Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I had a look at the Dulytek offerings. Their plates seem OK. I don't want a manual press. Their 5 ton hydraulic press seems under powered, and their 20 ton is to rich for my pocketbook. Their seven ton might have been a contender, but I like the Dabpress 10 ton unit better. I do like the looks of the Dulytek, and that the heater controls are built in. I also like the digital pressure display on their high end units as well.

To me, it just seems as though the Dabpress units are more cost effective.

I am trying Dab Press cause they gave it to me. I probably wouldn't be trying any pressing if I had to buy it. I am very happy smoking out of my bong.....smoke a bowl, I am good for 2-5 hours depending on the strain.

I know that a lot of the members on here like to buy from sponsors that ante up in the contests....which Dab Press did. Could have been one of the reasons more of the members choose their stuff.
I did research on both units. What I came to decide on was building materials and quality. I personally and this is MY OPINION thought that DabPress has a better unit. It looks more user friendly and the reviews I have seen for DabPress compared to Dulytek are much better!
I had a look at the Dulytek offerings. Their plates seem OK. I don't want a manual press. Their 5 ton hydraulic press seems under powered, and their 20 ton is to rich for my pocketbook. Their seven ton might have been a contender, but I like the Dabpress 10 ton unit better. I do like the looks of the Dulytek, and that the heater controls are built in. I also like the digital pressure display on their high end units as well.

To me, it just seems as though the Dabpress units are more cost effective.

:thanks: everyone!

Good information. Exactly what I was looking for. I agree with Old Salt that the Duly's look great, more marketable if you will, but overall, as everyone pointed to in their own way, looks don't beat performance and price!
Thanks again all!

Dulytek is also a sponsor here and nobody mentions them.

I know, I know...

They need to send one of their new 20 ton units to a member for review.

Hey, guess what? I specifically mentioned that I'd be happy to do a one-of review for a rosin press.

Pick me! Pick me! My next harvest will be ready in a few short weeks :D

Hey, guess what? I specifically mentioned that I'd be happy to do a one-of review for a rosin press.
I don't want to tag Teddy as I'm sure he gets plenty of requests, but it might not be a bad idea to throw him a PM for the suggestion. If Duly knows that if it's a matter of a review before people will make a purchase maybe they wont hesitate to offer one up.

I hear everyone talking about DabPress... Dulytek is also a sponsor here and nobody mentions them. They have hands free units as well. Is there a reason why everyone chooses DabPress? Just curious really, since I haven't tried it. But if I do, it would be good to hear opinions on both if possible.

For me, it was the open simple design of the DabPress rig. Simplicity, the ideas behind KISS, and a few dimes made the difference.

My 2 cents on sizing presses, assuming press weight in tons has about +/- 15% accuracy within press types as manually operated, 8 tons seems to be where below that you start having to use more temp to make up for the press pressure.

I get yields that are about 20% higher using a "12 ton manual" vs a "2 ton manual" with the same material and bags, but I am doing it nearly 35 degrees lower temp with the 12 ton.

I get yields that are about 20% higher using a "12 ton manual" vs a "2 ton manual" with the same material and bags, but I am doing it nearly 35 degrees lower temp with the 12 ton.

That's good to know. :thanks:

So is the heat activating the THC?
If so, doesn’t that speed up the shelf life?
If not, can you cold press? I know someone’s squeezed a cold bud...,
No, the THCA is converted to THC when you vaporize it. The heat during pressing just allows the rosin to flow more freely.

Salt has it right...but the theory is to 'colder' press so you are leaving more terps and mojo shit in there.

Thc is activated when touching the rosin,bhp,pho....oil to the 1000deg. Nector collector / banger.

Alright, Stank popped his rosin cherry tonight. No pics....was trying not to break anything the first time.

I pressed 3 grams of Black Cherry Punch, put it in the 160 micron bag and pressed it at 200. I think it ended up going about 3 min because I wasn't really seeing much and wasn't sure it was working correctly. Finally started seeing some coming out the sides around the 2 min mark (? wasn't really tracking) and let go for a bit longer.

Didn't think I got much at first til I started rolling it on that little carving tool. Didn't get to weigh it as that stuff is sticky as all hell and wanted to glue to anything it came in contact with. Wrestled with it for a few minutes to get it off the tool and into the jar.

Smoked a small hit....what a difference in taste! Taste is similar to what I get on the Tru'Va flower vape pen....but much cleaner and pronounced. Very easy on the lungs. Waited about 15 min to get a good gauge on the high and then took a 2nd very small hit off the other tool that had a little tiny bit left on it. Highs are similar but different. I think I said to Ms Stank that it seemed clearer.

All in all very pleased with the first attempt. Gonna save the baggies and run them through some everclear when I make more oil. Cheers!:roorrip:

That's what I'm looking forward to! Ever since my first dab I've been wanting more. If only my plants were finishing already! I can buy a press right now, but there really is no point until I'm much closer to having a large source of flowers to squish. I'm not spending 100 bucks for a quarter just to squish it. I dont know what I'm doing yet and I feel like I'd just be pissing money away.

That's what I'm looking forward to! Ever since my first dab I've been wanting more. If only my plants were finishing already! I can buy a press right now, but there really is no point until I'm much closer to having a large source of flowers to squish. I'm not spending 100 bucks for a quarter just to squish it. I dont know what I'm doing yet and I feel like I'd just be pissing money away.

I think you’re right. Wait for the sale next month. You gotta wait for the weed anyway.

Wait! Is that what weed goes for now? 100 a quarter? Damn I need to go into business... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wait! Is that what weed goes for now? 100 a quarter? Damn I need to go into business...

Yeah, if it's any good at all its a hundred. Not sure of the costs in other areas, but around here that's the running price. Of course I usually just opt for the ounce. Price goes way down then. My guy will give me an ounce for 275. Either way, its gonna be a lot cheaper growing my own.

Back
Top Bottom