GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for starting this thread.

I would like to see conversions for 1/2 , 1,2,3,4,5,7,10 and 20 gallon pots. They are the most commonly use sizes here. If we could have a post to easily reference this it would help a lot.

My issues lie in transition after transplant. If I mix the GeoFlora into the soil and then transplant I get yellow leaves for a week.
Are we supposed to be prepping our pots by watering them for a week or so prior? Allow the herd to develop prior to transplant? I see no reference to this anywhere. It simply says to amend the soil with it prior to use.

I was previously running GF in Pro Mix all-purpose. It did ok. I think it does better with a heavier medium.
I added earth worm castings and a few inoculants for this grow. It seems to have helped. My plants did rebound faster but they still has some discoloration. I'm also adding 4-0-0 Sensi cal-mag xtra to water the GF in trying to prevent the yellowing I'm experiencing. When I transplanted I also top fed a little GF directly over the rootball.

Another point I was wondering about is frequency of watering. I assume since it's supposed to be something like a supersoil that I would treat it as such.
Am I supposed to keep the medium
(soil in this instance) consistently moist or am I supposed to go days between waterings and let it dry out?

If I was running coco I would be watering daily.
Seems to me that with daily waterings the GF would need to be applied more often?
I also assume that I'm aiming for as little runoff as possible otherwise I'm just wasting nutes?

As salt based growers try your nutes they are going to run into some of the same issues. The people running organics prior probably won't have as many problems and the issues I'm having may seem like an easy fix to them. I've just recently started using organics so there is a learning curve..at least for me.
You should mix the GF into the soil of the pot you are transplanting into then water after transplant; that becomes the first feeding in the new pot. The plant is already established so it won't be overwhelmed.

Thank you @GeoFlora Nutrients for answering my personal E-mail that I sent to you directly. You have cleared up so many things for me. I really like the idea of not having to mix so many things into a soil mix. Since my back injury from an auto accident a couple of years ago, I don't really want to mix all this soil by hand anymore. I'm an outdoor grower with 6 large plants in my backyard each year. This is my 1st season with your products. I have my fingers crossed.

I do have another question that I haven't seen here (unless I missed it)...

Is it OK if we amend the soil with additional things like: Compost, maybe some blood meal during veg, gypsum, green sand, etc, while using your product and feeding schedule?

Reason I'm asking is because we growers often have found that some strains of cannabis are heavy feeders and others are light feeders and some are somewhere in-between. So, to ask this in a different way: Does your product meet the requirements of all the different strains that are out there at the same feeding schedule that you have on the bag or feeding chart?

There are a lot of us that have learned, by much trial and error, that some strains seem to need very different nutrient ratios and different feeding schedules. How does your product deal with this?

Thank you in advanced... :smokin:

Excellent primary question! So thank you for asking it. I didn't even consider that fact. It would certainly mean that the nutrient measurement would have to change. I know there are a few here that have had at least one run or more with GF and they are raving about it. I'll be going with a soil grow and I imagine the soil will provide me a buffer either way.

I don't have enough experience with too many varieties but I can tell you that my Romulan last year (outdoor organic) came to a screeching halt when she devoured all the nutrients. It was a heavy top dress and a liquid diet for a couple weeks to perk her up. If I fed her exactly the same as the others but she was the hungriest and produced the most beautiful buds, I would have to admit that my brain is telling me I would be better off feeding her extra. I'm sure the GF team wouldn't care if we used more of their product. Haaa haaa...

At the recommended dosage rates, how do you account for genetics requiring less or more nutrients?

. I'm sure the GF team wouldn't care if we used more of their product.
@GeoFlora Nutrients ...
If we do use more, is it more every 2 weeks, or the recommended amount more often, like every 10 days, instead of every 14 days?

Excellent primary question! So thank you for asking it. I didn't even consider that fact. It would certainly mean that the nutrient measurement would have to change. I know there are a few here that have had at least one run or more with GF and they are raving about it. I'll be going with a soil grow and I imagine the soil will provide me a buffer either way.

I don't have enough experience with too many varieties but I can tell you that my Romulan last year (outdoor organic) came to a screeching halt when she devoured all the nutrients. It was a heavy top dress and a liquid diet for a couple weeks to perk her up. If I fed her exactly the same as the others but she was the hungriest and produced the most beautiful buds, I would have to admit that my brain is telling me I would be better off feeding her extra. I'm sure the GF team wouldn't care if we used more of their product. Haaa haaa...

At the recommended dosage rates, how do you account for genetics requiring less or more nutrients?
@BakedARea

:yahoo: Yes! Yes! Yes! :yahoo: To me, if I know that a certain strain needs more of something, I'd be tempted to amend it accordingly with soil building ingredients, like you would with Sub Cool's Super Soil. But... I'd like to see what @GeoFlora Nutrients says about this.

It's getting late, time for some weed... :smokin:

If we do use more, is it more every 2 weeks, or the recommended amount more often, like every 10 days, instead of every 14 days?
Excelent question @Carcass
If you don't mind, it might help @GeoFlora Nutrients if you tag them in that post you just made. I'm not telling you what to do, but if you want, you might want to click edit and ad: " @GeoFlora Nutrients " to your post. This'll help them see it easier.

Just a thought... :smokin:

Good idea, CBDbud !
Done!

One of the questions I have is on mycorrhizal colonization and @GeoFlora Nutrients . There are obvious benefits of mycorrhiza in an organic grow.

Are there any adjustments to the quantity of nutrients that should be applied with a healthy mycorrhizal colonization?

What is the optimum level of moisture that should be applied? I know you can't say x amount. But what I am looking for is should I keep the soil moist?

I have personally experienced issues with plants cannibalizing itself under drought like conditions. By that I mean me going out of town for too long (5-6 days) and not watering. I have seen this happen to varying degrees if I let my plants get too dry.

My gut tells me if there is not enough moisture in the soil the plants don't feed. The myco is supposed to assist with nutrient absorption and drought tolerance. There must be a balance here. Please help us find it.

BTW: I grow in Pro-Mix HP Mycorrhizae with added vermiculite plus @DYNOMYCO.

One of the questions I have is on mycorrhizal colonization and @GeoFlora Nutrients . There are obvious benefits of mycorrhiza in an organic grow.

Are there any adjustments to the quantity of nutrients that should be applied with a healthy mycorrhizal colonization?

What is the optimum level of moisture that should be applied? I know you can't say x amount. But what I am looking for is should I keep the soil moist?

I have personally experienced issues with plants cannibalizing itself under drought like conditions. By that I mean me going out of town for too long (5-6 days) and not watering. I have seen this happen to varying degrees if I let my plants get too dry.

My gut tells me if there is not enough moisture in the soil the plants don't feed. The myco is supposed to assist with nutrient absorption and drought tolerance. There must be a balance here. Please help us find it.

BTW: I grow in Pro-Mix HP Mycorrhizae with added vermiculite plus @DYNOMYCO.
I will answer your questions from my perspective UG, but I am not trying to answer for our @GeoFlora Nutrients representative, I just know they have been extremely busy with their location move and I want you to get some kind of answer right away, before our rep can get time to get to this.

P only enters the plant via the root tips and because of that, it is the hardest element of them all to absorb by the plant. Myco sets up a symbiotic relationship with the roots and greatly aids in P uptake, no matter the feeding system, whether it be organic or synthetic. When I didn't use @DYNOMYCO in my @GeoFlora Nutrients grows, I got P deficiencies in mid bloom. When I started to use @DYNOMYCO regularly, that problem went away. I did not adjust the Geoflora dosage at all.

While in veg, I run a strong wet/dry cycle... regularly drying my plants out to the point of wilting so as to entice extra root growth. Contrary to popular myth, this does not kill the microbes. When I water my plants they bounce right back and show zero feeding deficiencies. During bloom, I push more water at them, basically watering a full day before they really need it, keeping my soil partly moist.... except, one watering out of every 4, I let them dry out all the way to the bottom again, just to flush the roots with a good hit of oxygen. Again, as soon as I water, everything springs back with a growth spurt, as if nothing odd had happened at all. This watering thing is really a matter of personal preference. I know what works for me... maybe keeping your plants moist will work best for you. Last I checked, there were no rules that had been agreed upon in this matter.

When I didn't use @DYNOMYCO in my @GeoFlora Nutrients grows, I got P deficiencies in mid bloom. When I started to use @DYNOMYCO regularly, that problem went away. I did not adjust the Geoflora dosage at all.
This makes me happy! I recently purchased their myco. Looking forward to trying it. What do you mean by using it regularly? I thought it only needed to be done during transplant and it would be enough to carry it through the grow since it will keep multiplying.
During bloom, I push more water at them, basically watering a full day before they really need it, keeping my soil partly moist.... except, one watering out of every 4, I let them dry out all the way to the bottom again, just to flush the roots with a good hit of oxygen.
I like the logic behind this. Makes sense to me.

I do mix it into the soil at transplant.
I'm having issues with yellowing after the fact. I followed whatever directions that were given. Mix and water or topdress and water.

Sorry. I thought I explained it clearly. I guess I didn't?
"My issues lie in transition after transplant. If I mix the GeoFlora into the soil and then transplant I get yellow leaves for a week."
I'm experiencing yellowing leaves in 3 very different strains this year. I have never had a problem with yellowing leaves this early in veg until I started using @GeoFlora Nutrients . I also agree with @Justin Goody that it appears to be a Magnesium Sulfate deficiency. I had rather high hopes of this being a better method of feeding, but honestly, I have done better with building my own Super Soil, even though I haven't been composting it long enough, according to the Rev.

Things are not going as planned... :smokin:

I use the line and I use a little glass measuring shot and apply as a top dressing (4 oz to my 5 gallon pots) every two weeks.

Some of my plants from the last grow...
20210206_215245.jpg

20210227_194056.jpg

20210227_195045.jpg

20210206_184855.jpg
Wow, those are some nice-looking buds!! Keep up all of your hard work, love the color on your ladies!

Thank you @GeoFlora Nutrients for answering my personal E-mail that I sent to you directly. You have cleared up so many things for me. I really like the idea of not having to mix so many things into a soil mix. Since my back injury from an auto accident a couple of years ago, I don't really want to mix all this soil by hand anymore. I'm an outdoor grower with 6 large plants in my backyard each year. This is my 1st season with your products. I have my fingers crossed.

I do have another question that I haven't seen here (unless I missed it)...

Is it OK if we amend the soil with additional things like: Compost, maybe some blood meal during veg, gypsum, green sand, etc, while using your product and feeding schedule?

Reason I'm asking is because we growers often have found that some strains of cannabis are heavy feeders and others are light feeders and some are somewhere in-between. So, to ask this in a different way: Does your product meet the requirements of all the different strains that are out there at the same feeding schedule that you have on the bag or feeding chart?

There are a lot of us that have learned, by much trial and error, that some strains seem to need very different nutrient ratios and different feeding schedules. How does your product deal with this?

Yes - because there are different requirements across many strains, we designed both of our products to be compatible with additional products like Veg and Bloom boosters - while the majority of most strains basic needs will be covered by Geoflora (you can always use our product as a 1-part) fine-tuning may be needed for adapting usage to particular strains as with any nutrient. You don't need to worry about nitrogen burn with Veg unless you are adding into something that is pretty hot. We have run tests using Geoflora with products like Humboldt Nutrients Verde as a veg booster on a large scale (1000+ Plants) and seen great results with no negative interaction.

@GeoFlora Nutrients ..Is there any advantage to feeding more often, like every ten days instead of 14?

Hey Geoflora,

Thank you for being a sponsor here!!! I do have a question for you, I recently went to purchase your organic dry mix and was told it would not ship to my state here in the US of A..... what’s up with that? Is there another vendor that will ship, can I order direct from your site.... help me out please!

I do mix it into the soil at transplant.
I'm having issues with yellowing after the fact. I followed whatever directions that were given. Mix and water or topdress and water.

Sorry. I thought I explained it clearly. I guess I didn't?
"My issues lie in transition after transplant. If I mix the GeoFlora into the soil and then transplant I get yellow leaves for a week."
We recommend mixing in 24-48 hours prior to transplant, and maintaining soil moisture during this time - this should help break down the initial dose of faster releasing nitrogen and prevent early yellowing. If you are still having issues, you may want to look at using an additional microbial supplement at the first watering post transplant as this will also help accelerate the breakdown of the initial dose.

@GeoFlora Nutrients ...
No, not really. You might get a bit more nutrients than what is delivered via the 2 weeks slow release period but eventually, your plant will end up having more than needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom