GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started reading on page 2 looking for an answer to my questions. The further I got the more confused I became. I blame it on @InTheShed , the fact that I'm old and change is hard for me, and trying to figure out exactly how to use this new to me Geo Flora properly as it appears the directions that came with it will be updated?

This is what I am doing and I was wondering please if someone from Geo Flora could point me in the right direction.

I need 20 gallons of medium in about 3 weeks. I plan to use Geo Flora Veg, Dynomyco, and Earth Alive Soil Activator.

I make my own homemade soilless medium (think Pro mix BX) and want to know what I need to do and how to do it to get my medium ready for use in 3 weeks. I plan on mixing the medium up this weekend and it will contain the following simple recipe.

13 gallons of Canadian sphagnum pest moss
7 gallons of medium perlite
6 Cups Organic garden lime
How much Dynomyco???
How much Earth Alive Soil Activator???
How much Geo Flora Veg???

Do I water this like I normally would when mixing up the medium? I get it very moist but not sopping/soaking wet. The tote will be outside with the lid on for 2-3 weeks and hopefully it will warm up.

This is my first foray using Geo Flora. I hope you can get me started in the right direction.

I plan on using geoflora for my next grow. Any advice on using w/ pre-charged soil like happy frog and light feeding sativas? common sense says to top dress at about 25%-50% every 2-3 weeks.
@CannaFish I got an answer for you!

Since every pre-charged soil is a little bit different, we say that that starting with 25-50% is a good baseline for a light-feeding plant.

You can also consider using the pre-charged soil by itself for the duration recommended by the manufacturer, then supplement Geoflora at the normal rate 1-2 weeks before that charge is anticipated to run out. This should allow some time for your Geoflora to break down and become readily available while the inputs in the pre-charged soil are being used and prevent any downtime.

It will probably take some fine-tuning to dial in with your particular pre-charged soil exactly how you like, but rest assured that Geoflora won't result in burning if you add a little too much! Keep us posted and we're happy to offer what help we can!

I started reading on page 2 looking for an answer to my questions. The further I got the more confused I became. I blame it on @InTheShed , the fact that I'm old and change is hard for me, and trying to figure out exactly how to use this new to me Geo Flora properly as it appears the directions that came with it will be updated?

This is what I am doing and I was wondering please if someone from Geo Flora could point me in the right direction.

I need 20 gallons of medium in about 3 weeks. I plan to use Geo Flora Veg, Dynomyco, and Earth Alive Soil Activator.

I make my own homemade soilless medium (think Pro mix BX) and want to know what I need to do and how to do it to get my medium ready for use in 3 weeks. I plan on mixing the medium up this weekend and it will contain the following simple recipe.

How much Dynomyco???

Do I water this like I normally would when mixing up the medium? I get it very moist but not sopping/soaking wet. The tote will be outside with the lid on for 2-3 weeks and hopefully it will warm up.

This is my first foray using Geo Flora. I hope you can get me started in the right direction.
@beez0404 I'm going to check with the science team on this for you, we'll get back to you ASAP

I'm going to check with the science team on this for you, we'll get back to you ASAP

Much appreciated. Beyond sponsoring a lot of growers with your nutrient line you guys have stepped things up and really worked with everyone to be able to use your product line in a way that best suits their individual methods of growing. I did also want to mention I didn't get a hat! :rolleyes:

@CannaFish I got an answer for you!

Since every pre-charged soil is a little bit different, we say that that starting with 25-50% is a good baseline for a light-feeding plant.

You can also consider using the pre-charged soil by itself for the duration recommended by the manufacturer, then supplement Geoflora at the normal rate 1-2 weeks before that charge is anticipated to run out. This should allow some time for your Geoflora to break down and become readily available while the inputs in the pre-charged soil are being used and prevent any downtime.

It will probably take some fine-tuning to dial in with your particular pre-charged soil exactly how you like, but rest assured that Geoflora won't result in burning if you add a little too much! Keep us posted and we're happy to offer what help we can!
Thanks for the answer.

How much Dynomyco???

Much appreciated. Beyond sponsoring a lot of growers with your nutrient line you guys have stepped things up and really worked with everyone to be able to use your product line in a way that best suits their individual methods of growing. I did also want to mention I didn't get a hat! :rolleyes:

@beez0404 We got your answer!

You'll want to add 2 cups of Geoflora into that mix prior to letting it sit at least 24-48 hrs. 2 weeks after transplant, you would then apply a top dress of Geoflora VEG. Continue amending with Geoflora VEG every two weeks until flowering, then switch to BLOOM. If you are doing a single 20-gallon container, the application rate after the initial amendment will always be 2 cups as a top dress. Just topwater as you normally would after your top dress and you are good to go.

I believe the rate for Earth Alive is 3.5oz per 20 Gallons of grow media.

I think @DYNOMYCO is on here and can chime in about their application rate!

As for the hat, we don't have any available right now but I'll let you know if that changes!

@GeoFlora Nutrients

Thanks for getting back to me. I will be mixing 20 gallons in a tote to get it ready to be used to transplant some plants into 5 gallon fabric pots. So do I then divide the 2 cups by 4 and top dress with 1/2 cup per 5 gallon pot every two weeks?

And I was kidding about the hat. But if you do get some in @InTheShed is as bald as a cue ball and could use one to protect his pate.

2) We typically consider Week 0 to be the transplant day or the start of the post-germination cycle. Once the seedling or clone is transplanted into its home for the vegetative phase (or life), that is what we are using as week 0. If you're very early and seeds are just popping, it's best to wait a week or two before your first top dress.
This answer helps me with a few questions I've been having. I need some general help with a dilemma I'm having. I've overwatered my seedlings that are now on day 2 of veg. I haven't transplanted them yet so I'm letting them dry out a little and fill up their starter containers for at least another week. What's the best approach in a situation like this where they are due for their first Week 0 top dress but I can't water it in?

On a side note, I will be giving them a top dress tonight and watering it in slightly on the outer edges. I was just hoping we could get an answer from you as I would assume this will be a common issue with growers like me. It will be good to have a reference to this scenario for others in the future. Thanks

3) We have a combination of rapidly available nutrient sources and slow-release nutrient sources, so typically it takes around 48-72 hours to start to break down, and the process continues over a 2 week period.
I am curios if I were to charge my soil a couple weeks before I plan on using it if the nutrients being broken down end up being wasted in some way. Or does it stay bioavailable until the plant needs it? Does the soil and the microbes have something like a reservoir for the plant to ingest what it wants, when it wants, and at the quantity it wants?

I think we all know that overwatering causes many issues in plants, and as with any plant, the occasional dry cycle is beneficial and natural as other members have noted. Our product doesn't alter this concept.

Just use moderation when doing dry cycles, and treat the plant as you would normally.
Thank you for this answer as well!

Another question @GeoFlora Nutrients team. If I wanted to empty out my bag into smaller containers to keep in different spots for convenience, is it ok to store them in clear containers? Or does it require no light to keep? I am assuming it needs to be air tight for proper storage too?

I know it may seem like a silly question but I just want to ensure a full understanding of the proper way to store it. The package only says, "Optimum Storage Conditions: Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight."

If I had it in a cleat glass or plastic jar in the garage with very low ambient light, almost dark, would that be ok?

Thanks for getting back to me. I will be mixing 20 gallons in a tote to get it ready to be used to transplant some plants into 5 gallon fabric pots. So do I then divide the 2 cups by 4 and top dress with 1/2 cup per 5 gallon pot every two weeks?
@beez0404 Yes, that's correct.
This answer helps me with a few questions I've been having. I need some general help with a dilemma I'm having. I've overwatered my seedlings that are now on day 2 of veg. I haven't transplanted them yet so I'm letting them dry out a little and fill up their starter containers for at least another week. What's the best approach in a situation like this where they are due for their first Week 0 top dress but I can't water it in?

On a side note, I will be giving them a top dress tonight and watering it in slightly on the outer edges. I was just hoping we could get an answer from you as I would assume this will be a common issue with growers like me. It will be good to have a reference to this scenario for others in the future. Thanks

I am curios if I were to charge my soil a couple weeks before I plan on using it if the nutrients being broken down end up being wasted in some way. Or does it stay bioavailable until the plant needs it? Does the soil and the microbes have something like a reservoir for the plant to ingest what it wants, when it wants, and at the quantity it wants?
@BakedARea I think in this situation a scratch in (incorporate into the soil roughly 1/8" or so with your hand) would be appropriate as long as you're taking care not to disturb the fragile root system, but the solution you mentioned would also suffice - the main thing is to make sure it's wet and in contact with the soil in some way.

Charging the soil ahead of time allows bacteria to convert organic nutrients into available forms, and until they're used, they will be waiting in the soil for a plant to use them up. This also helps prevent burning!
If I wanted to empty out my bag into smaller containers to keep in different spots for convenience, is it ok to store them in clear containers? Or does it require no light to keep? I am assuming it needs to be air tight for proper storage too?

I know it may seem like a silly question but I just want to ensure a full understanding of the proper way to store it. The package only says, "Optimum Storage Conditions: Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight."

If I had it in a cleat glass or plastic jar in the garage with very low ambient light, almost dark, would that be ok?
@BakedARea Yes, that would be fine - mostly you just don't want to leave it directly in the sun or somewhere it can get wet. We also recommend using a twist-top container to prevent any unwanted guests.
Any plans on having a retail partner in the UK. thanks
@skunksa At the moment, we don't have a distributor partner in the UK. Once we're able to get a distributor lined up we'll let everyone know!

At this point, you may be able to find an e-commerce site that carries our product that ships to the UK.

Indeed thanks for getting back to me.Guess i will wait shipping from the USA to the UK would be a nightmare.IF your
in the market for a uk seller would only be an ebay shop let me know.Pretty sure there would be hell of alot
of uk punters willling to try IF they could get is quick enough.;):cool:

Planning my next grow with Geoflora. I did a test. I had a pea plant in my yard that had yellow leaves, was looking pretty rough, and I was sure was ready to die. It's in a 3 gallon fabric pot, so I added 1/3 cup of Geoflora bloom since it was around the time it should have been flowering. That was on May 17th. Today that Pea plant is 14 inches taller, all of the leaves are dark green, the stem is thick and healthy and I have 10 Pea pods growing. Not that I didn't trust you guys, I just wanted to test it out before using it on my ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom