Graytail Goes LED - 810W Intelligent-Gro II w/ High Brix

18-20" is probably a good height for a strong led unit. the angle of the lens determines whether the light will shoot straight down or if it'll spread like a floodlight. I think as long as you're getting good coverage and the plants aren't being harmed by the light the panels can be as close as possible for the most lumens and par. as you know plants that aren't growing well are going to be easily stressed by intense light and/or any intense condition for that matter. if I get a 300 watt led (150-170 watt draw) I plan to keep my plants 6-8" away as long as all of them are getting light.

Good info b.real. 1st time w/ my LED I flowered at ~18-21" as you wrote. This time I'm ~13'-15" & about a month into bloom, & everything looks OK. A few of the tallest colas are ~11" away & OK too. Light is turned up all the way at 500 watts. The plants are all within & directly under 2'x4' footprint of light, which is why I use 2 gal. pots & grow slightly smaller plants.

With the setup I have in mind, I'll be getting 1000 umols at 18 inches and 1500 at 12 inches. If they can take advantage of that intensity, more power to 'em, as it were. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mostly I want to widen and deepen the canopy. With 500 umols across the entire 4x4 at 24 inches, I can grow taller plants and more bud sites in the same square footage.

[Edit] I remembered reading about the PAR of a 600 watt Ushio hps in a good reflector and it was 1800 umols at 24 inches. I had no reflector and my tops would begin to stunt at about 14 inches. So without a reflector, I was probably getting 1500 umols at 24 inches. I'm just guestimating, but at 14 inches it was probably running somewhere over 3000 umols. That may be a saturation point for most plants. With my Intelligent-Gro I'd probably hit 3000 umols somewhere around 6 inches. So ... plenty of room. :cheesygrinsmiley:

great LED and strain info fellas!! as always loving the thread GT!

I really like your idea for the LED coverage, I plan to do similar once $ permits of course :)

Very Very happy to hear and see you have things turning around for you!!!!! the plants look real nice and like everyone else has said that Destroyer looks like a real jewel...GREAT JOB :bravo:

There's a lot of cutting and pasting going on at this end with all this grown up info. Thank you.

Graytail - when you have a mo would you mind swinging over to my indoor grow? I have a little browning leaf problem that I'd appreciate your thoughts on. Cheers.

Ah jeez, just when I get things back in line, another glitch ...

My blooming girls are reverting to veg! Ghaaaa! Pics aren't so great, but you can see it.

DSCN6731.JPG

DSCN67331.JPG

DSCN67342.JPG

I fired up the heater 19 days ago, and it has a couple little indicator lights on it. One is amber and the other is green, and I had the amber one covered with some masking tape, but I dunno ...

DSCN67401.JPG

So, I went into the room and shut the door and turned everything off and made sure the heater was on (been a tad concerned about any red glow), and all I could see were the dim amber (through the tape) and bright green one, and some blue from the power light on the Intelligent-Gro controller. I taped them all with electrical tape, so ... no light leaks at all of any kind now.

*blink* ... This is f'n annoying.

I've read that sensitivity is variable. Mine are in a room that's been totally dark, so maybe just that little added light was enough to revert them. Also, the dimming pattern on the controller starts bringing up the light before the programmed start time and doesn't dim totally until after the end time, so I cut it down by an hour.

Destroyer will be fine, and I think the rest are far enough along that this should just add some extra time until finish - might even be beneficial - the new leaves are covered in trichs ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Gray....don't say it bro!!!! What the ....going to veg....NOOOOO! How in the world? That little bit of lite from your controller wouldn't do that ! It has to be something else? Check your timer again and just make sure you havn't pushed any tabs in or anything(if your using those mech. ones) I know I did that once and just by luck I looked at it after working in the GR for a few minutes I accidentally pushed a few tabs in.....would have been a disaster .Hope all is OK....let us know will ya! Cheers.

how in the world is what I'm saying. I shine light on my plants frequently and they don't revert.

I forgot that there was also a time change a couple weeks ago. I may very well have screwed them up resetting the controller.

In any case, the issue is corrected now, and they shouldn't stall for very long. A grower lives and learns. :cheesygrinsmiley: As the frequently obnoxious saying goes ... "it's a teaching moment~"! :laughtwo:

Well, I chopped Destroyer today. There hasn't been any new growth for several days, and I had that photoperiod issue, so pffft, why wait any longer. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It was 143 days old, exactly 8 weeks from pistil set, 9.5 from the flip, and I could have taken it a few days ago at 9 weeks. That's a really attractive trait in a pure sativa, especially a trich-infested one that reeks of blueberry. :yahoo: This is perhaps the stickiest stuff I've handled so far, just covered in trichs everywhere. I didn't even do a very close trim job this time because the trichs went out to the tips of most sugar leaves - that was welcome, too. :cheesygrinsmiley: And the blueberry is pure blueberry. I've been wanting one, but I wanted a sativa. Who knew it would be a Destroyer pheno? Delicious! And the exhale reminds me of a fresh morning breeze off a lake - odd flavor, but that's what came to mind.

I also took brix readings, but wasn't able to come up with a reading within range. First I tested a lower budlet and it read over 30 twice. Bah. So I tried some leaf matter and still got 25/27. I took one last stab at it with a larger upper bud and it read off the scale at 35+ .. twice. So ... I dunno, whatever. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Got a buncha pics:

Destroyer - 143 days old - 66 days 12/12 - 56 since pistils - brix 25/32

DSCN6744.JPG

DSCN67543.JPG

DSCN67631.JPG

DSCN67622.JPG

DSCN67611.JPG

DSCN67642.JPG

DSCN6769.JPG

:Namaste:

Hey Gray....that time change thing eh....pain in the ass. What I do now is NOTHING. Just let them run with whatever time it is. I don't change my timers at all....the lites just come on an hour earlier,that's all. For them all is good and nothing changes,i find this to be the safest way to deal with the change. Cheers,and congrats on your harvest bro....Destroyer looks mighty tasty,indeed!:bravo:

GEORGEOUS!!!!:slide::adore: NICE PLANT!

AND BLUEBERRY FLAVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YES PLZ!!!!!!!!!!:cheer::high-five::bravo:

Well, I chopped Destroyer today. There hasn't been any new growth for several days, and I had that photoperiod issue, so pffft, why wait any longer. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It was 143 days old, exactly 8 weeks from pistil set, 9.5 from the flip, and I could have taken it a few days ago at 9 weeks. That's a really attractive trait in a pure sativa, especially a trich-infested one that reeks of blueberry. :yahoo: This is perhaps the stickiest stuff I've handled so far, just covered in trichs everywhere. I didn't even do a very close trim job this time because the trichs went out to the tips of most sugar leaves - that was welcome, too. :cheesygrinsmiley: And the blueberry is pure blueberry. I've been wanting one, but I wanted a sativa. Who knew it would be a Destroyer pheno? Delicious! And the exhale reminds me of a fresh morning breeze off a lake - odd flavor, but that's what came to mind.

I also took brix readings, but wasn't able to come up with a reading within range. First I tested a lower budlet and it read over 30 twice. Bah. So I tried some leaf matter and still got 25/27. I took one last stab at it with a larger upper bud and it read off the scale at 35+ .. twice. So ... I dunno, whatever. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Got a buncha pics:

Destroyer - 143 days old - 66 days 12/12 - 56 since pistils - brix 25/32

DSCN6744.JPG

DSCN67543.JPG

DSCN67631.JPG

DSCN67622.JPG

DSCN67611.JPG

DSCN67642.JPG

DSCN6769.JPG

:Namaste:

POTM if I ever saw one. You got my vote if you enter :thumb:

I noticed your plants don't have many fan leaves at the end. Do you remove them and if so at what point and what is the benefits?

Thanks!

Oh my.....wow.....awesome......so cool..... Beautiful....... Excited..... Congrats..... Thats one kick a$$$$ plant

Top shelf man, looking great! Those colors are beautiful, you should get a poster made from one if those photos.

great work :bravo:

Hey Gray....that time change thing eh....pain in the ass. What I do now is NOTHING. Just let them run with whatever time it is. I don't change my timers at all....the lites just come on an hour earlier,that's all. For them all is good and nothing changes,i find this to be the safest way to deal with the change. Cheers,and congrats on your harvest bro....Destroyer looks mighty tasty,indeed!:bravo:

NICE! Congrats on the harvest. Buds look amazing.

GEORGEOUS!!!!:slide::adore: NICE PLANT!

AND BLUEBERRY FLAVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YES PLZ!!!!!!!!!!:cheer::high-five::bravo:

wow gt frosty beauties that taste delicious.You are fantastic grower to have plants that glisten like that.

I do as duggan and dont fuss w timers over the time changes.

congrats frosty reaper

POTM if I ever saw one. You got my vote if you enter :thumb:

I noticed your plants don't have many fan leaves at the end. Do you remove them and if so at what point and what is the benefits?

Thanks!

Oh my.....wow.....awesome......so cool..... Beautiful....... Excited..... Congrats..... Thats one kick a$$$$ plant

gt did you mention your seed source for Destroyer? did you start with a single fem?

:cheer: Thank you, gentlemen! :thanks::party:

I DID enter it in POTM - wish me luck!

I should have just left the time alone, I know, but I didn't think an hour would bother them. Bah.

The fan leaves didn't survive the finish, unfortunately. I don't typically defol, but when the soil isn't right, they'll dump their fans the last few weeks.

Destroyer is from Cannabiogen, and yep, it was just one fem seed. :cheesygrinsmiley: Turned out well this time. :slide:

The high reminds me of Panama. There's a certain thickness/density to the buzz - it's not sedative, but is has a sensual dreaminess - perfect for listening to music, or taking a nature walk, or perhaps some carnal indulgences. :cheesygrinsmiley: Good potency with a long lasting high.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom