Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

how are you preheating your material pre-squish?
Yes, I have done 45-60 seconds when I first feel resistance in the plates.
Are you closing the plates on your product so it has a pressure preload for 45 seconds before you push?
After the initial light pressure and pre-heat then I press down for about 90 seconds at what I think would be 70-80% of what I want my max to be. Still learning the feel since I don't have a gauge.
I find the more slowly I get up to max pressure from there the better the pressing will be.
Is it the same for you?
That is what I have been trying to do. Maybe I'm doing too much pressure from the onset? Not sure.

Can you tell us more about this?
I don’t know what I’m looking at. Are you cooking it?
First run after 20 hrs on the hot plate at 170°. You can see that it has clarified since last night. It is a process or curing rosin. Said to intensify flavor and a smoother smoke. After review, I probably should have gone much cooler. I'm turning it off and see how it looks and tastes later.

2nd run looks good too! I'll be trying this in vape carts.

Next time, I'm going to go for a 100°-110° hot cure and see how that looks and tastes.

'm going to go for a 100°-110° hot cure and see
@DonkeyDick I accidentally hit publish before editing.
I see you went back and tapped a bit on. Are those numbers F, C or K baked?

Really though what I want to know is what is “cured” here? Your flower was cured that much I understand.
IDK whether your temps are below decarbing (I think I have a handle on that chemistry) or if you’re cooking it?
I’ve seen people say they’ll “cure” a pot of rosin by whipping it and putting it in the fridge overnight. It can turn a runnier batch into something thicker but as far as I can tell this is from oxidative damage and mechanical factors (aeration).
Surely any ‘cure’ as such is done while it’s still flower?

That looks really nice! How do you process the puck after? It cant be fully expended yet I would imagine? Alcohol soak for later cleaning up?

If I got a squish like that I'd be one happy guy. Dang how do you do that? I think I have the same press. Not even close dude.
I know right? It has a lot to do with the weed…and this stuff is stellar. Grown by @Van Stank and did I mention it’s really good weed? :Namaste: LOL!
That looks really nice! How do you process the puck after? It cant be fully expended yet I would imagine? Alcohol soak for later cleaning up?
I save the pucks in a mason jar for later alcohol (Everclear) extraction. There’s a lot of good stuff left in them. I usually save several pucks so I can do a larger extraction. It’s best to save them in the freezer, but not absolutely necessary.

Good thinking, PlanetJ.
I know you didn’t ask me, but I’ve got two cents to spend. You can also stick with the solventless theme and infuse your spent pucks into edible oil. That’s what I do. I fortify that oil with decarbed rosin for use as a pain drop, add lecithin to some for capsules, and use the base oil in cooking. It’s very potent!

Happy Friday Grandpa and Friends! Its good to be back pressing. Girl Scout Cookies. I'm happy with this press but wow Grandpa your last press was insane! I did a lazy trim on this plant so I pick off any sweet leafs and keep those for oil while I'm making my puck

20220107_092928.jpg
20220107_095742.jpg
20220107_095848.jpg
20220107_100601.jpg

Back
Top Bottom