoney mentioned in the flowering stages. Learning a lot.

My Maui’s are said to take 9weeks by the breeder to flower. They are at day 51-52 ish and are looking like I could chop any time now. Likely getting into the early harvest window. I think this rapid flowering was due to the long veg Compared to my previous grows. Just some food for thought Flumpy!

Have a great day guys:)

Nice advice by all and I see what Doc means and what Doog’s/ Ween & Stoney are saying. I’d be right with them forcing the upcan and the plant would rapidly get healthier above ground.

But I also 100% believe in Docs method to Rescue and get the roots on track then upcan and the remainder of the grow should be at a higher potential. My first couple kit grows I was eager to upcan and flip. But I’ve learned this last grow that a lengthy veg in the 1s really helps them “sprint” as Stoney mentioned in the flowering stages. Learning a lot.

My Maui’s are said to take 9weeks by the breeder to flower. They are at day 51-52 ish and are looking like I could chop any time now. Likely getting into the early harvest window. I think this rapid flowering was due to the long veg Compared to my previous grows. Just some food for thought Flumpy!

Yep. It's true that a transplant would make them look better.

But that's really not the goal.....what we want is short internodes, high calyx to leaf ratio and an overabundance of roots.

We won't get any of that with an early transplant.

Good day to all! Thank you all for your advice and kind words.. Hope all this troubleshooting is of interest for you!

I think it's rescue drench day! I'll post a couple of pictures first. Leaves seems droopy to me... Thanks a lot for your advice! It's really appreciated! :passitleft:

Haha I didn't mean to offend anyone... :hmmmm: I'm sure old timers like you don't get to see this kind of newbie problem very often... but I might be mistaken! Thanks a lot for your valuable input. I find it very interesting to read all your different approaches to this issue. I'm very grateful for all this knowledge :adore:

Yep. It's true that a transplant would make them look better.

But that's really not the goal.....what we want is short internodes, high calyx to leaf ratio and an overabundance of roots.

We won't get any of that with an early transplant.
I plan on watering tonight with rescue drench... more soon!

Back
Top Bottom