Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

My professional recommendation is to start slowly. Do something you know you can do and then do it again. Before long you’ll be able to increase the intensity tremendously. Consistency is the key...yadda-yadda! You guys know the deal. :love:

For me it’ll just be getting out and walking again. Rona has turned me into a couch tater.
Exactly where I started brother. Slowly increasing distance and speed over time. :headbanger:

DDA is looking spectacular gramps. I was smoking a pack a day when I started a couch to 5k program. A couple years later I ran a 50k race. I don’t run much anymore but still work out 5 days a week. Running was the key to help me quit tobacco.

Leg day ladies. I did 120 squats and 120 leg lifts (10 reps of each, every 5 minutes) during my hour-long walk on the treadmill (at 3.5 mph) this morning. I’m not going to lie...it almost killed me. At about the 40 minute mark I wanted to quit doing the exercises. I felt good enough to keep walking, but my inner fat-boy voice was trying hard to convince me to give up the hard part. I persevered and made myself finish. Afterwards I was seriously proud of myself. Like I won something. Get off the couch and drive it like you stole it guys! :headbanger:

Beautiful morning here in the Rockies. I also got a nice surprise this morning. Almost like finding a $100 bill in my pocket. Okay, really kinda like a stoner moment, but it was nice nonetheless. I realized that I’ve been cheating myself by not counting all my reps during my “every 5 minute” routine every morning. I haven’t been counting the first set of 20 pushups, for instance; before I get on the treadmill. So I’ve just been counting 12 sets instead of 13...duh! :rofl: Needless to say, I realigned the earth again with 260 pushups in an hour while walking at 3.5 mph. We’re all hurtling through space together...

Yesterday was an intense workout. I incorporated shoulders into my “every five minute” routine again. So now I’m pretty much hitting all major muscle groups every week and that seems to be working. I notice it that’s for sure. I’m holding steady on my weight at 175-180 lbs. That seems to be a good place for me although, I still need to take a little more fat off around my waist. The most important part is that I feel so much better. Like night and day. Be safe!

Back
Top Bottom