GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Geoflora,

Thank you for being a sponsor here!!! I do have a question for you, I recently went to purchase your organic dry mix and was told it would not ship to my state here in the US of A..... what’s up with that? Is there another vendor that will ship, can I order direct from your site.... help me out please!
Due to state regulations on registering fertilizers, there are some states that we haven’t registered in yet as a newer smaller company and this may be the reason. With that said some online distributors (e-commerce sites) are able to sell and ship the product as they please regardless of destination due to state regulation exceptions (loopholes). Check out our website for a list of online retailers or feel free to dm us with additional purchasing questions.

Hi Everyone,

This is Dustin with Geoflora I just want to thank all of you for being patient with us over the last few days and giving us the opportunity to get things back on track. I really appreciate all the feedback that was provided in your posts. We are going to take all the suggestions and update the content that we have on 420 Mag. We will be updating the original post, #1 (delete and replace) to include the revised feed chart and usage information that was discussed over the last few days and should have this all take care of by early next week at the latest.

Again, everyone thank you so much for all of your valued input and support.

Happy growing!

Sorry to hear that - we have not had cultivators experience deficiencies in early veg when using VEG - could you send us a DM or reply with some more info on your current grow setup so we can look into this and see what might be causing the problem?

We usually get a very strong start to veg with deep green leaves - and abundant leaves - we frequently have cultivators saying the one thing they hate about our VEG is the constant haircutting of fan leaves because there are so many. Let’s work together and see if we can figure out what’s going on.
Thank you @GeoFlora Nutrients
Sometimes, when I toke 'n type, I don't include all the info that I should... sorry 'bout that. In my grow journal, I've listed what I think may be the cause of the very slow growth that I'm experiencing. Basically, it's an unintended flip when I brought them all outside. I didn't see the omission of this info until today.

Unfortunately, because I have made so many changes this grow season, I can't be sure what exactly is causing any single issue that arises. I am choosing to work with my local Hydro Shop on this particular issue simply because of the immediacy of the response, his many decades of dedication to cannabis and the report that has developed between us. This has NOthiing to do with you or anyone here, it's only that this particular Hydro Shop has become my safety net.

I love growing weed... :smokin:

Thank you @GeoFlora Nutrients
Sometimes, when I toke 'n type, I don't include all the info that I should... sorry 'bout that. In my grow journal, I've listed what I think may be the cause of the very slow growth that I'm experiencing. Basically, it's an unintended flip when I brought them all outside. I didn't see the omission of this info until today.

Unfortunately, because I have made so many changes this grow season, I can't be sure what exactly is causing any single issue that arises. I am choosing to work with my local Hydro Shop on this particular issue simply because of the immediacy of the response, his many decades of dedication to cannabis and the report that has developed between us. This has NOthiing to do with you or anyone here, it's only that this particular Hydro Shop has become my safety net.

I love growing weed... :smokin:
Glad you're getting the help you need. Please reach out if there is anything we can help you with!

I have a question that occurred to me when I was watering in the top-dress today: Does the chloramine in my tap water change/ruin the effectiveness of the microbes in the GeoFlora? I know that most LOS growers would never use tap water with chlorine or chloramine in it.
Thanks for the question! I’m going to follow up on this with my science team to get you an accurate answer. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

I have a question that occurred to me when I was watering in the top-dress today: Does the chloramine in my tap water change/ruin the effectiveness of the microbes in the GeoFlora? I know that most LOS growers would never use tap water with chlorine or chloramine in it.
I asked this question early on this summer when I was forced to change plans, and move from when I thought was going to be able to use my well in the backyard to water with, and instead needed to move to tap water. I asked if I needed to remove the chlorine products from my water.

The answer that I got at the time was that with every watering more microbes were released from the Geoflora, way more than would be killed off by the chlorine, and that it was safe to use unfiltered tap water.

I have been using tap water ever since... with two slight modifications. I first pump 55gal of water into my holding tank upstairs in the grow rooms. While I am pumping that in, I add one mosquito dunk for gnat control and one crushed up vitamin C tablet, not even sure if it takes care of the chlorine/chloramine. So far, I have had great success with this method.

