GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Ugh! Those "ideas" you are referring to got me nowhere. I tried selling most of them, but folks looked at me, laughed, then walked away. However, several of them inquired about grommets and tents with double acting zippers. These my friend, these are the money makers. I even went as far as having a patent shoe applied to most of the ideas I came up with. So, there you have it.
Did I say hi yet? Hello. You were dreaming about me, weren't you?
Now we know what it takes to draw you back in! :ciao:

Ugh! Those "ideas" you are referring to got me nowhere. I tried selling most of them, but folks looked at me, laughed, then walked away. However, several of them inquired about grommets and tents with double acting zippers. These my friend, these are the money makers. I even went as far as having a patent shoe applied to most of the ideas I came up with. So, there you have it.
Did I say hi yet? Hello. You were dreaming about me, weren't you?
Ha ha! So sorry to hear that the ideas you stole from me go you nowhere. NOT!

I too like grommets. Who'd you steal that idea from?

Double acting zippers for the weirdos who like to close themselves up in their tents. Well, that's got to be a niche market.

Hello back atcha @MrSauga! It's about time you graced us with your next disappearance! 😁

First of all Shed, I did not call him I only mentioned him!

But yeah, he's a lot like another guy who happens to be very prominent in the news these days. Accuse him of doing something that he actually did and he'll wake up and speak up! 😁

Hello gang!

It's Day 46 for the Phase II girls and I continue to like what I'm seeing!

They responded well to the increased dosage of MaxiGro - by growing!
CL 5-16-24 D46 tent.jpg

The Godberry in the middle still refuses to budge vertically but that's okay. I like her anyway!:Rasta:
NL P2 5-16-24 D46 eyelevel.jpg

Here's an overhead shot:
NT P2 5-16-24 D46 above.jpg

This trio is not likely to get to their Day 60 before I flip them. But that's not a COP 'cause my revised plan was to flip them by Day 60. :)

---------------------------------

Sorry but im wondering So change of subject a minute, have you checked on the outdoors plant GDB?
Inquiry minds want to know 😁✌️
Well that's a well-timed question SOG!

I just got back from the remote site and my buddy LB and I finally got the Cosmic Lights in the ground!

I was impressed by how much she had grown since last Tuesday:
CL 6-16-24 D86 pre-trim.jpg

I trimmed her up a bit in prep her for burial:
CL 5-16-24 D86 post-trim.jpg

LB did actually have a good spot for her, right beside his pond. I had toured the yard and walked by this spot but hadn't considered it for the plant. There are a bunch of other plants around that I hope will attract more bugs than the CL. And there's plenty of sunshine! 🌞
CL 5-16-24 by the hole.jpg

She's in!
CL - 5-16-24 D86 in ground.jpg

And for now, she looks quite inconspicuous.
CL 5-16-24 D86 in ground2.jpg

The burial went smoothly. The stoner in me did manage to forget to bring the mycos along. I'm kinda' bummed about that. But when one is growing remotely (over 35 miles away) there's no, "Oh shit, let me go back home and get it!"

The soil in LB's yard looks good. Not a lot of sand -- very rich looking. I took some organic soil I have on hand to fill in the hole but I'm not sure I needed to. We used it anyway.

I poured 3 cups of Geoflora veg into the bottom of the hole and topped that with about 2 cups of earth worm castings, and in went the plant!

@StoneOtter was kind enough to send me 2 of his organic spike blends, one general purpose for veg and one specialized for flower. After we got her in the ground 2 spikes of each were used, surrounding the plants perimeter.

Thanks again, Mr.Otter! :thanks:

And that's it SOG. It's Day 1 in the ground for the CL. Thanks for asking!

It sits right next to his fish pond. Maybe the fishies will periodically splash some fish poop water on her! :)
Big Koi 5-16-24.jpg

----------------------------------------

On to your feedback:

Always show stoppers GDB 💚
Thanks Jiggi!

Not always, but getting a better and better average due to more batting practice! :Rasta:
Looks great very healthy. 🍋
Thanks so much Keith. Hope I get a big'un like you did last summer! :)
Those plants look amazing GDB, goals are good but ya can't beat a good flopping
Yeah, flops are cool, con. Means you've got some heavy buds in play!
They're both looking rock solid but I'll take a good plant-flop any day!
I agree Shed. But the ones that stand at attention are also pretty sweet!
Ladies are rocking brother 💪👌
Thanks GV. I hope they rock on! :theband:
What beautiful plants you have over there, just amazing :) It's nice to see that you are actively monitoring and caring for your girls, and your attention to detail is impressive! Keep up the good work!
Thanks so much for stopping by @Herbies Seeds! Like @StoneOtter, I too have a fav from you that I hit very often. I purchased some of your Black Cherry Punch seeds a while back and when done, they jumped to near the top of my list for both their effect and taste, especially their taste! :yummy:
If those BIG ass stems want hold them up , well LET THEM FLOP AWAY !! 🌳
I can't comment Smoke. I don't want to jinx myself! :)
Whatever you say, GDB.....:straightface:
But those plants certainly didn't grow themselves....
Well they sorta' do Carcass. But I know what you mean and thanks so much for saying it. 💚

-----------------------------

As always, thanks for looking in!

PEACE

Hello gang!

It's Day 46 for the Phase II girls and I continue to like what I'm seeing!

They responded well to the increased dosage of MaxiGro - by growing!
CL 5-16-24 D46 tent.jpg

The Godberry in the middle still refuses to budge vertically but that's okay. I like her anyway!:Rasta:
NL P2 5-16-24 D46 eyelevel.jpg

Here's an overhead shot:
NT P2 5-16-24 D46 above.jpg

This trio is not likely to get to their Day 60 before I flip them. But that's not a COP 'cause my revised plan was to flip them by Day 60. :)

---------------------------------

Well that's a well-timed question SOG!

I just got back from the remote site and my buddy LB and I finally got the Cosmic Lights in the ground!

I was impressed by how much she had grown since last Tuesday:
CL 6-16-24 D86 pre-trim.jpg

I trimmed her up a bit in prep her for burial:
CL 5-16-24 D86 post-trim.jpg

LB did actually have a good spot for her, right beside his pond. I had toured the yard and walked by this spot but hadn't considered it for the plant. There are a bunch of other plants around that I hope will attract more bugs that the CL. And there's plenty of sunshine! 🌞
CL 5-16-24 by the hole.jpg

She's in!
CL - 5-16-24 D86 in ground.jpg

And for now, she looks quite inconspicuous.
CL 5-16-24 D86 in ground2.jpg

The burial went smoothly. The stoner in me did manage to forget to bring the mycos along. I'm kinda' bummed about that. But when one is growing remotely (over 35 miles away) there's no, "Oh shit, let me go back home and get it!"

The soil in LB's yard looks good. Not a lot of sand -- very rich looking. I took some organic soil I have on hand to fill in the hole but I'm not sure I needed to. We used it anyway.

I poured 3 cups of Geoflora veg into the bottom of the hole and topped that with about 2 cups of earth worm castings, and in went the plant!

@StoneOtter was kind enough to send me 2 of his organic spike blends, one general purpose for veg and one specialized for flower. After we got her in the ground 2 spikes of each were used, surrounding the plants perimeter.

Thanks again, Mr.Otter! :thanks:

And that's it SOG. It's Day 1 in the ground for the CL. Thanks for asking!

It sits right next to his fish pond. Maybe the fishies will periodically splash some fish poop water on her! :)
Big Koi 5-16-24.jpg

----------------------------------------

On to your feedback:

Thanks Jiggi!

Not always, but getting a better and better average due to more batting practice! :Rasta:

Thanks so much Keith. Hope I get a big'un like you did last summer! :)

Yeah, flops are cool, con. Means you've got some heavy buds in play!

I agree Shed. But the ones that stand at attention are also pretty sweet!

Thanks GV. I hope they rock on! :theband:

Thanks so much for stopping by @Herbies Seeds! Like @StoneOtter, I too have a fav from you that I hit very often. I purchased some of your Black Cherry Punch seeds a while back and when done, they jumped to near the top of my list for both their effect and taste, especially their taste! :yummy:

I can't comment Smoke. I don't want to jinx myself! :)

Well they sorta' do Carcass. But I know what you mean and thanks so much for saying it. 💚

-----------------------------

As always, thanks for looking in!

PEACE
Sounds and looks good! A coy pond That's 😎, IM PRETTY SURE the roots will make it over there, I have a good story about planting by a small creek back in the day but NOT ENOUGH room in your thread for it 🤣
As for the myco don't be bummed im sure there's plenty of fungi around there it looks like a GREAT spot😎✌️

Hiya Shed! Can't think of a better place to add more of my useless chatter than here. I hope you and the family have been well! Yes, as you can see it doesn't take much to draw me in. Look who mentioned me!
Double acting zippers for the weirdos who like to close themselves up in their tents. Well, that's got to be a niche market.
Well, I have them installed on all my pants now too. The little guy does all the work now when he needs to go.
IKR? He's getting much easier to rile!
Me, or the orange fella? :)
You don't need to answer that. Love you all. :love:

Hello all.

An Early, Early Tester Group:

Lately in my grows I've been trying to achieve middle-growth in my plants while maintaining a relatively even canopy. I've achieved it before a few times, but only through dumb luck. However, I'd like to do it on purpose via proper planning and training.

That's what I'm trying to accomplish with the Lemon Bubble. It has worked -- sort of.

Problem is I left too many bud sites to grow in the middle. Some of them are developing but they have not stretched up far enough, so what has happened is I've created a crowded mess in the middle of the plant. Not good for air circulation and really not good for generating the kind of middle growth I'm seeking because some of the little fella's won't reach the canopy.

By yesterday, I had seen enough. Some of the flowers in the middle of the LB had to go. So I snipped off 3 of the flowers that were crowded in the middle of the plant and removed some fans from in there too. She now looks like she'll be able to breath a little easier.

What to do with the little budlets? At first I was gonna' toss them, but after looking at how frosty they were I thought, what the hell, I'll smoke 'em.

So I'm drying this little group for testers. Plucked at Flip 46, these will be the earliest test buds I've ever tried. I'll let you know what I experience as soon as they're dry enough to consume!
LB 5-16-24 F46 early tester.jpg

LB 5-16-24 F46 early tester single.JPG

LB 5-16-24 F46 e tester.jpg

---------------------------

Sounds and looks good! A coy pond That's 😎, IM PRETTY SURE the roots will make it over there, I have a good story about planting by a small creek back in the day but NOT ENOUGH room in your thread for it 🤣
Don't be koi, SOG. I'd love to hear your story! :Rasta:(I made myself laugh with that one!)
I love what you are doing with those plants nicely done. :lot-o-toke: 🍋
Thanks Keith!
Watch out for that Godberry just in case it takes a page from Carcass' playbook! And it's nice that MaxiGrow is living up to its name. :)
I think it would need to be in a SIP for that kind of spurt, Shed! Godberry's spurt, if she has one, will be more along the lines of an "urt." :)
That's crazy growth, so I'm sure it is going to really blow up buried in that sunny spot!
That would be fun to see. She's locked and loaded. Will she pull the trigger? :Rasta:
What is a Godberry. :lot-o-toke: 🍋
That's the strain name of the small Phase II plant in the middle, Keith! It's a cross between the strains Blueberry and God.
Cosmic Lights look right at home in her new digs GDB! Best of luck!
Thanks Stone. I'm having huge second thoughts -- a day late. I planted the root ball intact in a big clump of coco. Now I'm wondering if I should have knocked some/most of the coco off of the roots before burying her. Whatcha' think?
Such a pretty setting for the Cosmic Lights GDB. That garden looks like a park.
Thanks Ms. Carmen.

LB puts a lot of love into his gardening. He may be the perfect caretaker for the CL! The last thing he said to me before I left his place yesterday, "I'll make sure no powdery mildew or fucking bugs get on it." :)
Way to go getting her in the ground at a good location ,looking for a weed tree
Me too, Smoke! :Rasta:

---------------------------

Thanks for your interest.

PEACE

Yes, as you can see it doesn't take much to draw me in. Look who mentioned me!
And this is why -- against my better judgement -- I miss you so! 😁
Well, I have them installed on all my pants now too. The little guy does all the work now when he needs to go.
Wow. A refreshing bit of honesty! 😁

The Godberry in the middle still refuses to budge vertically but that's okay. I like her anyway!
Ha! She looks familiar...watch out around day 53...🕰️
Now I wondering if I should have knocked some/most of the coco off of the roots before burying her. Whatcha' think?
No worries, she'll figure it out!
She's well hidden in plain sight at your buddies place- I was looking at the wrong bush for a minute...
;)

GDB, was wondering if your serageret plant watcher will be treating for powdery mildew and bud rot for your plants outside?
Its best to start drenching and foilar spray Early Im starting now PM pressure has been HIGH for the last few year's here and the humidity is already up!
I use Cease from Bio works its a good preventative ✌️. Coy ,coy pond,oh I get it now 🤣🤣🤣😉

Back
Top Bottom