GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GeoFlora Nutrients and all outdoor growers,
After re-reading today some of the things I posted earlier in the week, I realized there's a little more info that I neglected to include...

Mainly that I have grown 7 different strains in my previous grows and 3 strains this season that are new to me as well. That's 10 different strains. In my previous grows the strains were as follows:

White Widow
Purple Haze
Gold Leaf
Critical mass
CBDutch Treat
Blue Berry CBD
and some bag seed of unknown strain(s)

1st season was with mainly liquid nutes. All subsequent seasons were with varying degrees of organic soil with liquid nutes mix in here and there. My earliest grows were all in pots through harvest. Recent grows have all been vegging in pots and transplanting into the ground the 1st week of July. Throughout the seasons, there's been a big mix of methods, soils, strains, water sources and so many other variables that I'm not remembering at the moment. And now, with 3 more strains this season:

Gorilla Glue
Do-Si-Dos Cookies
Cream & Cheese CBD

With all of these strains (10 of them!) it just seems to rule out the theory of it being the new strains that are playing a large role in this seasons late growth. Please remember, I have never experienced this kind of surge or stretch just as the plants were entering their bloom phase. The 2 things that stand out to me are... The fact that this season all my plants went into full bloom with nice buds, then revegged for many weeks... and of course your wonderful Grow and Bloom products.

Please keep in mind that I'm not trying to find fault, only trying to understand things by chasing down every single possibility until each one is exhausted.

Today, I realize that I probably should've simply asked the single question: Does the revegging process lend itself to more stretching than usual as the plants begin their transition into bloom in an outdoor grow from seed? This question I'd like all outdoor growers to answer as well, keeping in mind that I didn't prune, FIM, or otherwise interfere with the central or main stalk/cola. Also, to help lower the temps, I use a white 40% shade cloth over my garden.

Hope this helps... :smokin:
@CBDbud
Our apologies, it was our understanding that your plants were not in a re-veg state, and were experiencing better than usual growth during the flowering phase.

It seems like you have a lot of variables, so it is hard to pinpoint exactly what is the cause of the re-veg, however we can say with a high level of confidence that it is not our nutrients. The primary issue is that your plants had a re-veg. When a plant is traumatized by an event such as a re-veg, it is very difficult to recover and the yield and growth patterns are significantly impacted.

What does your internodal spacing look like if you don't mind us asking?

@GeoFlora Nutrients
Down low on my Cream & Cheese CBD she has nodes about 4" apart, as you move up they get closer. Above 5.5' in hight, the nodes become 2" apart. Also, she has finally started to slow down in her growth; not before reaching a full 8' tall though! One of my good friends is now referring to this one as a redwood tree in my backyard.

Also, this one plant is the one that recovered from the bloom/reveg process the fastest.

@GeoFlora Nutrients
Down low on my Cream & Cheese CBD she has nodes about 4" apart, as you move up they get closer. Above 5.5' in hight, the nodes become 2" apart. Also, she has finally started to slow down in her growth; not before reaching a full 8' tall though! One of my good friends is now referring to this one as a redwood tree in my backyard.

Also, this one plant is the one that recovered from the bloom/reveg process the fastest.

@CBDbud Thanks for the information - usually you will see tighter nodal spacing as you go up towards the top of the plant, but 4" nodal spacing sounds like a pretty significant stretch that was likely due to a re-veg - you can try and limit further stretching and prioritize flower growth by supplementing the bloom fertilizer with a high PK booster. Be aware that a big plant like that is going to need a lot of food to produce big flowers. If there are any additional sources of nitrogen being used, it may be best to cut those out if possible as well - that being said, it might just be more work than its worth to try and alter the plant's trajectory, and best to let this plant run its course and hope for the best as it sounds like it's already slowing down its growth.

Oh great Geoflora answer me this…. What ph should my water be in coco? 5.8 is the word on this board. Does that still apply when using your veg or bloom? Thanks!

Excited to watch your grow DeeBoy! I want to try my next run with coco and geoflora, but haven't seen many others using these nutes in coco. Can't wait to see how your girls turn out ;)
I’m having an issue right now. I think it’s my cheap ph meter. Just got a good one though… My 1st grow was Geoflora from flower on and it saved me.

@CBDbud Thanks for the information - usually you will see tighter nodal spacing as you go up towards the top of the plant, but 4" nodal spacing sounds like a pretty significant stretch that was likely due to a re-veg - you can try and limit further stretching and prioritize flower growth by supplementing the bloom fertilizer with a high PK booster. Be aware that a big plant like that is going to need a lot of food to produce big flowers. If there are any additional sources of nitrogen being used, it may be best to cut those out if possible as well - that being said, it might just be more work than its worth to try and alter the plant's trajectory, and best to let this plant run its course and hope for the best as it sounds like it's already slowing down its growth.
@GeoFlora Nutrients
Thank you for your reply and advice. What type of "high PK booster" do you recommend? Put another way: What type of "high PK booster" is the most compatible with your Bloom? I prefer to stay clear of nutrients that are bound to a salt molecule. As many of us know, these salts can do harm to the microbes in the soil. Having said that, I am very willing to make an exception this time, if it'll give me the best buds possible. I really need a really great harvest this season.

This brings up another question: For the best possible harvest, will simply using more of the Geoflora BLOOM meet all of the nutritional needs of an 8' marijuana tree like I have in my yard, or are you saying that a tree this large needs more than your BLOOM can offer? If simply more BLOOM is the best coarse of action, how many cups for her best harvest? And, is the two week interval still best, or, because of the higher amounts of BLOOM, would splitting this higher two-week dose in half and administering every week be better?

Thank you for EVERYthing that you do... :smokin:

P.S. It appears that she has completely stopped growing and is 8' tall.

Okay if you say so…
@DeeBoy Let me clarify: Geoflora Nutrients work water pH between 4.8 and 7.5, so the coco recommendation of 5.8 that you got from other members would be fine for our product.

Hope that helps!

@GeoFlora Nutrients
Thank you for your reply and advice. What type of "high PK booster" do you recommend? Put another way: What type of "high PK booster" is the most compatible with your Bloom? I prefer to stay clear of nutrients that are bound to a salt molecule. As many of us know, these salts can do harm to the microbes in the soil. Having said that, I am very willing to make an exception this time, if it'll give me the best buds possible. I really need a really great harvest this season.

This brings up another question: For the best possible harvest, will simply using more of the Geoflora BLOOM meet all of the nutritional needs of an 8' marijuana tree like I have in my yard, or are you saying that a tree this large needs more than your BLOOM can offer? If simply more BLOOM is the best coarse of action, how many cups for her best harvest? And, is the two week interval still best, or, because of the higher amounts of BLOOM, would splitting this higher two-week dose in half and administering every week be better?

@CBDbud I'm getting an answer from our science team on this question for you, hope to have it for you shortly!

@GeoFlora Nutrients

@GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM (recommended dosage) and Terpinator, 4 weeks in. Mine aren't 8' tall, but they are massive. They appear to be incredibly happy.
DSCF9830.JPG

@CBDbud I'm getting an answer from our science team on this question for you, hope to have it for you shortly!
@GeoFlora Nutrients
After reviewing what I wrote to you and looking around at the items I have on hand here at the house, I realized that I should've asked about this in a different way:

I have a bag of Earth Juice Bloom Master 0-50-30 and would like to try this on my girls. I also remember you stating elsewhere that water straight from the faucet, with all the chlorine that the city puts in it, is OK to use because your tests have shown no significant reduction in the microbial activity in the soil when using your VEG/BLOOM products. I use RO water that tests in the single digits for TDS. So, with all this info, I was wondering: does the bio-activity of your BLOOM hold up with these added salts that are in things like Earth Juice Bloom Master, Terpinator and many other similar ferts that I see others using?

To me, this gets to the heart of the issue without you being caught up in the sticky situation of deciding what to recommend.

@GeoFlora Nutrients

@GeoFlora Nutrients
After reviewing what I wrote to you and looking around at the items I have on hand here at the house, I realized that I should've asked about this in a different way:

I have a bag of Earth Juice Bloom Master 0-50-30 and would like to try this on my girls. I also remember you stating elsewhere that water straight from the faucet, with all the chlorine that the city puts in it, is OK to use because your tests have shown no significant reduction in the microbial activity in the soil when using your VEG/BLOOM products. I use RO water that tests in the single digits for TDS. So, with all this info, I was wondering: does the bio-activity of your BLOOM hold up with these added salts that are in things like Earth Juice Bloom Master, Terpinator and many other similar ferts that I see others using?

To me, this gets to the heart of the issue without you being caught up in the sticky situation of deciding what to recommend.

@CBDbud First off, we wouldn't get our hopes up for a great harvest after a re-veg. Once a plant has been traumatized like that, it becomes less predictable and less likely to produce a great yield. You are correct that most PK boosters are higher in salts and can damage the soil microbes but they do provide a powerful boost to flower growth for large plants, it’s up to you to determine if this is a worthwhile tradeoff by looking at your plants.

Geoflora Bloom alone can definitely provide what most plants need. Yes you will need to add more for a larger plant as you get further into the bloom phase, feeding more often is a good way to get this increased food to your plant although you will still want to rotate some water-only feedings.

As far as bloom boosters go, Terpinator is a safe option and doesn’t harm microbials so you can always add that in but it isn't a PK booster. You probably want something higher in P & K – you should be looking for a PK boost product with no more than a 0-14-15. Bloom Master wouldn’t be an ideal choice in this scenario as it could harm microbials. If you are using RO water, make sure you re-mineralize with a cal-mag prior to feeding with the PK boost.

Does this apply to large plants generally, since your feeding schedule goes by pot size rather than plant size?
Good question Shed! I went up a little with my big outdoor girl. From 3 cups(measured for hole size) to 4 just because she's big now. I'm wondering and watching closely to decide if she's going to need more. So far no. She's had one flower feed at that rate and I'll work some magic in soon.

@CBDbud First off, we wouldn't get our hopes up for a great harvest after a re-veg. Once a plant has been traumatized like that, it becomes less predictable and less likely to produce a great yield. You are correct that most PK boosters are higher in salts and can damage the soil microbes but they do provide a powerful boost to flower growth for large plants, it’s up to you to determine if this is a worthwhile tradeoff by looking at your plants.

Geoflora Bloom alone can definitely provide what most plants need. Yes you will need to add more for a larger plant as you get further into the bloom phase, feeding more often is a good way to get this increased food to your plant although you will still want to rotate some water-only feedings.

As far as bloom boosters go, Terpinator is a safe option and doesn’t harm microbials so you can always add that in but it isn't a PK booster. You probably want something higher in P & K – you should be looking for a PK boost product with no more than a 0-14-15. Bloom Master wouldn’t be an ideal choice in this scenario as it could harm microbials. If you are using RO water, make sure you re-mineralize with a cal-mag prior to feeding with the PK boost.
Thank you so much @GeoFlora Nutrients
I really appreciate you taking the time. It's EXTREMELY rare to find a company like yours that is so willing to help people. You have a customer for life! I will be spreading the word to everyone I know.

I'm off to my hydro shop... :smokin:

Hey @GeoFlora Nutrients
I have an idea for a 3rd product from you. What if you made a different BLOOM product? It would be like the BLOOM you make now, but it would have all of the additional ingredients in it that you've recommended to me here, like the PK booster, the Terpinator (I think it's just more K, right?), and even the extra cal-mag for us growers that use RO water. And keeping in mind that most growers will be using either Fox Farms Ocean Forest and/or Fox Farms Strawberry Fields, with some extra Perlite mixed in. The goal here would be for the customer/grower to be able to grow REAL top-shelf bud with ONLY your products. Nothing else! Period. And this new product would be called: MEGA-BLOOM. If I were you, I would keep the current BLOOM product for growers who like to irrigate with city water from the hose, and the MEGA-BLOOM would be for the growers who want the best-of-the-best and don't mind the extra cost of using RO water. Think of this as a "Cadillac" or Ultra-Premium product.

This way, we growers don't have to buy all these other products, nor be bothered with all of the mixing and PHing of these other products. You get more money, we get ultra simplistic feeding methods. It's a win/win! And once you've perfected the recipe, you can give me a 25lb bag of this MEGA-BLOOM.
Whadayasay? :smokin:

Hey @GeoFlora Nutrients
I have an idea for a 3rd product from you. What if you made a different BLOOM product? It would be like the BLOOM you make now, but it would have all of the additional ingredients in it that you've recommended to me here, like the PK booster, the Terpinator (I think it's just more K, right?), and even the extra cal-mag for us growers that use RO water. And keeping in mind that most growers will be using either Fox Farms Ocean Forest and/or Fox Farms Strawberry Fields, with some extra Perlite mixed in. The goal here would be for the customer/grower to be able to grow REAL top-shelf bud with ONLY your products. Nothing else! Period. And this new product would be called: MEGA-BLOOM. If I were you, I would keep the current BLOOM product for growers who like to irrigate with city water from the hose, and the MEGA-BLOOM would be for the growers who want the best-of-the-best and don't mind the extra cost of using RO water. Think of this as a "Cadillac" or Ultra-Premium product.that

This way, we growers don't have to buy all these other products, nor be bothered with all of the mixing and PHing of these other products. You get more money, we get ultra simplistic feeding methods. It's a win/win! And once you've perfected the recipe, you can give me a 25lb bag of this MEGA-BLOOM.
Whadayasay? :smokin:
lol... mega bloom... after using megacrop I wouldn't name a product anything close to that... maybe bloom+?

You also seem to be saying that it takes RO water and proper pH and PK boosters and then cal mag on top of that to produce a "top shelf" grow. My last two grows have been with just Geoflora and nothing else and they have been pretty "top shelf." I also use tap water, don't worry about pH or chlorine and even under bright LED, I have not had a problem with calcium or magnesium. This time I am only using Terpinator because I have 10 gallons of the stuff that is getting old and I want to use it up. Did Geoflora need the K boost? Nope. Now that I also use Dynomyco every time I build a new container, I am not having any need for extra P either. This time I am also using Silica. Do I notice a difference in adding the supplements this time? Yes, I think I do. Do I think that Geoflora "needed" this extra help or need a new product adding all this extra? Not in the least. If you want to supplement, go for it... it seems our plants can oftentimes take advantage of extra p and k. From what I can see though, Geoflora is fine the way it is and there is no need to use RO, pH adjust, remove chlorine or need to supplement anything. Your mileage of course may differ.

I have a question @GeoFlora Nutrients. I ordered a new bag of BLOOM to finish out the comparative grow and immediately noticed a change in the size of granules in the bag. Its not much, but it seems like my new bag has a slightly finer grind to it.

Is this just an anomaly with my bag maybe being kicked around a few more times by FEDex or has something changed? It did seem to sink down into the soil a bit better.

Here is a picture of the old mix that has been fairly consistent since I started using Geoflora, and the next picture is the new stuff just received.

sorry these are not focused any better than this... low light at the desk got me. I think you can see what I mean though.

DSCF9887.JPG
DSCF9885.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom