Graytail Goes LED - 810W Intelligent-Gro II w/ High Brix

Wow congrats on the beautiful Destroyer chop Gray!! I'm seriously getting high off of those gorgeous pictures. It's a heart high as I call it, because I'm in love with those pics lol.

And so glad to hear you moved Blue Blood into some good soil, it was hard seeing that one suffer! But like Mr. Teddy said, tough love's sometimes the answer. I hope things turn around for it.

Hope you've been well Gray! :Namaste::passitleft:

Awesome read GT. Happy to see you loving your new tech, and that your girls are doing better. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that was expecting the higher brix readings, and trichome denisity, but - I'm very excited to hear of your impressions, once you have a chance to cure and smoke some.

Also, December first is coming, and if you don't post Destroyer, I'll post her for you. ;)

Hey GT do I remember reading you reveg your plants frequently after flowering? If so what kind of success % do you get, my plushberry clones all of a sudden don't look like they are going to make it a day after I decided to flip the mom. I cut a couple more tonight but shes only been flipped for a day or two and I am thinking about pulling her back out to the veg tent to be sure I have a replacement. If you have good success with reveging then at least I would have somewhat of a backup plan but still not sure I want to risk it I would be bummed if I lost her.

I'm not the guy who reveges frequently. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I had great success with my first try with a SLH, but the next two, Utopia Haze and Jamaican Dream, both just dried up and died. The Destroyer I just chopped looked pretty good, so I put that back into veg and it took immediately, growing new leaves already. But ... I had a light timer problem and it went into reveg before I chopped it so ... heheh ... that musta sorta helped a bit. :laughtwo:

I believe the plant has to still be vigorous when it's chopped, to have a good reveg. The UH was completely finished and I don't think she had the juice to do anything more, bud or leaf.

The current reveg Master has gotta be BAR - he's done 3-veges, fer cryin' out loud. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Makes sense, Thanks!

I do want to try revegging a plant or two, one of these days but I don't really want to risk my PB that I can't replace on it.

I put her back in the veg tent at least for another week till I am sure I have a healthy replacement. She only had I think one night, maybe two of reduced time so hopefully it wont mess her up to much. I might just leave her out all together this round I have a feeling my blue dream is going to be a monster and I already don't have much vertical room left so I will need to spread her out. Decisions Decisions... I better go :lot-o-toke: on it :Namaste:

:thanks: Again! :peace:

Finally, an update! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've been busy, but mostly I got tired of looking at ugly plants - it's demoralizing. I already have more stash than I can smoke in the foreseeable future, so the reward is in growing gorgeous plants, and these have not been gorgeous. :laughtwo: But the youngin's have finally grown up enough to bloom, I have a nice new batch of well-cooked soil, and R/O water. I also have both heat and humidity control in the bloom room. Things are lookin' up!

I have these last three ugly sick plants that are only alive because I had nothing else to put under the I-Gro. Carnival is a goner, though, so she'll get the chop sometime this week. Grapefruit will follow as soon as I feel like doing another trim. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm not sure what I'll do with Buddha Haze. The photoperiod problem built some nice new growth in the lower stalk, so I may chop before the new growth fully blooms and reveg her - I lost the cuttings. Anyway, here they are. Those who are sensitive to such things should probably shield their eyes - fair warning. :straightface:

Carn6 - 196 days old - 69 days 12/12 - 58 since pistils
DSCN6838.JPG

DSCN6839.JPG

DSCN6840.JPG

DSCN6842.JPG

GF3 - 166 days old - 73 days 12/12 - 52 since pistils
DSCN68321.JPG

DSCN6833.JPG

DSCN6835.JPG

DSCN6836.JPG

Buddha Haze - 150 days old - 73 days 12/12 - 62 since pistils
DSCN68431.JPG

DSCN6844.JPG

DSCN6845.JPG

DSCN6846.JPG

DSCN68471.JPG

I have two more iffy ones. These are the two that I moved into new soil - the Utopia Haze went into some decent used soil and the Blue Blood went into new almost-cooked soil. They both took to it very well. :cheesygrinsmiley: Utopia Haze is a mess though. I thought about trimming her down and vegging her some more, but I'm simply tired of nursing this one. Ima gonna let her run in all her unkempt glory - probably live to regret it. I'll just stake 'er down as best I can and hope to get through it.

UHCut1 - 132 days old
DSCN6848.JPG

DSCN6849.JPG

DSCN68501.JPG

DSCN6851.JPG

Blue Blood looks pretty good, albeit a bit worse for wear. I'm letting her grow naturally for the same reason - tired of messing with her. I hope the cuts take. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Blue Blood - 138 days old
DSCN68531.JPG

DSCN6854.JPG

DSCN6855.JPG

DSCN6856.JPG

The next three would have been Nexus, NepJam and Dest1, but NepJam bit the bullet. One day I checked and saw that it was totally limp, every leaf drooping. Ack! So I watered it down, as well as the others. But ... it didn't recover and the others didn't need water. The sucker just up and died for some reason. I left it in the pot for another week, but the only result was virtually no roots when I finally dumped the pot. Dunno - go figure - sometimes that happens. :cheesygrinsmiley: So, here's Nexus and Dest1.

Nepalese Jam - 108 days old - WTF - ?

DSCN68261.JPG

Nexus has been growing very much like an indica - very bushy - and it reached a point where the apical was barely higher than many of the side branches, so I topped it a few nodes down, and I'll give it another week in veg.

Nexus - 116 days old
DSCN6863.JPG

DSCN6864.JPG

DSCN6865.JPG

Dest1 got LST.

Dest1 - 103 days old
DSCN6858.JPG

DSCN6859.JPG

DSCN6860.JPG

DSCN6861.JPG

I revegged Destroyer and it's doing very well.

Destroyer reveg - 171 days old
DSCN68661.JPG

DSCN68671.JPG

DSCN6868.JPG

I have three more ugly plants that I've been holding in 1.5 gallon pots until I have room. These will get up-potted into 6 gallons very soon, and should recover nicely in the new soil.

Dest2 - 103 days old
DSCN6869.JPG

UHCut2 - 132 days old
DSCN6870.JPG

Carn7 - 126 days old

DSCN68711.JPG

And here are the cuts I just took. This water-rooting method worked well for me last time, so I'm hoping for the best.

DSCN6873.JPG

DSCN6874.JPG

No, I don't and thanks for the reminder! That space is pretty warm with all the lights, but still ... concrete. I should at least get them off the floor.

Good idea about the heat mat - I should get one. :thumb:

Yo Gray, what exactly happened with these plants? Is it soil-related issue?

I'm blaming it on my water. The Total Alkalinity of my city water runs almost 300 - very hard water with a lot of calcium in it. So I would imagine my mineral balance has drifted enough to make the environment less welcoming for the herd. It also likely has produced excess salts over time, making things a bit toxic. It was fine for the first two runs but began to get really iffy for the third run. Then I screwed up the photoperiod when I reset the timer on the I-Gro panel, so they got a veg schedule for a couple weeks which stalled them. So they've been sitting in less-than-nutritious soil while I wait for them to reflower. Meanwhile, the trichs are deteriorating.

As a result, I've also neglected them. They haven't been getting a regular dose of foliars, since I didn't see much point in it. My experience with other ill-tuned soil taught me that Brix wouldn't have helped much, so I quit that, and I haven't been giving them much De-stress either . Once I decided my soil was bad, I've been waiting for the new batch to cook, which stalled everything another month. A regular cluster-fark. :cheesygrinsmiley:

But things should improve rapidly now. For instance, here's what three weeks in decent soil will accomplish. This is Blue Blood in the old soil and three weeks after being replanted in new kit soil.

Before:
DSCN6779.JPG

After
DSCN6854.JPG

Here's UH before and after:

Before:
DSCN67871.JPG

After:
DSCN6848.JPG

The entire experience has been educational for me. :cheesygrinsmiley: It was all so easy and perfect with good soil. Amazing contrast. It showed me how little my success was due to my own skills, and how mindless and simple it is to grow spectacular plants with Doc Bud's High Brix kit. :laughtwo:

Oh fuck man! This really got better :bravo:

Toxic water will build salts over time, tru dat and your microherd won't be able to keep PH balance any more, and in a pot that's almost a guarantee. SO you're going RO, eh? I only tried to purify water with a normal filter once, but dropped it quickly, cause I saw my leaves developing microdeficiencies. But you know how it is, my grows are quite different than yours :) :Namaste:

I think your right on GT. My water has ~twice as much gunk in it as yours and I started having issues on my very first run with it about half way through flowering. Once I got the RO unit everything got much better. Glad you got it sorted out and even more glad you have a nice stash built up to last you till the next harvest :thumb:

Hello Gray & CareStaker. I've always used my hard tap water but through a hose end filter which takes care of the chlorine but not the chloramine. For chloramine, I use Microbe Hydroponics' Dechlorinator Water Conditioner. It works well & goes a long way...only 12 drops/gal. Not an expensive product either...~$12. It has surely helped my plants.

My city water comes buffered at 9.3 pH with lots of Chloramine. Buncha killjoys :)
I've made it work for me, but I'm going to try spring water this run...to see how it goes.
Your girls/soil are looking much better GT, can't wait to see your new stuff under the LED! :cheer:

I got a bunch of pictures today so here's an update. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's been a decent week in Graytail's garden, everything is going as expected, no more fugups. :thumb:

The three sick girls are still sick and still alive. Until recently, I haven't needed the space so I've just been letting them run, but now it looks like it may even have been worth it. Both Carn6 and GF3 have some fat new calyxes. :cheesygrinsmiley: And Buddha Haze has made a bunch of new growth that it's now filling out with flowers. But now that Nexus went into the bloom room, I'll be chopping Carn6 and GF3 within a week. I'll let Buddha run a little longer and then try to reveg her.

Carn6 - 204 days old - 77 days 12/12 - 66 since pistils
DSCN68792.JPG

DSCN68801.JPG

DSCN68811.JPG

DSCN68823.JPG

GF3 - 174 days old - 81 days 12/12 - 72 since pistils
DSCN68851.JPG

DSCN68862.JPG

DSCN6887.JPG

Buddha Haze - 158 days old - 81 days 12/12 - 70 since pistils
DSCN68881.JPG

DSCN68891.JPG

DSCN6890.JPG

DSCN6892.JPG

My first Destroyer clone, Dest1, is looking pretty good. It's in the last of my 3rd run soil, so it's yellowing a bit, but it filled out nicely, and now that I'm back on track it'll be getting regular foliars and should improve. Nice size.

Dest1 - 111 days old - 8 days 12/12
DSCN69022.JPG

DSCN6903.JPG

DSCN69041.JPG

DSCN69051.JPG

Blue Blood also looks pretty good with a better shine on 'er. I was trying to do a little top-training before she flowers, but whew, the stems are really brittle! They just snap like a fresh green bean. So ... I taped it back and it's doing alright - slowed it down and accomplished the same thing, but - my goodness, I never had one this stiff and crunchy. Nice shape on this one, too.

Blue Blood - 146 days old - 10 days 12/12
DSCN6898.JPG

DSCN6899.JPG

DSCN6900.JPG

DSCN69011.JPG

UH1 is still a mess and getting messier - I may cull it if it gets too wild. Otherwise, I think I'll have to put a bunch of stakes in the pot and strap it down. Dunno.

UH1 - 140 days old - 10 days 12/12
DSCN68931.JPG

DSCN6894.JPG

DSCN6895.JPG

DSCN6897.JPG

Nexus went into 12/12 today. I did some last minute LST a couple weeks ago and it really helped fill out the upper canopy. :cheesygrinsmiley: I like the growth habit on this one. It's an Eva Seeds strain and I loved Jamaican Dream, so I have high hopes for this Brazilian hybrid.

Nexus - 124 days old
DSCN69062.JPG

DSCN6907.JPG

DSCN69081.JPG

DSCN6909.JPG

I up-potted three vegging plants last week - Dest2, Carn7, and UH2 - and they're all responding well to the new soil, greening up at the top and growing lush fat new leaves. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to train these, since they've been stalled for so long.

Dest2 is the same age as Dest1, so it has a long useless stem with nice top growth. I can top it or LST, but the topping would be drastic - I'll probably bend it over.

Dest2 - 111 days old
DSCN69112.JPG

DSCN6912.JPG

DSCN6913.JPG

Same with Carn7. I've already been fiddling with it.

Carn7 - 134 days old
DSCN69141.JPG

DSCN69151.JPG

DSCN69161.JPG

UH2 grew a couple primary branches, so I bent 'em down - looks kinda funky now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

UH2 - 140 days old
DSCN6920.JPG

DSCN6921.JPG

DSCN69221.JPG

Destroyer Reveg is doing well ...

Destroyer Reveg - 179 days old
DSCN6917.JPG

DSCN69181.JPG

DSCN6919.JPG

I have cutting in cups ...

DSCN69233.JPG

And I stuck one each in soil yesterday - so far kinda iffy ...

DSCN69241.JPG

:Namaste:

great update Gray! I love how Blue Blood turned around, really keeping my eye on that one. Can't wait to see it flower. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom