GDB Does Tangerine Dream Fems

I remove branches that don’t make it to the canopy around 21 days into flower.
When you count days into flower do you count as days from flip or days from when they actually started to flower?

You did say you were growing the Photo's in the same tent as the Auto's didn't you ? I can't even imagine how tall a plant would get with 12 weeks of Veg & only topping. In 12 weeks of veg time I think I could spread a single plant out enough to fill a 5' x 5' tent if I tried.

You did say you were growing the Photo's in the same tent as the Auto's didn't you ? I can't even imagine how tall a plant would get with 12 weeks of Veg & only topping. In 12 weeks of veg time I think I could spread a single plant out enough to fill a 5' x 5' tent if I tried.
Buds, I'm not going to wait for the autos to finish before I flip the photos. It is my understanding that changing the light cycle does not affect autos, so I will flip the photos when I like their size and the autos will continue under 12/12. (In fact, I changed the light cycle on my current autos and they did not miss a beat. Around the time I got the photo seedlings going I changed the cycle from 20/4 to 18/6.) :Rasta:

Buds, I'm not going to wait for the autos to finish before I flip the photos. It is my understanding that changing the light cycle does not affect autos, so I will flip the photos when I like their size and the autos will continue under 12/12. (In fact, I changed the light cycle on my current autos and they did not miss a beat. Around the time I got the photo seedlings going I changed the cycle from 20/4 to 18/6.) :Rasta:

Autos can deal with most any lighting. I will say that you'll likely not get as much out of the auto by doing 12/12 in its final stages of growth, at least in my experience.

Doesn't only having one set up suck? I'm so tempted to splurge and buy a second tent/light/etc.

Autos can deal with most any lighting. I will say that you'll likely not get as much out of the auto by doing 12/12 in its final stages of growth, at least in my experience.

Doesn't only having one set up suck? I'm so tempted to splurge and buy a second tent/light/etc.
One tent is a challenge. But it's so much better than the cardboard box lined with foil that was my first grow space! :Rasta:

What skip said! Less light = less harvest weight. But that's the best you can do with one tent if you can't wait for the autos to finish before you flip. Might not be a bad idea to train the photos flat and wait for the the autos to finish then!

Well, this is a development. When I first had the discussions about changing the cycle to 12/12 mid-growth I was only told that it would work. There was no mention of a diminished harvest. I can't accept that outcome. :reading420magazine:

So now my lazy ass has to do some serious de-cluttering and furniture moving to make room for the 2.5 x 2.5 (foot) tent I just ordered after reading Shed's post. It, of course, will be for the autos.

This is probably a blessing in disguise. While I had no desire to do the work required to fit in another tent, I desperately wanted one. Now I have sufficient motivation to get off my ass and make it happen.

Thanks? guys. :Rasta:

Just came across this thread and I just harvested a tangerine dream auto a few weeks ago that started flowering under 18/6 and finished under 12/12 because my veg lights aren't strong enough for any serious flower power so i moved her to my bloom cabinet.
I definitely could have gotten more weight off her but still managed 60g of fluff with a fantastic high (great for rolling joints). I call it my "dish weed"...because after medicating I'm ready to do the dishes...and laundry...and pressure wash the driveway...and the cars...
needless to say, mrs cough is a fan of it LOL

I am still looking for a strain that will keep my wife awake after 8:30pm! I'm hoping that the Golden Tiger or Fruit Punch I'm growing now will do it.
So now my lazy ass has to do some serious de-cluttering and furniture moving to make room for the 2.5 x 2.5 (foot) tent I just ordered after reading Shed's post. It, of course, will be for the autos.
:yahoo:

Definitely going to be worth it. For autos and vegging photos...perfect!

I am still looking for a strain that will keep my wife awake after 8:30pm! I'm hoping that the Golden Tiger or Fruit Punch I'm growing now will do it.

:yahoo:

Definitely going to be worth it. For autos and vegging photos...perfect!
I wonder of chocolope might work for her?

What’s goin on GDB. As someone who set up their own second tent recently, lemme just say; you’re gonna be soooo happy you finally got the work done to make it happen! You can finish your autos in there and start your next round of photos just as your autos are about to come down! Your other photos come down and you move your second group of photos over to the big tent where you can finish them vegging before you flip.. of course starting another round of autos in your small tent. I don’t think you realize just how busy you’ve just made yourself with your garden!

Aloha GDP!

on the new tent! I bought another tent as well with the intention to do the same.. haha

I haven’t set it up though.. I get the hairy eyeball from the ole lady every time I set up more or buy more grow shit :laugh:... as with most things timing is critical I suppose.

Hope all is well my friend! Aloha!!

Aloha GDP!

on the new tent! I bought another tent as well with the intention to do the same.. haha

I haven’t set it up though.. I get the hairy eyeball from the ole lady every time I set up more or buy more grow shit :laugh:... as with most things timing is critical I suppose.

Hope all is well my friend! Aloha!!
Ha! The dreaded hairy eyeball! Gotta keep those at a minimum. :Rasta:

Hope all is well with you too, Sunny!

What’s goin on GDB. As someone who set up their own second tent recently, lemme just say; you’re gonna be soooo happy you finally got the work done to make it happen! You can finish your autos in there and start your next round of photos just as your autos are about to come down! Your other photos come down and you move your second group of photos over to the big tent where you can finish them vegging before you flip.. of course starting another round of autos in your small tent. I don’t think you realize just how busy you’ve just made yourself with your garden!
Hey, Chef! Man, I'm looking forward to this. I welcome the increased responsibilities, especially with being locked down in the house for the most part. The tent should arrive 6 days from now and I've got enough old LEDs and fans to get her up and running right away. I still haven't done the work required to make room for it, and that is my next (and biggest) hurdle.

Instead of doing that work, I'm busy looking thru my auto seeds now, trying to pick out 2 more to drop (leaning toward Californian Snow & Blue Dream'matic from Fastbuds). I'll have 4 autos in the small tent but only 2 photos in the big one. I'll stumble upon a better strategy down the road. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom