Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Try pre-pressing the bag/bud cold to make it flatter first. I have a 20 ton press and almost never have a blowout...although, it has happened. I like the raw parchment better. It seems to be easier to collect the goodness. Hope that helps.
Seems to happen a lot when squishing with a hair straightener. The plates slide laterally when ya try to squish with any real pressure. Opens up the pouch 99% of the time.
:passitleft:

Question of gramps or any edible enthusiasts. It's easier for me to not have to decarb before making the oils. Can I just decarb my dabs or make shatter with the ever clear and THEN decarb it. My thought is less terpenes less smell....

Thanks peeps.

Hope your summer is going well gramps, and you can cast out sooner than later.

Question of gramps or any edible enthusiasts. It's easier for me to not have to decarb before making the oils. Can I just decarb my dabs or make shatter with the ever clear and THEN decarb it. My thought is less terpenes less smell....

Thanks peeps.

Hope your summer is going well gramps, and you can cast out sooner than later.

That’s exactly how I do it Dabs. I make the shatter like the pictures above and then decarb it. I haven’t decarbed weed in a long while.

That’s exactly how I do it Dabs. I make the shatter like the pictures above and then decarb it. I haven’t decarbed weed in a long while.
You da man gramps! Stay toking bud :Namaste::ganjamon:

What's happening Pops.. Long time... See you are well now, ish... LOL... Hope you are over the internal healing, and all is well... I kinda perused to catch up on the last five pages, and your buds are looking good... I wonder, as I looked at your last few pics on making oil, are you soaking the trim in EC first then teabagging it into the jar before your final decarb??? And what do you do with the trim ??? Some people use it for different things.. Any way , Thats kinda what it looks like, but being an extreme noob on the making of edibles/Dab oil it is kinda hard to distinguish between the first two or three pics... I also noticed that you dont document your starting numbers either... Like the amount of trim to the amount of EC maybe ?? I am aware that you have been doing it long enough to " eye ball " stuff like most folks associate with cooking, however it would be helpful for me if you would take the time for us Noobs... Man you know I really appreciate you, and am blessed to have crossed your path... Good Green day, and to all

What's happening Pops.. Long time... See you are well now, ish... LOL... Hope you are over the internal healing, and all is well... I kinda perused to catch up on the last five pages, and your buds are looking good... I wonder, as I looked at your last few pics on making oil, are you soaking the trim in EC first then teabagging it into the jar before your final decarb??? And what do you do with the trim ??? Some people use it for different things.. Any way , Thats kinda what it looks like, but being an extreme noob on the making of edibles/Dab oil it is kinda hard to distinguish between the first two or three pics... I also noticed that you dont document your starting numbers either... Like the amount of trim to the amount of EC maybe ?? I am aware that you have been doing it long enough to " eye ball " stuff like most folks associate with cooking, however it would be helpful for me if you would take the time for us Noobs... Man you know I really appreciate you, and am blessed to have crossed your path... Good Green day, and to all

Hi Hacker! Great questions. I do a quick wash. 20-30 seconds max. Basically, I just let it sit and I don’t even swirl it much anymore. After it’s soaked I start filtering, first through a strainer and then three separate filterings with coffee filters. I’m looking for a really nice hydrated piss color after filtering. Then, it’s ready to be heated slightly (double boiler) to evaporate the EC. Usually, it takes about 2 hours to completely reduce down enough to start scraping up the goodness. Make sense? (*Caution* mixing heat & alcohol is dangerous! No open flames!) Check out my oil tutorial:

Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

I used to redo the whole process and do a second batch using the same product. The only difference being I would shake more green out of it. Now I normally just throw the used trim away after the first quick wash. Only because I have an abundance of trim to use. I have a freezer full of trim and bud...I’m not complaining, it is what it is.

I will try to remember to weigh everything next batch. I’ve been experimenting so long it’s hard for me to stay focused. :thumb: However, I understand where your coming from. Hope that helps a little.

Hi Hacker! Great questions. I do a quick wash. 20-30 seconds max. Basically, I just let it sit and I don’t even swirl it much anymore. After it’s soaked I start filtering, first through a strainer and then three separate filterings with coffee filters. I’m looking for a really nice hydrated piss color after filtering. Then, it’s ready to be heated slightly (double boiler) to evaporate the EC. Usually, it takes about 2 hours to completely reduce down enough to start scraping up the goodness. Make sense? (*Caution* mixing heat & alcohol is dangerous! No open flames!) Check out my oil tutorial:

Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

I used to redo the whole process and do a second batch using the same product. The only difference being I would shake more green out of it. Now I normally just throw the used trim away after the first quick wash. Only because I have an abundance of trim to use. I have a freezer full of trim and bud...I’m not complaining, it is what it is.

I will try to remember to weigh everything next batch. I’ve been experimenting so long it’s hard for me to stay focused. :thumb: However, I understand where your coming from. Hope that helps a little.
Nice tutorial. Simple and clear. Thank you again for the everyday wisom and blessings of health to ya GT!

:hug: I hope you're DIGGIN' your summer so far, I'm chillin' with the horses they love their carrots but HAY what do I know...hahahaha
Much love GrandpaT!

LOL! Hi G! Things are busy, but I’m doing well. Glad you’re hanging with the horses again.

Nice tutorial. Simple and clear. Thank you again for the everyday wisom and blessings of health to ya GT!

Thanks @BuckeyeJ

Back
Top Bottom