Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

This is how I make my amber oil.

This make a wonderful lite amber oil, very clean. I have a distiller that I recapture the alcohol so my cost are reduced to produce it.

The distiller

Some of the bottles with the oil and alcohol

The finished FECO, 68 grams.

Ahhh, nice color

This batch was made with 6 zip of smokable buds, 8 zips of bud I did not want to trim, mostly popcorn and airy buds, and 3 zips of sugar leaf trim from my Barneys Farm LSD grow. Made some very high THC oil.

I have since made another batch of oil using the crop from my BF LSD Monster Crop grow. Wellness dose 0.2 ml per day, and even though I have been taken this same amount of the same strain oil I still get a morning buz. It is so good and I have enough for another 60 plus gram run.

Awesome! Thanks for posting that.

The only problem with this method is the amount o chlorine extracted along with the the THC.
And yes please use 99% alcohol over the use of naphtha. Naphtha has carcinogenic's in it.
The frozen method reduces the extraction of chlorine dramatically, and you do not let it sit in the jar for days just minutes.
I have done the longer soaks and you end up with "Grease" not oil. Your oil taste very green, I am sure you are still getting all the THC extracted but the frozen method gives you oil not grease. IMHO!

The only problem with this method is the amount o chlorine extracted along with the the THC.
And yes please use 99% alcohol over the use of naphtha. Naphtha has carcinogenic's in it.
The frozen method reduces the extraction of chlorine dramatically, and you do not let it sit in the jar for days just minutes.
I have done the longer soaks and you end up with "Grease" not oil. Your oil taste very green, I am sure you are still getting all the THC extracted but the frozen method gives you oil not grease. IMHO!
Oh I wasn't recommending the method described in that thread, just answering nobodyhere's question on what FECO is. The search function doesn't seem to work for him.

Thank you for pointing out the differences though. Some of the older threads aren't the most accurate anymore.

I think I’d much prefer to get a dab at a wedding...what a great idea!

Welcome MrSauga! Congratulations on MOTM win too. The more the merrier. As you can tell, some of us get pretty excited over rosin...I know I do.
:thanks:
I'm sure it's something I'll dibble and dab in. It looks easy enough to do, but I need to get a supply built up. I smoke more than I can grow, but I do have a solution... grow more!

EDIT:
I had forgotten to congratulate you as well... here! Well done Grandpa! I have lots to learn.

I'll visit that link shortly.. but I love smoking joints. Blunts, big as cigar doobies, the daddy grande... I quit smoking and find this takes over for that. I like to try a variety of things but always end up with a RAW by my side.

I too prefer joints, 70 to 80% of what I smoke is joints.
Yes you have to grow more.
Now that I have go the bug I will have to add it to my joints, pipe and my FECO consumption.
Life is a bitch but then you die! Or, life is a beach so stay there.

I'll visit that link shortly.. but I love smoking joints. Blunts, big as cigar doobies, the daddy grande... I quit smoking and find this takes over for that. I like to try a variety of things but always end up with a RAW by my side.
Don't get me wrong, I be rolling a hella blunt for tonight when the kids go down....

Shopping pre-made gear as we speak. Not really finding much better than the DabPress guys and I'm diggin their prices mostly. A little worried about the 6 ton jack... is that enough? Whattayathink?
I upgraded to a 12 ton nugsmasher after using their mini 2 ton for 2 months.

Do you feel 12 ton is more than enough, or just right? Also, what quantities are you pressing?
The 2 ton could do plugs pre pressed of a gram or up to 3.5g at a time. While perfectly fine, it's more cost effective and time too to have a larger press. Now I press up to a half ounce at a time. I've only used it to press a half a few times, but it has no issues with it...couple pages back in my perp thread I took photos doing one.

I normally do between 5 and 10 grams per bag. I used to weigh everything, but lately I just go by feel. All I need is a little bit... o_O

Today’s press will last a few days easy. I usually hit rosin in the evening, and do flower during the day, but I have no set rules. :headbanger:
Do you find that the rosin high is different from the flower high Gramps? And if so..how? Curious as to why you choose the evening for the dab press vs flower (remember, no throwing anything me....I have never smoked anything but flower). Thanks ya old fart...errr....Gramps.

Do you find that the rosin high is different from the flower high Gramps? And if so..how? Curious as to why you choose the evening for the dab press vs flower (remember, no throwing anything me....I have never smoked anything but flower). Thanks ya old fart...errr....Gramps.

That’s a great question. The high is only different in that the rosin dab is powerful...errr...more powerful than the flower (and this GG flower will slap you hard...hard as woodpecker lips! :cheesygrinsmiley: ). Alas, that’s not why, lately, I hit the rosin in the evenings though. You see...it’s 94 steps to my weed area—in sub zero conditions—with only the moon to guide my way. Oh, and at the moment it’s a blizzard with a shit-ton-o-snow-a-blow’n. :rofl:

My wife put her foot down a few years ago and I’m absolutely forbidden to smoke weed in, or near, the house. But...she didn’t say nothin about Rosin! LOL! Seriously, I hit the rosin in the garage in the evening just so I don’t have to walk down to the barn. It stinks a lot less so she hasn’t noticed or hasn’t said anything yet. Plus, I’m delicate and shit...

It’s 0300 and I’m an insomniac. I actually slept about 4 hours though so that’s great. Anyway, i Just got back from the garage before I came in here. Two little dabs and I’m tuned into the right station. It’ll help put me back to sleep in a little while. Or, I’ll fart around online for hours...

Back
Top Bottom