GHS WW & WRhino by Flyfishinrock

Thanks everybody, your input is highly valued!!
I have a bathroom exhaust fan set-up to remove the stale air whenever it reaches 83 f, it turns off at about 73f. I use a circular fan to blow over the tops of the seedlings 24-7, that's also my light schedule.
I'm running a hydro set-up for the grow and bloom (I guess technically the seeds are being fed hydroponically, just without the timers) so I really don't want to use any soil. I did use expanding peat for starting some of the seeds, but don't want any other "soil" media as I dont want to funk up my pumps and nutrients (I have 2 pumps in each res. one for irrigation and one to agitate 24-7, gets a little spendy replacing them). :thedoubletake:
I can see where that would be useful to reduce stress, I would try it if I was using grow bags.
Got a little update for you, I'M AN IDIOT. :ganjamon:
My flowering and veg plants have been looking like shi#, major deficiencies etc....I tried everything. Then I calibrated my ph pen, it was off a bit. It "worked good", or so I thought. Used it another week but kept seeing huge fluctuations in my nutes and little if any recovery, so I figured I'd check the calibration again. This time I couldn't adjust it far enough to make it right, went and bought a new pen and I was at 4.6ph. holy shitty ph batman!!! wow thats lame huh? So that's the start of an insightful day. Changed the res and was checking after the first flood and saw 10-20 very very little things in the 2 tbsp shot glass I use; they moved. I busted out the microscope and be damned if I didn't have thripe larva in high numbers in my media. Another trip to the store for some goKnats, today they arent moving!!!!!hahahahahahahahah muhahahahahahaah
I have a few places I think adults have been sucking but hav'nt seen em?
needless to say I wont be adding any plants to the room until I know they are long gone. I may set the pumps and timers in their current local. until the crisis is over.

The same damn thing happened to me with my Hanna Champ ph meter. $50 peice of crap IMO. Every time I used it I had to calibrate until the calibration screw bottomed out. Now it read 8.4 in 7.01 calibration solution. Keep in mind I only used it for 6 weeks or so. Wish I kept the receipt.

I bought a milwaukee 600 ph meter for $20 on ebay and its awesome. Reads 7.0 everytime I test it.

Hope you caught it before its too late. pH can be a real bugger!!! Finally have my bloom formula down pat so I know exactly how much nutes and pH adjustment to make so it doesn't take me 10 attempts to get it on the money.

Alright the day is finally here, they have moved to the grow room as I haven't found any bugs in it!!
Here is a shot of their first flood
01314.JPG

The three to the right are the Mazar-I-Sharif, ww#2 back left.
This is a closer pic of the dominant ww I affectionately refer to as #1 day 19
010_-_Copy.JPG

Thanks for the advice, kind words and patience. Wont be long till they see the flower room :ganjamon:

Alright the day is finally here, they have moved to the grow room as I haven't found any bugs in it!!
Here is a shot of their first flood
01314.JPG

The three to the right are the Mazar-I-Sharif, ww#2 back left.
This is a closer pic of the dominant ww I affectionately refer to as #1 day 19
010_-_Copy.JPG

Thanks for the advice, kind words and patience. Wont be long till they see the flower room :ganjamon:

Awesome. I've been thinking to myself what happens to the roots when they grow out of the pots? I'd been looking at the empty table not realizing you fill the whole table with hydroton. I'll just go smoke another one now...

Looking good FFR.

^^^^^^^^^^
way too funny, you guys (ehem people) rock!!:headbanger: I just put a couple inches in the veg trays, for flower I put 4 or 5" thick to keep the more intense light out of the roots. I sure am glad I didn't mess these guys up with the bad ph like my others, they look so bad I'm embarrassed to add them to my problems photo album. :bitingnails: Had to crop one of these pics to keep the ugly in the next tray from sneaking in. lol
I started a little side mission but doubt they'll sprout, if they do I'll tell ya more. :peace:

Hi there Mr Fish,im sorry to hear about ya thrips problem mate im haveing a right battle at the moment with them myself also and its starting to look like im gona lose my 2 euforia i was growing for the christmas period but im battleing against it.Im useing a product called "blockout" thats supposed to suffocate them almost instantly and can be used nearly upto crop time,but i did a shake over some white paper the following day after treatment and i had at least 50 thrips drop on the card so im not to impressed with this product but ill continue to use it till my pred bugs come and hopefully they gona chomp through the buggers and ill film them doing it(Ihate thrips!)anyways mate sorry for the thrip rant :smokin: besafe and i hope all goes well with your grow...:peace:
best regards..creamm.

Pics pics pics???

Oh and i've been meaning to ask you, where are you livin in the great NW?

Im in Portland...

Morning all, just realized I hadnt mentioned the ferts yet.

ml/per 1 Gallon
5 FloraGro
5 FloraMicro
5 FloraBloom

Elemental breakdown: PPM @ User Strength
NN AN UN _ P _ K __ Ca _ Mg _ S _ Fe __ Mn _ Zn _ Cu _ B _ Mo _ Co
87 _8 _0 _ 38 _125 _ 67 _ 26 _ 35 _ 1.5 _ 0.6 _ 0.1 _ 0.1 _ 0 _0.01 _0
PPM: 622

I also added 10 ml/gal Flora Blend Compost Tea
Total PPM 712 PH 5.9

Really hope this makes sense, I'll post some pics this afternoon for those who want a peek of the greenery.:peace:

i want a peek of the greenery!

nice man i just read where you are from, SE kicks ass! well at least parts of it. I live out in WA county almost in Beaverton but not. Beaverton is a shit town. The buds here are pretty top shelf from what i've encountered. My girls family grows the DANKEST bubba kush i've ever had. Rock hard nugs that end your life with one bowl. Be watchin for my gro comin up!

Hi mate :grinjoint: i noticed ya useing a compost tea,its a brand named one right ? only ive posted some info for ya in me blueberry grow regarding it n how u make it etc,anyways looking mighty fine mate :bong:
best regards...creamm :peace:

Back
Top Bottom