GlimmerGrass's Maiden Grow - Crop King Seeds' Early Miss Auto Fem in Coir - 2015

Hi, Big Boned! Welcome!

Here's the early flowering on Charybdis today:

IMG_59966.jpg

So exciting!

They're really flowering, aren't they? YIPPEE!!!

:yahoo:

Yes they are! :yahoo: Dance with me!!! :slide: :slide:

Isn't this the neatest feeling? I still get the sweetest thrill every time. Yours looks so statuesque and luscious! I can't wait until my Carnival sends those stems to the sky!!

Woo hoo! Totally exciting GG your gonna have so much fun i can just see your smile growing everyday as you watch your plant blossom more and more! Good vibes your way!

Thank you so much, danish, Herb, beast, Wrecked, gearth, Sue, lexort and Pigeon, for doing the happy dance of early flowering with me!

I noticed some brown spots on lower leaves -- pH problems.

I just fed them:

mixed up my solution -- tested at 5.5
pHed to 6.0
fed
tested run off -- pH was 6.5

From what I read, I need to keep plants in coco coir between 5.5 and 6.5, letting the pH fluctuate so as not to lock out any specific nutrients.
If the pH going in is within the range and the run off is within the range, all should be good. Do I have it right?

Sounds like your ph is ok. If you could get a photo of the spots on the leaves, that would help. Is it possible some water/feeding got on the leaves? I found it hard to water without spilling a little here or there and it usually left some spots (mostly on lower leaves).

The flowers are showing nicely :bravo:

Sounds like your ph is ok. If you could get a photo of the spots on the leaves, that would help. Is it possible some water/feeding got on the leaves? I found it hard to water without spilling a little here or there and it usually left some spots (mostly on lower leaves).

The flowers are showing nicely :bravo:

I'll take and post a photo tomorrow, thank you! It could certainly be water -- I'm definitely splashing some.

Could be the ol calmag thing too- but a pic would tell the story. I splash leaves all the time leading to burned spots and it's mainly the nutrient mix solution that causes burning- not the water so much.

I'm pretty sure OMU is around here somewhere but let me throw my 2 cents in before he gives you the right answer. :p

It's nothing I would be worried about. Is it the only spot? If so I think you'll do more damage doing a troubleshoot with nutrients. I seldom make it through a grow without a least 1 or 2 spots. I'm sure there's a simple fix but I haven't found it and I'm not complaining. Maybe that approach is too laisse faire.

Please, remind me, you're just a couple weeks into flower. Have you changed the nutrients to reflect the switch? (I should know this. My apologies, I'm going to check after I comment).

No, I haven't been really clear about what I'm doing with nutrients -- it's me, not you!

I've been using a suggested feeding regimen for coco coir using GH nutrients that I took from another site.

The plants are 5 weeks old tomorrow. I reckon they're one week into flowering, so I'm giving them nutrients for early bloom -- per gallon of water:

2.5 ml of FloraMicro
1.25 ml of FloraGrow
2.5 ml of FloraBloom
2.5 ml of CaliMagic

The spotting doesn't seem to be a really big deal (they have a HUGE amount of healthy foliage), but I do want to keep an eye on them, especially since I don't know anything :) The flowers are really coming in nicely -- I'll post more photos tomorrow.

Thanks for the calming words!

Here's the foliage in general:

image776.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom