GHS WW & WRhino by Flyfishinrock

thanks creamm, I appreciate your looking in on me. Thinking I may need to insert some T&A pics to get a few more reply's !! lol
Things are moving right along, though I am still morning the wr seeds; especially science I believe their demise was my fault. :thedoubletake:
I am looking forward to having some indicas though as its been a while, so the Mazar is a most welcome addition.:allgood:

I was thinking how fast a small seed blows up into a big plant. Plant's are looking good, T and A pics probably attract more peeps hahaha. Nothing like a hot broad, Mary J is pretty hot too lol.

thanks guys, think they have a ways to go before they look like that beauty you just harvested harry, hell if they look half that good I will consider it a complete success. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Not a lot to report today, i think maybe tomorrow I'll put the #1 WW into the ebb & flow with a couple of the grape apes to give it some MH, I'm not sure yet as it is really doing well where its at. I'll have to :roorrip: and think about it a bit.

:peace:

heres a few updated pics, just proof I havnt murdered them yet lol
sorry bout the fuzzy shots, my camera sux.
this is WW#1, sprouted two weeks ago today.
001_-_Copy_2_1.JPG

WW#1 side profile
002_-_Copy_2_1.JPG

These are the Mazar-I-Sharif at two days old
00427.JPG

Kinda like watching grass grow huh? :yummy:
thanks for lookin and any advise will be considered. :peace:

thanks guys, I appreciate the support.
"What up man? Just found your grow. Looking good. Sorry bout the rhino's. What are you using for your grow medium? "

For the most part I've been using clones for years, I haven't grown by seed in around.........6 to 8 years, that being said I used expanding peat pots after paper towels for the ww and wr. I believe they hold a lot more moisture than the rockwool, perhaps too much, I got the impression they had too much moisture and were stunted. :hmmmm: For the Mazar-I-Sharif I went form paper towell to 1 1/2" cubed rockwool, to 4x4x3 rockwool cube. This seemed to work better for me, I lost one seed this time compared to 3 of the wr's. I then covered the top with hydroton for algae control.

The lil-uns are progressing well, the roots are beginning to protrude from the bottom of the cube on ww#1 so this evening/tomorrow I will put into a flood table under MH. I have a busy weekend lined up so we'll see if that happens:ganjamon:
:peace: all

I use those peat pots also for seeds mate,i just water em the night before with a few drops of seatea also in there and i ring em out the next day so there not to wet then plant

The truth? I'm not really sold yet either, as I've yet to have a "bumper" crop with my current set-up. I am a science geek and like that aspect of hydro. Until recently I was in a 2x3 closet so room was a major factor, so was soil disposal as I live in a 4 plex and quickly filled all the units flower boxes with used soil. :cheesygrinsmiley: I do get the ability to go out of town for a week or so with no real worries, and maintain great quality. The quality I chalk up to genetics mostly though, gonna be a caregiver for a friend and he would prefer soil and organics so in theory I'm gonna try a side by side comparison with cuttings from the same mother. Should be interesting, but probably still about a month or two away; I'll do a journal and include fert schedules etc.. probably need a lot of advice along the way to keep shit straight lol

I had a visitor this weekend so didn't get anything done in the garden, gotta go tend to it for a bit..........I'll do an update tomorrow with pics and stuff:peace:

nice dude, personally i just like the stability of soil, but i think once you get the hydro down the possibilities are endless.

well here is the updated pics I promised, I haven't moved the seedlings yet as they seem so happy where they are for the time being; and I am kind of hesitant to introduce them to the grow room. I had a powdery mildew issue recently and have since sterilized the environment but have a few plants that are mildly affected in there still. :thedoubletake:
:nomo::roorrip:

Heres a pic from 4 days ago of ww#1
010_3_.JPG

heres todays pic
00723.JPG

side view 4 days ago
009_3_.JPG

todays side view
01019.JPG

I'm feeling good about their progress thus far and hope my luck holds out, I gotta check my flowering plants today and can maybe do some shuffeling to get the babies into the room with the 400 mh (no promises though).
I upped their feed a bit today, now I'm using-------gh grow=2.5ml gal
-----gh micro=5ml gal--------gh bloom=10ml gal-------gh vegan blend=10ml gal-----------= 654ppm 5.4 ph

thanks for looking in :peace:

Thank you McBudz. To answer your question, right now I'm not flooding the seedlings, the trey in the pic is just a convenient place to set em. I've been watering by hand every other day, as that's when they start to feel light. I've been noticing though they seem to grow a set of leaves every time I water, lol, I think I'll water more often. I'm trying to force the roots to grow thick in the cube before I flush them often, as lately I tend to have an over abundance of vegetation compared to my root mass. I don't know if this is the "correct" way to do it, but I'm a broke ass and gotta stay in a budget.
Generally speaking I run my nutrients every 2 hours for 15 minutes each flood, with the cooler temps I've bumped it down to every 3 hours and they seem to like it. I never flood with the lights off, or within 2 hours of lights going out. If I get droopy leaves I slow down the frequency, I don't know if that's the right thing to do as I am far from a hydro guru but it "feels" right. :smokin: and they seem to respond to it.
Sorry for the long winded monologue.lol Looks like I got the conch!

Thanks everybody, your input is highly valued!!
I have a bathroom exhaust fan set-up to remove the stale air whenever it reaches 83 f, it turns off at about 73f. I use a circular fan to blow over the tops of the seedlings 24-7, that's also my light schedule.
I'm running a hydro set-up for the grow and bloom (I guess technically the seeds are being fed hydroponically, just without the timers) so I really don't want to use any soil. I did use expanding peat for starting some of the seeds, but don't want any other "soil" media as I dont want to funk up my pumps and nutrients (I have 2 pumps in each res. one for irrigation and one to agitate 24-7, gets a little spendy replacing them). :thedoubletake:
I can see where that would be useful to reduce stress, I would try it if I was using grow bags.
Got a little update for you, I'M AN IDIOT. :ganjamon:
My flowering and veg plants have been looking like shi#, major deficiencies etc....I tried everything. Then I calibrated my ph pen, it was off a bit. It "worked good", or so I thought. Used it another week but kept seeing huge fluctuations in my nutes and little if any recovery, so I figured I'd check the calibration again. This time I couldn't adjust it far enough to make it right, went and bought a new pen and I was at 4.6ph. holy shitty ph batman!!! wow thats lame huh? So that's the start of an insightful day. Changed the res and was checking after the first flood and saw 10-20 very very little things in the 2 tbsp shot glass I use; they moved. I busted out the microscope and be damned if I didn't have thripe larva in high numbers in my media. Another trip to the store for some goKnats, today they arent moving!!!!!hahahahahahahahah muhahahahahahaah
I have a few places I think adults have been sucking but hav'nt seen em?
needless to say I wont be adding any plants to the room until I know they are long gone. I may set the pumps and timers in their current local. until the crisis is over.

Back
Top Bottom