Got an answer for you!

In short, tap water does not significantly affect Geoflora's microbes – bacillus species are pretty tolerant of high-stress environments. Watering your garden with a hose is not going to kill soil bacteria at a rate greater than they can reproduce or be replenished – with a high inundation rate at 2ppm Cl in water, you’re looking at less than an 8% decrease when tested within 12 hours of application to a very small soil sample that is heavily watered. What you see in tap water is typically between 1 and 2 ppm, and the upper limit for drinkable tap is 4 ppm by EPA standards – for context, in a high contact time disinfecting solution, you are looking at upwards of 11 and 13 mg/L of free chlorine and monochloramine, respectively.

One way to get around this that is well known is to let your water sit out for a few days in an active reservoir or bucket where it can be exposed to oxygen (bubbler or otherwise) – this will allow most of the chlorine to evaporate. By this logic, once the water comes into contact with the soil, the chlorine should also begin to naturally evaporate - bacillus can survive in these adverse conditions for quite some time thanks to their endospore “shield” and will begin colonizing and activating within the soil once the levels in the soil have stabilized as recognized by the bacteria, where they will begin reproducing. This is part of why they do so well in soil and agricultural environments – the endospore protects the critical areas of the cell during stress conditions and is generally resistant to solutions as high as 10% bleach, or 10ml/L in some species. In high disinfectant level conditions (sometimes double-digit factors higher than drinking or tap water) you’d have bigger problems than bacteria dying off, like chlorine toxicity.

For high chloramine or chlorine levels, you should probably consider getting an RO or filtration system in place that removes these compounds, but it is not needed for the majority of growers on a small scale or at home using their tap water when growing with Geoflora.

For high chloramine or chlorine levels, you should probably consider getting an RO or filtration system in place that removes these compounds, but it is not needed for the majority of growers on a small scale or at home using their tap water when growing with Geoflora.
Thanks for the update! Since my Los Angeles DWP tap water comes in between 0.4 and 0.5mg/L it looks like I should be well within range to use the water straight from the hose. Good news!

Hey, 420mag fam!

Firstly apologies to @GeoFlora Nutrients for jumping in on their thread please excuse me. I just felt it important to address the comments and questions raised previously in this thread regarding our mycorrhizal inoculant. I will try to be as concise as possible.

In response to @UrbanGardner comment
One of the questions I have is on mycorrhizal colonization and @GeoFlora Nutrients . There are obvious benefits of mycorrhiza in an organic grow.

Are there any adjustments to the quantity of nutrients that should be applied with a healthy mycorrhizal colonization?

What is the optimum level of moisture that should be applied? I know you can't say x amount. But what I am looking for is should I keep the soil moist?

I have personally experienced issues with plants cannibalizing itself under drought like conditions. By that I mean me going out of town for too long (5-6 days) and not watering. I have seen this happen to varying degrees if I let my plants get too dry.

My gut tells me if there is not enough moisture in the soil the plants don't feed. The myco is supposed to assist with nutrient absorption and drought tolerance. There must be a balance here. Please help us find it.

BTW: I grow in Pro-Mix HP Mycorrhizae with added vermiculite plus @DYNOMYCO.
I cannot answer regarding adjustment to nutrient quantities or moisture levels. What I can tell you is that DYNOMYCO will work brilliantly with @GeoFlora Nutrients. In regards to your soil getting too dry as @Emilya quite accurately described by letting your soil dry out for a day or two actually promotes root growth.

We have seen that mycorrhizal colonization of cannabis root systems actually increases when the plant is stressed a bit (i.e drying out). This means that when your plant is facing stressors hormones are sent to the roots to signal them to start spreading and growing (to locate more water or nutrients). This is when the mycorrhizae you have added start working their magic at a higher rate in a symbiotic way with your plant's roots.

However, it is important to mention that this does not mean you need to stress your plants out to enjoy the benefits but just means it wouldn't harm our microbes in the soil rather if anything it would excite them.

@Emilya thanks for your response:
I will answer your questions from my perspective UG, but I am not trying to answer for our @GeoFlora Nutrients representative, I just know they have been extremely busy with their location move and I want you to get some kind of answer right away, before our rep can get time to get to this.

P only enters the plant via the root tips and because of that, it is the hardest element of them all to absorb by the plant. Myco sets up a symbiotic relationship with the roots and greatly aids in P uptake, no matter the feeding system, whether it be organic or synthetic. When I didn't use @DYNOMYCO in my @GeoFlora Nutrients grows, I got P deficiencies in mid bloom. When I started to use @DYNOMYCO regularly, that problem went away. I did not adjust the Geoflora dosage at all.

While in veg, I run a strong wet/dry cycle... regularly drying my plants out to the point of wilting so as to entice extra root growth. Contrary to popular myth, this does not kill the microbes. When I water my plants they bounce right back and show zero feeding deficiencies. During bloom, I push more water at them, basically watering a full day before they really need it, keeping my soil partly moist.... except, one watering out of every 4, I let them dry out all the way to the bottom again, just to flush the roots with a good hit of oxygen. Again, as soon as I water, everything springs back with a growth spurt, as if nothing odd had happened at all. This watering thing is really a matter of personal preference. I know what works for me... maybe keeping your plants moist will work best for you. Last I checked, there were no rules that had been agreed upon in this matter.
You are completely correct and the reason your P deficiency has gone away is your proof that the DYNOMYCO has successfully colonized your plants' roots and therefore your root network spreads further and can reach and fix P that otherwise would be unavailable, both physically and chemically, to your plants.

Hope this helps somewhat

Happy Growing to all :peace:

I have begun my sponsored grow and invite you here to follow along.

Also, a little birdie told me the Geoflora people are sending some Dynomyco as well. Please PM me.

I have begun my sponsored grow and invite you here to follow along.

Also, a little birdie told me the Geoflora people are sending some Dynomyco as well. Please PM me.
Your best bet is to reply to the GeoFlora DM you already have and request it from the rep who contacted you.

Thanks for the orientating....I thought this was that DM....I smoke you know. :straightface:

Is this available in the uk ? can you ship to uk as i have an address i can use then i can have it sent to me , I really want to give these dry amendments a go using another method . :thumb:
I have tried my local hydro shops with no luck there is nothing in the search bar coming up .

Is this available in the uk ? can you ship to uk as i have an address i can use then i can have it sent to me , I really want to give these dry amendments a go using another method . :thumb:
I have tried my local hydro shops with no luck there is nothing in the search bar coming up .
Hey there! I responded to your DM, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

Hey there! I responded to your DM, but please let me know if you have any other questions!
It would be great if you can share the details for our other members in the UK who might be wondering the same thing :thanks:

It would be great if you can share the details for our other members in the UK who might be wondering the same thing :thanks:

@420 You're so right!

To make a long story short, no, Geoflora isn't available in the UK at this time. It's tough to ship to the UK without a VAT number. Since we aren't registered in the UK and don't distribute there, customs can get tricky and we can't guarantee that our products will make it to their destination.

You can always try looking for us at online shops, but we aren't sure which ones ship out to the UK.

Just a quick message to let you all know the first post in this thread has been updated with the new charts :high-five:

Thank you @GeoFlora Nutrients for coming back, responding to clarify confusion, and making changes to your charts for us. It really shows how much you value this community and I hope this has also expressed how much we value our sponsors. Thank you!

Quick question(s) about the feeding chart. Please disregard my ignorance and what may seem like a dumb question.

If I am germinating seeds in soil, should I be adding the first top dress 24-48 hrs before I sow the seed? What is typically considered the start of week 0? When the seed breaches the soil surface?

I will be receiving your sponsor package soon (thanks again!) and my seedlings are barely on day 2 above the surface. Should I apply a top dress right away or wait until the week 2 mark? My seedling soil is precharged with a small amount of nutes but not much. I also scratched in some @DYNOMYCO when I transplanted the germinated seeds. How long does it take for the GeoFlora nutes to start breaking down and be useful to the microbes?

Also, my apologies for my earlier responses which caused more confusion to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom