Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Hmmm... those run about 25 buck down in the French Qtr. That place is just too crazy to visit right now.

3x5 6Ton hydralic from DabPress
ah....ok.....6 ton sounds nice....I felt my 2 ton was underpowered, more heat than press was needed most of the time.

You will like it. A lot. Mine is now permanently placed in the corner of the master bedroom....lol.

I collected many opinions... some here... many elsewhere, and then settled on a price / size I could live with. I wanna press 7g safely, so the 3x5 plates seem adequate, and the 6tons is good. I can't wait!
7 g is a good amount to press-that is my most used size of the three. Just remember-play w the temp and pay attention to the temp and what your result looks/feels like.

When your done pressing, are the pucks worthless? Or can you run a solvent extract on them?

I chuck mine, but I know I can reclaim a bit if I wanted to. There's people that use the PSB (previously squeezed bud) in all sorts of recipes.

Great post here, happy to find it. I grow for the oil!

When your done pressing, are the pucks worthless? Or can you run a solvent extract on them?

I save my pucks and bags in a jar and then do an everclear run. I think I show that in my oil thread somewhere.

I chuck mine, but I know I can reclaim a bit if I wanted to. There's people that use the PSB (previously squeezed bud) in all sorts of recipes.

Great post here, happy to find it. I grow for the oil!

Glad you’re here!

Anyone here convert their squeezins into vape juice? Tead wants to take his roaming. Wondering what folk's specific VG/PG/whatever mix is.

I've got all the supplies to include empty or blank cartridges, but I've never got around to it. I follow a thread elsewhere where there are instructions on how to do it, but I've yet to try it. I have a decent pen I can load with dabs, on the go, which works pretty good. Im sure that's part of the reason why I haven't followed through with making my own carts.

Your PID says 275/280 is that what your press at??? Just curious I hope not and if so let’s lower that and save your terps!

Yea, thanks for pointing that out. Im lower now, around the 200 range. It varies from strain but, I don't really trust that PID so I use a heat gun to get a better idea.

What temps do you recommend I'm always listening.....

Preston just did a vape juice run with kief here, not sure why the same couldn't be done with rosin.

Interesting. I make an oil like that from my magic butter machine that works in vape pens like that. It's not very potent though. It's more infused coconut oil then anything. But, I've experimented with flavoring it. Still not potent enough for me.

I'm looking at 510 threaded carts and filling those. Or have looked into it. To be honest, now that my state is full rec and medical, I'll buy a cart here or there bc it's relatively cheap, and much more professionally done then what I'll make, or buy on the street. I have enough at home that I've pressed for myself. The pens/carts are convenient thou, when I'm traveling or just lazy. Plus I like to experience some of the crazy carts out there. Still a weed snob, just not with carts bc that's all processed stuff.

Back
Top Bottom