GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello does this product work better with keeping moist soil , or is it better letting your soil completely dry out between watering ?
Nutty, even if our friend answers with the company policy, that it is best to keep the soil moist when using @GeoFlora Nutrients, that still does not convince me that my ideas of a wet/dry cycle in veg are invalid. You may try to use the following answer to one up me, in your own mind, but I know for a fact that my wet/dry cycle works quite well to develop strong and healthy plants and so does anyone who has tried it. Your nonsense arguments about killing microbes by letting the containers go dry are ridiculed by the mere fact that Geoflora comes to you dry... Realgrower's Recharge, comes to you dry... just add water and instant microbes. Also your argument that a bit of dryness between waterings kills off the micro hairs on the roots is demonstrably false... I can see that the opposite is true in the water usage rates. When plants in veg go seeking the very last bit of water in the container, they grow new roots... starting with those micro hairs you are so keyed in on.

I have to agree with Sister @Emilya on the wet/dry cycles during veg. You don't want them to dry out as much in flower, but in veg, you can take them to the point of the leaves starting to droop before needing to water again.

Here's a bud just harvested this past weekend grown with @GeoFlora Nutrients ONLY (with their Terpinator):

full

but I know for a fact that my wet/dry cycle works quite well to develop strong and healthy plants and so does anyone who has tried it.
I agree! I cannot confirm this in regard to using GeoFlora and cannabis but I can confirm that plants thrive with a wet/dry cycle. Also, everyone should consider that naturally speaking these plants may not get regular rain. They have to rely on a mulch layer to protect the moisture in the soil. In order to grow, they have to seek water. Residual moisture in the soil in nature is widely variable depending on the hemisphere it is growing in. Could some areas have a consistent soil moisture? Yes, I believe that is the case. I think that more often than not, they are dealing with natural drought cycles.
When plants in veg go seeking the very last bit of water in the container, they grow new roots... starting with those micro hairs you are so keyed in on.
An easy test here folks is to go buy a cheap pothos plant. Let it sit in damp soil and see how long it takes for it to look unhappy and eventually start showing signs of stress (root rot). Most of the arterial roots will survive but the feeder roots will die off first and start showing signs in the leaves. Allow the plant to have nearly dry soil and they explode with growth! I think people forget how much actual moisture can be found within the voids of a medium. Especially an organic soil with multiple ingredients. I would like to challenge the GeoFlora team to run experiments with wet/dry cycles and show us the results. I would bet big on bigger plants that get a consistent wet/dry cycle.

Here's a bud just harvested this past weekend grown with @GeoFlora Nutrients ONLY (with their Terpinator)
What a gorgeous bud Krip! Wow! I hope I can grow something like this this year! Their terpinator is the same one product that we are all aware of? Or do they have their own terp product you are referring to?

What a gorgeous bud Krip! Wow! I hope I can grow something like this this year! Their terpinator is the same one product that we are all aware of? Or do they have their own terp product you are referring to?
Both! It should be the one you're aware of and it's their own! :D

full

Thank you @GeoFlora Nutrients for coming back, responding to clarify confusion, and making changes to your charts for us. It really shows how much you value this community and I hope this has also expressed how much we value our sponsors. Thank you!

Quick question(s) about the feeding chart. Please disregard my ignorance and what may seem like a dumb question.

If I am germinating seeds in soil, should I be adding the first top dress 24-48 hrs before I sow the seed? What is typically considered the start of week 0? When the seed breaches the soil surface?

I will be receiving your sponsor package soon (thanks again!) and my seedlings are barely on day 2 above the surface. Should I apply a top dress right away or wait until the week 2 mark? My seedling soil is precharged with a small amount of nutes but not much. I also scratched in some @DYNOMYCO when I transplanted the germinated seeds. How long does it take for the GeoFlora nutes to start breaking down and be useful to the microbes?

Also, my apologies for my earlier responses which caused more confusion to this thread.

Hello does this product work better with keeping moist soil , or is it better letting your soil completely dry out between watering ?

Nutty, even if our friend answers with the company policy, that it is best to keep the soil moist when using @GeoFlora Nutrients, that still does not convince me that my ideas of a wet/dry cycle in veg are invalid. You may try to use the following answer to one up me, in your own mind, but I know for a fact that my wet/dry cycle works quite well to develop strong and healthy plants and so does anyone who has tried it. Your nonsense arguments about killing microbes by letting the containers go dry are ridiculed by the mere fact that Geoflora comes to you dry... Realgrower's Recharge, comes to you dry... just add water and instant microbes. Also your argument that a bit of dryness between waterings kills off the micro hairs on the roots is demonstrably false... I can see that the opposite is true in the water usage rates. When plants in veg go seeking the very last bit of water in the container, they grow new roots... starting with those micro hairs you are so keyed in on.

Hey guys! I'm working on getting you all accurate answers, should have them to you from our science team in a day or so.

Watering is so important that we're having this discussion today in year 2021. I see both teams having great success in their own corners! I suggest maybe there's a misunderstanding of how dry is dry, and when to give a little top water? And maybe visa versa though I haven't a grasp of the more constant watering technique. I've watered both too much, and too little in los soil. I'm searching for the middle ground myself and finding that, a way to go. Now that definition itself is non definitive as I find the whole watering concepts we're talking about difficult. When we grow the finest bud we've ever grown, use those notes and share them. We all have an understanding of what that is to us and I'm finding super grows with all sorts of watering timing and amounts that I don't use. But I'm taking you'alls notes and pondering.(not limited to the folks posting here)
I can't tell you how much I appreciate these discussions!:) They increase my understanding a little more all the time!

I'm getting some of this Thursday to try and purpinater does it make a big difference?
I haven't done a with/without comparison but have had consistent good results with.

The Purpinator is essentially the same as the Terpinator but intended for the blue/purple strains to help them turn. So, you apply one or the other and not both.

I've always considered the purple strains to be more for bag appeal, personally, and I did use the Purpinator on a few purple strains but only one of them turned. That being said, most of those purple strains really require some cooler nights to see the color change and I'm in the sub-tropics growing indoors so I just don't have that kind of weather here. In the past, I've packed ice packs around the base of the plant at night to get strains to turn.

There are some Day #52 pics of my Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane just starting to turn (used Purpinator only - no ice packs) in this post, but the buds are so frosty, it's tough to see! :D : 420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Extravaganza Featuring NextLight Mega, GeoFlora Nutes & More!

These are closer to harvest and better show the color change:

full

full

full

I haven't done a with/without comparison but have had consistent good results with.

The Purpinator is essentially the same as the Terpinator but intended for the blue/purple strains to help them turn. So, you apply one or the other and not both.

I've always considered the purple strains to be more for bag appeal, personally, and I did use the Purpinator on a few purple strains but only one of them turned. That being said, most of those purple strains really require some cooler nights to see the color change and I'm in the sub-tropics growing indoors so I just don't have that kind of weather here. In the past, I've packed ice packs around the base of the plant at night to get strains to turn.

There are some Day #52 pics of my Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane just starting to turn (used Purpinator only - no ice packs) in this post, but the buds are so frosty, it's tough to see! :D : 420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Extravaganza Featuring NextLight Mega, GeoFlora Nutes & More!

These are closer to harvest and better show the color change:

full

full

full
Thanks for the advice I think I have got one plant that the buds like there starting to go purple and I have taking the heater out as had some really hot days so made my tent hot enuff but dropped a fair bit last couple weeks but my plan was to compare with a 1 with both 1 with just terpinater and 1 just purpinater all same strain to se the out come IL be using from 4 week of flower that's down fall not from start because going hydro shop Thursday as bin reading about it thank for reply and stunning plants bud

Clones is the only way to A/B test a product's effect. It's easy to have two different seeds of a purple variety and have one be more colorful than the other with the same inputs.
Oh crap I didn't no that I will have to do with the gsc as I'm trying clones for first time it's my first year I've really really bin into growing I fort it was easy seeing it but doing it and achieving what I want really it is hard to get to no things and how it works and what works it's crazy but I love it thanks for the advice about doing it with clones :)

Ooooo...look at what came in today!!! That is a kick ass sticker BTW!
20210427_145817.jpg

Thanks again @GeoFlora Nutrients for sponsoring the GSC Comparitive Grow and sending me this goodie box!

My seedlings are on day 3. How should I proceed? Top dress the appropriate amount now or wait until transplant? Or pre-charge the medium they will be transplanted into?

Thank you @GeoFlora Nutrients for coming back, responding to clarify confusion, and making changes to your charts for us. It really shows how much you value this community and I hope this has also expressed how much we value our sponsors. Thank you!

Quick question(s) about the feeding chart. Please disregard my ignorance and what may seem like a dumb question.

If I am germinating seeds in soil, should I be adding the first top dress 24-48 hrs before I sow the seed? What is typically considered the start of week 0? When the seed breaches the soil surface?

I will be receiving your sponsor package soon (thanks again!) and my seedlings are barely on day 2 above the surface. Should I apply a top dress right away or wait until the week 2 mark? My seedling soil is precharged with a small amount of nutes but not much. I also scratched in some @DYNOMYCO when I transplanted the germinated seeds. How long does it take for the GeoFlora nutes to start breaking down and be useful to the microbes?

Also, my apologies for my earlier responses which caused more confusion to this thread.

My seedlings are on day 3. How should I proceed? Top dress the appropriate amount now or wait until transplant? Or pre-charge the medium they will be transplanted into?

@BakedARea I got an answer for you!

1) We recommend amending your first feeding into the soil medium if possible, but top-dressing will work also if it isn't possible.

2) We typically consider Week 0 to be the transplant day or the start of the post-germination cycle. Once the seedling or clone is transplanted into its home for the vegetative phase (or life), that is what we are using as week 0. If you're very early and seeds are just popping, it's best to wait a week or two before your first top dress.

3) We have a combination of rapidly available nutrient sources and slow-release nutrient sources, so typically it takes around 48-72 hours to start to break down, and the process continues over a 2 week period.

Hi all,

To keep this simple, when we say keep the soil moist, our intention is to communicate to you that it is best to maintain a small amount of moisture in the soil, but not to the point of constantly inundating the medium. I think we all know that overwatering causes many issues in plants, and as with any plant, the occasional dry cycle is beneficial and natural as other members have noted. Our product doesn't alter this concept.

Just use moderation when doing dry cycles, and treat the plant as you would normally.

questions for those who have some experience using geoflora products -

have you ran into any problems during veg or bloom cycle? if so what was your solutions to fix them?
any advice or tips to nip any problems before they occur?

will you use geoflora in the future?

questions for those who have some experience using geoflora products -

have you ran into any problems during veg or bloom cycle? if so what was your solutions to fix them?
any advice or tips to nip any problems before they occur?

will you use geoflora in the future?
I have been using it exclusively in my gardens since last August. I haven't had any problems with my grows that were not of my own doing and I can attribute nothing but good success to my use of Geoflora. I have no plans to ever use anything other than geoflora from now on.

I have been using it exclusively in my gardens since last August. I haven't had any problems with my grows that were not of my own doing and I can attribute nothing but good success to my use of Geoflora. I have no plans to ever use anything other than geoflora from now on.
Oh wow this is exactly the endorsement I was looking for. I've decided to go organic for my next grow and couldn't decide on which nutrients. Thank you Emilya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom