Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

My wife would kick my ass if I put that monster in the kitchen...just sayin. :laugh:
LOL, it's in the basement. My area... It moves easy enough with hand trucks. I've got it tucked inconspicuously in a corner.
:thumb:

But not fingers.
I'll never forget the press when I toured the Amana fridge factory in Iowa. They had an enormous press that took a single flat sheet of metal and stamped it into the entire outside of the refrigerator. When it came down the entire factory floor shook. It took two people to load the metal, one on either side of the press, and in order to operate it, there were four big red buttons on the topside of the press opening that needed to be pressed at the same time, one for each hand. All clear!

I'll never forget the press when I toured the Amana fridge factory in Iowa. They had an enormous press that took a single flat sheet of metal and stamped it into the entire outside of the refrigerator. When it came down the entire factory floor shook. It took two people to load the metal, one on either side of the press, and in order to operate it, there were four big red buttons on the topside of the press opening that needed to be pressed at the same time, one for each hand. All clear!

Shit like that is cool...i've seen a couple large die presses like that and a few very large hammer presses for a forge that made rifle receivers a la 1940.

Just be sure and read all the instructions, safety goggles, glove up, wear a condom and be careful....cause shit is hot and under pressure! Don't operate overly stoned.

Ow, Ow, Ow. Time to go to the shop to cut and bend some metal for a control/interconnect box. I've got to finish that light.
I was considering a way to mount it when I see how much cord I have to work with after weaving.
:thumb:

This is going to be epic my friends. I can’t wait to see all the new toys and especially what you kiddies squeeze. In honor of all you newbie squeezers, Grandpa just had to smash some more GG4...it’s what I do... :cheesygrinsmiley: Enjoy!

The top patty is what’s leftover from my last squeeze.

10 grams of GG4 squished out a 24% return this time. I’m good with that. :woohoo:

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I sure did. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I got around to another squeeze today! Pulled out some Pineapple Express and it turned out some absolutely amazing rosin this week! Check it out!

Warning:
Drool buckets are required

Hey look what I found on my doorstep... :yahoo:
I don’t have time to monkey with it yet.
796472F4-C99F-4AE7-9E50-80592EC99974.jpeg

Hey look what I found on my doorstep... :yahoo:
I don’t have time to monkey with it yet.
796472F4-C99F-4AE7-9E50-80592EC99974.jpeg
Mine's still in China:(
They didn't have any in their Canadian warehouse.
Northern Tool hasn't shipped my pump yet.

Both have my money o_O:eek::(

So... been way dabbed out lately. Having a press and a good supply of press-able material leaves one that way.

I was pressing some fresh bud the other day. It had dried. The stems snapped. It pressed up fine, but when I went to collect it, I had an oily mess on my hands. No amount of scrapping at any temperature led to anything other than smearing the oily goo. Now, it took me a while to catch on to what was going on. I've currently got 6 sheets of oily goo.

I had to test things. I used some well aged material and had no problems. I assume some remaining moisture in the material is the cause of my woes.

What to do? I tried melting it off the paper in a 170f oven.... no joy. Freezing had little effect. The only thing I can think of is an alcohol bath and evaporation.

Any ideas?

So... been way dabbed out lately. Having a press and a good supply of press-able material leaves one that way.

I was pressing some fresh bud the other day. It had dried. The stems snapped. It pressed up fine, but when I went to collect it, I had an oily mess on my hands. No amount of scrapping at any temperature led to anything other than smearing the oily goo. Now, it took me a while to catch on to what was going on. I've currently got 6 sheets of oily goo.

I had to test things. I used some well aged material and had no problems. I assume some remaining moisture in the material is the cause of my woes.

What to do? I tried melting it off the paper in a 170f oven.... no joy. Freezing had little effect. The only thing I can think of is an alcohol bath and evaporation.

Any ideas?

I’ve had hard to collect stuff, but never completely not able to get it off. I’ve heated my Dabber/collection tool slightly to try to get it to stick a little and then a snap-n-pull with a rolling motion. Let it sit for a few days in a dark, cool place. It should harden slightly.

Back
Top Bottom