Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Love it. Getting close to pulling the trigger on a press.
I just clicked the purchase button on my first RosinPress!! Should be here Thursday!

What up grandpa ? Just received my dab press wed. I pressed a few bags of flower and kief. I used 160 micron for flower and 90micron for kief . What temps do you find good for flower/ kief ? I pressed my flower at 180deg. Got budder like finish for flower and shatter like from keif .Oh and im running 6ton press duel .
heating plates .

Awesome!! This is the exact unit I purchased hahaha! 6ton dabpress!

How do you like it so far scrog??

Thanks @Grandpa Tokin i must say I’m as excited as a kid on his birthday haha!

I did have a question for you though!

-Have you pressed live?
-Do you like live over a cured flower
-What have you found the best micron bags are for flower? I’ve read 160 but you posted using 90... is there a reason or just what you purchased at the time

I’ll be sure to post my first press!!

Thanks @Grandpa Tokin i must say I’m as excited as a kid on his birthday haha!

I did have a question for you though!

-Have you pressed live?
-Do you like live over a cured flower
-What have you found the best micron bags are for flower? I’ve read 160 but you posted using 90... is there a reason or just what you purchased at the time

I’ll be sure to post my first press!!

- I have pressed a fresh bud and it was a nogo. Too much green for my taste. I find properly grown and cured to be the best.

- 90 micron bags were what I purchased so that’s what I used. Just like temperature variances with different strains, I find there are bag variations as well. 160 is a good starting point IMO.

Have fun! I can’t wait to see what you get.

- I have pressed a fresh bud and it was a nogo. Too much green for my taste. I find properly grown and cured to be the best.

- 90 micron bags were what I purchased so that’s what I used. Just like temperature variances with different strains, I find there are bag variations as well. 160 is a good starting point IMO.

Have fun! I can’t wait to see what you get.

Awesomeness!! Thanks GT and I’ll be sure to post!

I just clicked the purchase button on my first RosinPress!! Should be here Thursday!

Awesome!! This is the exact unit I purchased hahaha! 6ton dabpress!

How do you like it so far scrog??
By all means I'm no pro , but it beats my wife's hair straightener. Im happy worth the finish product.

Pressing bud that has not been properly dried is not really going to create a product that will be easy to work with or taste good. I've tried it. I prefer to have a week or so of cure at the earliest.

RE bags, there are a few brands out there, different sizes and shapes might work better. I use 160 until I get around to messing with keif.

If I overpack a bag, I get a blowout. There are a ton of videos of people overpacking bags....this is how you get constant blowouts.

Pressing bud that has not been properly dried is not really going to create a product that will be easy to work with or taste good. I've tried it. I prefer to have a week or so of cure at the earliest.

RE bags, there are a few brands out there, different sizes and shapes might work better. I use 160 until I get around to messing with keif.

If I overpack a bag, I get a blowout. There are a ton of videos of people overpacking bags....this is how you get constant blowouts.

Thx nobody! I’ll be sure to pay attention to my bag limits! I didn’t plan on pressing more than 7-10g at a time and this press can do up to 14g easily

Yo! Congratulations! That looks very nice. You’re going to have to play with temps a bit to get it right. My blocks don’t heat the same as yours. My thermocouple reads only one block yadda-yadda...anyway, it appears you are in the ballpark with the temperature. I also find that different strains have slightly different temps too. I’ve never really squeezed Kief so I’m not the guy to ask on that either. But, wow! That stuff looks amazing. I’d probably hit that too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

LMAO!

Cheers! Glad you like it.

I mix when I do alcohol extractions, but I’ve never tried blending rosin. That might be worth an experiment... :hmmmm:
So what would you do....just put buds from different strains in the same bag to be pressed? Sounds easy enough. I have a bowl I throw all my left overs after grinding up buds (generally a little left that won't fit into the bong) and then when I want something but don't have a taste for a particular strain, I grab a bowl full out of there and try to figure out what I am feeling. I would imagine its gotta be a bit like that with a mixture of buds pressed.

So what would you do....just put buds from different strains in the same bag to be pressed? Sounds easy enough. I have a bowl I throw all my left overs after grinding up buds (generally a little left that won't fit into the bong) and then when I want something but don't have a taste for a particular strain, I grab a bowl full out of there and try to figure out what I am feeling. I would imagine its gotta be a bit like that with a mixture of buds pressed.

That sounds fun. I’m sure that would work...and work well. If I had my way I’d probably squeeze individually and mix dabs. However, in the grand scheme of things, I doubt I’d be picky. Especially with the weed you grow. :bong:

I've mixed and pressed a couple 1/8th ounce bags of 'tray fines' consisting of 3-5 different strains (mostly sativa as that is whats on hand now). I have been cutting that 1:1 with some CBD extract I bought that is not full spectrum. It's been working very well at turning off the brain and putting me to sleep.

Now does it have the taste of a single strain when dabbed, no, it's like mixing 5 different types of cereal. But does it get me where I need to be....hell yes.

I've mixed and pressed a couple 1/8th ounce bags of 'tray fines' consisting of 3-5 different strains (mostly sativa as that is whats on hand now). I have been cutting that 1:1 with some CBD extract I bought that is not full spectrum. It's been working very well at turning off the brain and putting me to sleep.

Now does it have the taste of a single strain when dabbed, no, it's like mixing 5 different types of cereal. But does it get me where I need to be....hell yes.
I mix my bud with high CBD bud also. Although I’m not pressing, I just come to stare in the window.:oops: I’ve got a 2:1 that is kicking butt for me right now... I’m finding it eye opening to stop chasing the highest THC strains. There are so many good strains now that I have a hard time just running one strain and really dialing it in.
I have to watch you guys squish some more, so I can figure out my plan of attack.
Nice Dutch!

How much do you squeeze at a time GT?

Also here’s a link to my first attempt with the DabPress!!
Dutchman’s First Rosin Adventure!

I normally do between 5 and 10 grams per bag. I used to weigh everything, but lately I just go by feel. All I need is a little bit... o_O

Today’s press will last a few days easy. I usually hit rosin in the evening, and do flower during the day, but I have no set rules. :headbanger:

I normally do between 5 and 10 grams per bag. I used to weigh everything, but lately I just go by feel. All I need is a little bit... o_O

Today’s press will last a few days easy. I usually hit rosin in the evening, and do flower during the day, but I have no set rules. :headbanger:
Just watched the video @Dutchman1990 and that looks freaking professional AF! I should be asking you questions...for crying out loud!

Awesome!

Oh I’m so glad you liked it!! I’ve got a lot to learn but my first squeeze turned out fantastic and will only improve from here!!
Here’s a few more greasy pictures! I really can’t wait to try this press out more and really appreciate the art of rosin!

Back
Top Bottom