GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome GF. I have only been growing for two years. First I used liquid feet’s til I heard about yours here. I use 7 gallon bags. So 2/3 cup every two weeks. It piles up quickly on top. I water every two days. So 7 times in 2 weeks. Should I remove the nutes after 2 weeks so the bag doesn’t overflow? I have two new girls in cups. If I mix GF into FFOF, is that the only time the plant needs GF? Is this nite done and gone after two weeks?
@Finnicki
No, just spread it out or add some additional soil to cover it if its an issue.

There may be some residual nutrients remaining depending on what is utilized by the plant - this makes it great for recycling media.

Plants should be fed according to the feeding schedule.

@GeoFlora Nutrients , I'm about to Transplant my GSC comparative grow plants into their final pots to flower and will only veg for 2-3 weeks in New pots. Adding either straight FFOF or FFHF or a blend of the two which I belive should be enough to get them through those 2-3 weeks. Should I NOT add any grow and layer in bloom or neither wait and top dress with the bloom.

which I belive should be enough to get them through those 2-3 weeks
Is your question whether the nutes in the FF soils will get your plants through to flip? The answer is no. The nutes built into FF soils are nowhere near what plants need once they get out of the seedling stage. And some folks start feeding synthetic nutes with the second set of true leaves in FF soils.

Fox Farms even recommends feeding plants after the second week of life, so much smaller than a plant 2 weeks from flip.

Is your question whether the nutes in the FF soils will get your plants through to flip? The answer is no. The nutes built into FF soils are nowhere near what plants need once they get out of the seedling stage. And some folks start feeding synthetic nutes with the second set of true leaves in FF soils.

Fox Farms even recommends feeding plants after the second week of life, so much smaller than a plant 2 weeks from flip.
Dude that's false as I ever know u wanna see what I have after weeks in FFOF alone? And clones at that not even seeds. N I'm super noob with soil.

Fox Farms has their own blooming soil called Strawberry Fields. Ocean Forest isn't meant to take the plant all the way through without added nutrients.

A heavy feeding plant could easily deplete FFOF in flower.

The soil and the nutes are designed as part of a system. They don't intend anyone to use it as a go-alone soil....not for cannabis anyway. Maybe for kale?

You don't add nutes and you may get something. Feed that soil/microbes right and you'll end up with a far superior product.

@GeoFlora Nutrients , I'm about to Transplant my GSC comparative grow plants into their final pots to flower and will only veg for 2-3 weeks in New pots. Adding either straight FFOF or FFHF or a blend of the two which I belive should be enough to get them through those 2-3 weeks. Should I NOT add any grow and layer in bloom or neither wait and top dress with the bloom.
@XiwsX561 If you are confident in the provided nutrient levels from the soils for your initial veg, you could skip adding veg and use bloom as a top dress when you are ready to flip to flower. The other option would be amending a single application of veg into your soil at transplant, and then top dressing bloom when the time comes.

@XiwsX561 If you are confident in the provided nutrient levels from the soils for your initial veg, you could skip adding veg and use bloom as a top dress when you are ready to flip to flower. The other option would be amending a single application of veg into your soil at transplant, and then top dressing bloom when the time comes.
New to soil always hydro so tend to over complicate , learned backwards. But I believe with the power of my lamps added c02 it would be safe to do 2 doses they have been vegging but under t5s low powered lamps small pots so when go into final pots and lamp power goes up controlled environment I think Transplant dose again in 2 weeks and ride out 3-5 then add bloom. If I weren't under bigger lamps I'd say I wouldn't need.

Hello @GeoFlora Nutrients
1st off, I'd like to say that, the longer I use your nutrients, the more I love them. I am very cognizant of the fact that I was very skeptical at first... even to the point of blind opposition. Today, it's a complete different story. I have NEVER had anything THIS organic that was so easy to use. My final verdict though will have to wait until harvest.

In the meantime, I have a question:
I'm an outdoor/backyard grower with my plants in the ground (not in pots). I've been growing for 5 years now and in ALL of my previous grows, every single plant has always slowed their growth to a crawl as they entered the bloom phase, and by August no increase in height. This season is completely different. Right now, I've got one girl nearing 8 feet tall, and she's not stopping. My question to you is: is this something that can happen because of how complete your nutrients are?

There are two other factors that I've not ruled out... revegging, and the fact that all of the strains in my garden are first timers for me; meaning I've never grown them before. Does revegging cause increased growth during bloom? Do curtain strains continue to grow during bloom? Remember, this is an outdoor grow, so I'm not flipping smaller plants like an indoor grow, which can subject them to stretching during bloom. For reference, please click my grow Journal in my signature.

Any help you and all others can provide is greatly appreciated.

This season is proving to be "Very Interesting indeed"... :smokin:

I have a question for @GeoFlora Nutrients. When using with autoflowers, at what point do I switch to Bloom? Is there something I should look for? Autoflowers could go into flower at 3 weeks and a set schedule usually won't match an autos schedule... Thanks!

I have a question for @GeoFlora Nutrients. When using with autoflowers, at what point do I switch to Bloom? Is there something I should look for? Autoflowers could go into flower at 3 weeks and a set schedule usually won't match an autos schedule... Thanks!
I'm growing autos using geoflora and what I did was I added half veg and half bloom when I first started noticing pistils. I did notice that my autos preferred less nitrogen during veg but now in bloom they're starting to feed off the lower leaves and I didnt give enough nitrogen during the transition. Might be a good idea to just go with veg when it starts flowering and then wait until its 2 weeks In before switching to bloom.

I'm growing autos using geoflora and what I did was I added half veg and half bloom when I first started noticing pistils. I did notice that my autos preferred less nitrogen during veg but now in bloom they're starting to feed off the lower leaves and I didnt give enough nitrogen during the transition. Might be a good idea to just go with veg when it starts flowering and then wait until its 2 weeks In before switching to bloom.
Thanks. Makes sense. I have a way to go before I get to that point.

@Costanza @GeoFlora Nutrients Let me start by saying that I have used GeoFlora for the last 3 grows I've done and I love the product. Not only is it the simplest way to grow organically (at least in my humble opinion) but it proves itself in the smoke as well. it doesn't get much better than that.
But, I've noticed that I've had to tweak my nutes at the start of flower. It seems that by the 3rd-4th week of flower, I started seeing N loss on every plant. (3 different strains, 3 different grows, 2 photo runs and 1 auto run) So, here's what I did: Instead of switching to the Bloom bag at the beginning of flower, I used the Veg again. Then on my next feeding (3rd week of flower) I started with the bloom. So far, so good! So I'm very interested in what the GeoFlora team thinks as well!

I have never believed that bloom starts at flip and I don't believe that our plants need bloom nutes until vegetative growth stops, at the end of stretch. When I flip, I wait 7-10 days to even call it bloom, and instead I call that period of time, transition. After the buds actually start forming, there is still a good week or so of stretch ahead of the plant, where the plant continues to experience very rapid growth both up top and in the roots, and it is my belief that the plant still needs vegging nutes to supply the nutritional needs for this extraordinary growth.

I don't give bloom nutes until the stretch is showing signs of being over. In my current grow I waited to give bloom nutes until about 2 weeks after the flip, or with my method of counting, about a week into bloom. It is my belief that this has allowed my plants to become huge, strong and well ready for the bloom to come, more so than they would have done if I had given bloom nutes at the flip.

To see the results I have had using @GeoFlora Nutrients in this way, please go to my comparative GSC grow. I have just given my first bloom nutes and we can easily see the efficacy of this strategy.

Hello @GeoFlora Nutrients
1st off, I'd like to say that, the longer I use your nutrients, the more I love them. I am very cognizant of the fact that I was very skeptical at first... even to the point of blind opposition. Today, it's a complete different story. I have NEVER had anything THIS organic that was so easy to use. My final verdict though will have to wait until harvest.

In the meantime, I have a question:
I'm an outdoor/backyard grower with my plants in the ground (not in pots). I've been growing for 5 years now and in ALL of my previous grows, every single plant has always slowed their growth to a crawl as they entered the bloom phase, and by August no increase in height. This season is completely different. Right now, I've got one girl nearing 8 feet tall, and she's not stopping. My question to you is: is this something that can happen because of how complete your nutrients are?

There are two other factors that I've not ruled out... revegging, and the fact that all of the strains in my garden are first timers for me; meaning I've never grown them before. Does revegging cause increased growth during bloom? Do curtain strains continue to grow during bloom? Remember, this is an outdoor grow, so I'm not flipping smaller plants like an indoor grow, which can subject them to stretching during bloom. For reference, please click my grow Journal in my signature.

Any help you and all others can provide is greatly appreciated.

This season is proving to be "Very Interesting indeed"... :smokin:
@CBDbud Glad to hear you are seeing great results! This extra growth definitely could be from using our fertilizer - the microbe charge in Geoflora helps unlock all of the nutrients in the soil over time, and our ingredients help out by adding a complete profile of secondary nutrient sources to drive even better growth.

As for the strain, it's hard to say. Some plants have considerable growth stretches before and during the initial phases of bloom - this tends to vary by strain. Since these strains are new to you, that could be what's going on.

Outdoor plants can also have veg periods much longer than indoor plants - we have seen results from our commercial farmers using Geoflora outdoors who get thicker stems and fuller, taller canopies as well.

I don't think this would be re-veg - typically a re-veg will occur when your light cycle is off - the telltale signs are if you are seeing large malformed leaves or large smooth leaves growing out of the tops and flowering nodes of the plant. If you're not seeing signs of re-veg, it's likely that this extra growth you're seeing is due to another factor.

Hopefully this helps, and we can't wait to see what happens in your grow!

@DeeBoy In this case, we would recommend careful observation of the plant. Start amending with VEG at transplant, and every two weeks when it's time for your next amendment, observe the plant to see if it is showing signs of flowering. Once the plant shows signs of flowering, such as the appearance of pistils on the node sites, we recommend to start amending with BLOOM.

As you can see, @Costanza, @Dubya Kush, and @Emilya are all employing slightly different strategies. Our best recommendation is to keep a close eye on your plant and base your feeding on direct observations of how it's doing. Because every strain is different and has different needs, our feeding schedule is pretty general and can easily be adjusted based on the needs of the plant.

We love hearing how people use our nutrients for their grows, so definitely keep us updated on how your autoflower grow goes!

@CBDbud Glad to hear you are seeing great results! This extra growth definitely could be from using our fertilizer - the microbe charge in Geoflora helps unlock all of the nutrients in the soil over time, and our ingredients help out by adding a complete profile of secondary nutrient sources to drive even better growth.

As for the strain, it's hard to say. Some plants have considerable growth stretches before and during the initial phases of bloom - this tends to vary by strain. Since these strains are new to you, that could be what's going on.

Outdoor plants can also have veg periods much longer than indoor plants - we have seen results from our commercial farmers using Geoflora outdoors who get thicker stems and fuller, taller canopies as well.

I don't think this would be re-veg - typically a re-veg will occur when your light cycle is off - the telltale signs are if you are seeing large malformed leaves or large smooth leaves growing out of the tops and flowering nodes of the plant. If you're not seeing signs of re-veg, it's likely that this extra growth you're seeing is due to another factor.

@DeeBoy In this case, we would recommend careful observation of the plant. Start amending with VEG at transplant, and every two weeks when it's time for your next amendment, observe the plant to see if it is showing signs of flowering. Once the plant shows signs of flowering, such as the appearance of pistils on the node sites, we recommend to start amending with BLOOM.

As you can see, @Costanza, @Dubya Kush, and @Emilya are all employing slightly different strategies. Our best recommendation is to keep a close eye on your plant and base your feeding on direct observations of how it's doing. Because every strain is different and has different needs, our feeding schedule is pretty general and can easily be adjusted based on the needs of the plant.

We love hearing how people use our nutrients for their grows, so definitely keep us updated on how your autoflower grow goes!
Thanks! I’ll keep you posted.

Oh... but I did. As I've chronicled in my grow journal, yes, I have experienced all of my plants going through an accidental flip into bloom and they all just sat there for weeks and weeks as they went through the reveging process. During that time, a fairly large amount of flower was developing and the girls were in full bloom. So, now that you have this info, does this change your answer?

Thanx... :smokin:

@GeoFlora Nutrients and all outdoor growers,
After re-reading today some of the things I posted earlier in the week, I realized there's a little more info that I neglected to include...

Mainly that I have grown 7 different strains in my previous grows and 3 strains this season that are new to me as well. That's 10 different strains. In my previous grows the strains were as follows:

White Widow
Purple Haze
Gold Leaf
Critical mass
CBDutch Treat
Blue Berry CBD
and some bag seed of unknown strain(s)

1st season was with mainly liquid nutes. All subsequent seasons were with varying degrees of organic soil with liquid nutes mix in here and there. My earliest grows were all in pots through harvest. Recent grows have all been vegging in pots and transplanting into the ground the 1st week of July. Throughout the seasons, there's been a big mix of methods, soils, strains, water sources and so many other variables that I'm not remembering at the moment. And now, with 3 more strains this season:

Gorilla Glue
Do-Si-Dos Cookies
Cream & Cheese CBD

With all of these strains (10 of them!) it just seems to rule out the theory of it being the new strains that are playing a large role in this seasons late growth. Please remember, I have never experienced this kind of surge or stretch just as the plants were entering their bloom phase. The 2 things that stand out to me are... The fact that this season all my plants went into full bloom with nice buds, then revegged for many weeks... and of course your wonderful Grow and Bloom products.

Please keep in mind that I'm not trying to find fault, only trying to understand things by chasing down every single possibility until each one is exhausted.

Today, I realize that I probably should've simply asked the single question: Does the revegging process lend itself to more stretching than usual as the plants begin their transition into bloom in an outdoor grow from seed? This question I'd like all outdoor growers to answer as well, keeping in mind that I didn't prune, FIM, or otherwise interfere with the central or main stalk/cola. Also, to help lower the temps, I use a white 40% shade cloth over my garden.

Hope this helps... :smokin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom