Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I was a bit busy today...

full

full

105 / 14.79 = 14.1% yield. That was not very good.

Presses were at 200°F, 1 min warmup, 3 min at 1000PSI, 1 min at 2500PSI. I got better yields earlier at 210°F.

The aluminum plate cooled in the deep freeze worked like a charm. Whenever the rosin wouldn't pull up, I moved the parchment to the plate, and worked it there until it turned into a shatter-like consistency. I then moved back to the table top. One frozen 3/4" plate was good for 42-56gm of flower.

Collection is more time consuming than pressing.

I was a bit busy today...

full

full

105 / 14.79 = 14.1% yield. That was not very good.

Presses were at 200°F, 1 min warmup, 3 min at 1000PSI, 1 min at 2500PSI. I got better yields earlier at 210°F.

The aluminum plate cooled in the deep freeze worked like a charm. Whenever the rosin wouldn't pull up, I moved the parchment to the plate, and worked it there until it turned into a shatter-like consistency. I then moved back to the table top. One frozen 3/4" plate was good for 42-56gm of flower.

Collection is more time consuming than pressing.
Almost 15 grams of rosin is gonna last a good while . Will these silicone cups hold that much ?

Almost 15 grams of rosin is gonna last a good while . Will these silicone cups hold that much ?

This is one of the larger ones I have. It's about 2" (50mm) across the flats.

This will be enough to make about 400 capsules, or a 4-5 month supply. That's a job for tomorrow.

I've switched to storing in between two cuts of silicone mat flat instead. Seems to keep the air out and it nice and amber and not all weirdly thickened up. What's everyone else do?

All depends on my temp strain it seems like. I have some that looks stable like chatter then over night it budders up. I have had it stay like chatter till it's gone. Either way it gets me baked. :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb: :nerd-with-glasses:

This is one of the larger ones I have. It's about 2" (50mm) across the flats.

This will be enough to make about 400 capsules, or a 4-5 month supply. That's a job for tomorrow.
When you start to do the capsules would you do a few in this thread ? I believe I saw some capsule work in @Preston9mm thread and I think he was in oil !

When you start to do the capsules would you do a few in this thread ? I believe I saw some capsule work in @Preston9mm thread and I think he was in oil !
Yeah buddy. I make mine with grapeseed oil because we use that for topical applications too. Makes great massage oil.
:thumb:

Yeah buddy. I make mine with grapeseed oil because we use that for topical applications too. Makes great massage oil.
:thumb:
The dosing will be a little lighter in oil or the same as rosin ?

Trippled, I want to make some oil to mix with stuff or for caps. I decarbed some rosin and mixed with oil and made little chocolates but used too much oil to the amount of rosin so you needed a ton of the chocolates. The magic ratio for like 3 grams of rosin would be amazing.

Yes Please do I just bought a huge thing of coconut oil from Costco today in hope to make some 00 caps with rosin. :passitleft: :Namaste:
That’s what I like to see everybody’s in , I figured earlier I have 505 grams total that’s getting squished and need to make use of all of it . Also planning to do 56 grams of the real three year old OG I have guarantee to be 27% thc . But it stays separate of this other 505 grams and one oz of white widow also separate .
I have the grape seed oil @InTheShed

Yes Please do I just bought a huge thing of coconut oil from Costco today in hope to make some 00 caps with rosin. :passitleft: :Namaste:

Trippled, I want to make some oil to mix with stuff or for caps. I decarbed some rosin and mixed with oil and made little chocolates but used too much oil to the amount of rosin so you needed a ton of the chocolates. The magic ratio for like 3 grams of rosin would be amazing.

This is how I did it. A re-post from page 123.

full

I'm currently using Size 2 capsules with 150mg of decarboxylated, ground flower. The problem has been inconsistent dosing, as some capsules had far more trichomes in them than others. My goal was to produce consistent meds with strength equal to to the average of my current capsules. The image shows my computations and materials used.

I had about 5ml left after filling the hundred capsules. This represents the extra 3ml of coconut oil I used, and the volume of the rosin. This gave me an extra 14 capsules.

I used what I had on hand. This was a learning experience. Next time I plan on using coconut oil that is solid at room temperatures. I want to see how the capsules survive at room temperature. Water would dissolve them, so an air-tight container will be used to keep the humidity out.

Addition: The cooktop is used to de-carb the rosin. That takes about 15 minutes at 230°F or until it stops bubbling. I heat the oil up at the same time. When the de-carb is complete, I pour the oil into the rosin, stirring well with a glass rod. I let it cool to about 100°F, and use the syringe to fill the capsules. You need to do this at a temperature where the meds still flow easily.

full

I'm currently using Size 2 capsules with 150mg of decarboxylated, ground flower. The problem has been inconsistent dosing, as some capsules had far more trichomes in them than others. My goal was to produce consistent meds with strength equal to to the average of my current capsules. The image shows my computations and materials used.

I had about 5ml left after filling the hundred capsules. This represents the extra 3ml of coconut oil I used, and the volume of the rosin. This gave me an extra 14 capsules.

I used what I had on hand. This was a learning experience. Next time I plan on using coconut oil that is solid at room temperatures. I want to see how the capsules survive at room temperature. Water would dissolve them, so an air-tight container will be used to keep the humidity out.

Addition: The cooktop is used to de-carb the rosin. That takes about 15 minutes at 230°F or until it stops bubbling. I heat the oil up at the same time. When the de-carb is complete, I pour the oil into the rosin, stirring well with a glass rod. I let it cool to about 100°F, and use the syringe to fill the capsules. You need to do this at a temperature where the meds still flow easily.
Great presentation Thanks Old Salt for that .

The dosing will be a little lighter in oil or the same as rosin ?
My capsules are around 15 mg/ml. I'm guessing rosin will be much stronger.

My capsules are around 15 mg/ml. I'm guessing rosin will be much stronger.
That’s what I’m afraid of , maybe make a very small amount and test . This rosin kicks my ass smoking it , the wife smokes it all day long . I smoke the widow during the day and the rosin at night like right now wasted !

full

Perfect. Bookmarked!

I can’t believe you squished that many pucks. Very nice!

I did a 10 gram puck of some GSC today. I love this stuff. Broke the bag, but I don’t even care.

Back
Top Bottom