Graytail Goes LED - 810W Intelligent-Gro II w/ High Brix

Top of the day to ya Gray....looks like your back on track brother! Got a question for Con man ...hey Con,you ever tried or grown that pure haze from The Flying Dutchman? Know the one i mean? Always wondered how that one would work! To do it indoor would be insane i think...20 weeks in flower...maybe more under LED's. in H.B. soil eh? Wow...if one could finish it all the way it would be the bomb!
Gray,you mentioned your soil...is that the same stuff you had water issues with? Cheers.

Yeah, that's my theory - too much alkaline water has fubared my soil. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Do you know about Old Timers Haze? It's one of those 20+ week ones. PotChimp has some experience with that one, doncha PotChimp?
:laughtwo:

Destroyer lives up to its name I guess :bong: These buds look very very yummy :) This Blue Blood on the other hand has very original structure, my guess is these branches will take off quickly in flowering, and this should be good specimen yield-wise if soil problems are solved. And the NepJam, slender but thick leaves of dark green color, yeah that one came from Himalayas, cause that's the pheno to me :) If it puts kinda tangy floral smell later on, let me know :)

Let the Haze City grow :bong: :laugh:

Bro, like seriously plant of the month material. The first thing to come to my mind and mouth was OMG, those are just beautiful man.

Holy Frostyness!!! Dang Graytail!!! That Destroyer is something of a different world!! wow!

Very nice Brix readings as well!

Thank you, Gentlemen ... :Namaste:

I sure turned out to be a pretty thing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's just so hard to keep them healthy for all that time. I've seen so many of the long sativas go to hell a few weeks before finish. And all that plant material is a bitch to manage.

I'm gonna take the plunge, though, next order with a Dr Grinspoon. This Utopia Haze gave me enough confidence. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Dave at Intelligent-Gro LED has some promotional pricing and wanted me to let my readers know ... :cheesygrinsmiley: I really like mine!

Right now when you purchase two or more panels free US shipping. Just send me a message and I will help you complete your order using this promotional discount:

Intelligent-Gro II Intensity Series 180w LED Grow Lights (Coverage 2'x3') - Intelligent Gro LLC - $350.00

Intelligent-Gro II Intensity Series 270w LED Grow Lights (Coverage 2' x 3.5') - Intelligent Gro LLC - $500.00

Add a Custom Programmable Controller for only $70!
Free Domestic Shipping!
intelligentgro@gmail.com

Duggan man, I never grew Original Haze from Flying Dutchman, but from what I found out elsewhere it's most likely not the Original Haze by Haze Bros., but some prodigy of Neville's Haze, which is Original Haze x Northern Lights. I think it's a good theory.

Duggan man, I never grew Original Haze from Flying Dutchman, but from what I found out elsewhere it's most likely not the Original Haze by Haze Bros., but some prodigy of Neville's Haze, which is Original Haze x Northern Lights. I think it's a good theory.

Oh Conrad...you sure about that....on their web site it describes how it came from the original Haze Bros. genetics....i'm so dissapointed bro....That haze was the only one of that purity avail.Flying Dutchman has had that variety available for some time now so i shouldn't be surprized! Thanks Con! Mornin Gray....:high-five:

Hi, Gray. Destroyer looks wonderful. Looks like you're back on the gravy train - with biscuit wheels.

Must feel so much sweeter after your problems.

:bravo::circle-of-love:

Oh Conrad...you sure about that....on their web site it describes how it came from the original Haze Bros. genetics....i'm so dissapointed bro....That haze was the only one of that purity avail.Flying Dutchman has had that variety available for some time now so i shouldn't be surprized! Thanks Con! Mornin Gray....:high-five:

Ok duggan, I never saw or grew this plant, so I'm repeating only what I read. Sam The Skunkman indeed gave the seeds to Flying Dutchman breeders, but it was very long time ago, 80's probably. Since then Flying Dutchman was sold to Sensi, which is actually an umbrella of seedbanks. Almost nobody grew this particular seed line, so there is very little to say about how these plants look or when they finish. Although there's still a chance that this great sativa line was kept around in pure form by Sensi, it's highly unlikely. Anyway, the only way to find out is to buy a pack of seeds and take it for a ride I guess :)

From my side I have to say, that there are still amazing sativas to be found from seedsbanks like Ace, CannaBiogen, Real Seeds, Seeds of Africa or Mandala, and I've been running with these ones recently with excellent results. Just look at Grey's Destroyer for example, which is from CannaBiogen. This is a three way sativa cross, Meao Thai x Mexican/Colombian, and it really speaks for itself on these pictures :)

I like these Spaniards basically, because they are very honest about their genetics, the way they breed and which generation they currently sell. I think that Gey has been also growing Panama, but I never heard about what she was capable of :) I also grew Orient Express (Vietnam Black x China Yunnan) from Ace and Pakistan Chitral Kush (indica) from Cannabiogen, and both plants are excellent in their own class, so I can say that these guys are a yes-yes. Dutch seedbansk on the other hand are con artists and notorious liars as far as branding and selling their seeds is concerned.

:Namaste:

Lovin this strain discussion :thumb: It's so hard for new people to figure out what is real and what is just bullshit marketing. That destroyer looks freaking amazing, love the colors! I might have to look into giving that a try someday! Cant wait to hear how she smokes :thumb:

Yeah, that's my theory - too much alkaline water has fubared my soil. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Do you know about Old Timers Haze? It's one of those 20+ week ones. PotChimp has some experience with that one, doncha PotChimp?
:laughtwo:

Go DLR and get flowering down to 9/15 as soon as you can if you're doing that one indoors. You'll be dealing with a giant budless willow tree if you don't. :(

Lovin this strain discussion :thumb: It's so hard for new people to figure out what is real and what is just bullshit marketing. That destroyer looks freaking amazing, love the colors! I might have to look into giving that a try someday! Cant wait to hear how she smokes :thumb:

Right or wrong, I'm focusing on breeders and lineage (as opposed to strain names). Everybody's version of OG Kush being different is what did that. Full legalization has to happen and laws have to be passed to keep the more creative (conniving) minds on a short leash before you buy OG Kush and get OG Kush. This is no different than any other business; watch your back and let the buyer beware. :thumb:

Looking awesome Graytail. Lots of great info.

From my side I have to say, that there are still amazing sativas to be found from seedsbanks like Ace, CannaBiogen, Real Seeds, Seeds of Africa or Mandala, and I've been running with these ones recently with excellent results. Just look at Grey's Destroyer for example, which is from CannaBiogen. This is a three way sativa cross, Meao Thai x Mexican/Colombian, and it really speaks for itself on these pictures :)

I like these Spaniards basically, because they are very honest about their genetics, the way they breed and which generation they currently sell. I think that Gey has been also growing Panama, but I never heard about what she was capable of :) I also grew Orient Express (Vietnam Black x China Yunnan) from Ace and Pakistan Chitral Kush (indica) from Cannabiogen, and both plants are excellent in their own class, so I can say that these guys are a yes-yes. Dutch seedbansk on the other hand are con artists and notorious liars as far as branding and selling their seeds is concerned.

A few pages back, I think it was Smokey?, commented about how I select my strains. I like to look at catalogs in general, so I've spent many (too many) hours poring over strain descriptions and reviews/ratings at seedfinder. Then I'll spend some time trying to find journals and other reviews online. So that narrows it down to several dozen to try. :cheesygrinsmiley: So far, I've been very impressed with the Ace Seeds/Cannabiogen catalog. The Panama I got was a genuine gem, a fast purple pheno with great vigor and a unique habit and stone - very nice, very "special". :allgood: This Destroyer has all the signs of another winner, and I have Nepalese Jam on deck, ready for the bloom room in a week or two. I'm also pretty sure Tikal (Guatemala x Kush haze) will be in the next seed order.

I've also been impressed with Eva Seeds. Their Jamaican Dream is a fabulous strain and I have similar hopes for the Nexus I'm running now.

looking good. was destroyer flowered under just an led? I think you'll have even better results if you keep your plants closer to the light.

Yep, Destroyer has spent most of its life under the Intelligent-Gro.

It's been under the 500-700 umol zone of the panel the entire time, about 20 inches down, along with the Carnival. But I've noticed unmistakable signs of oversaturation on the Carnival lately - stunted tips. It's sick, so that's probably why.

I've done some research on LEDS and umols, and I've decided the way to get the most out of LEDS is to buy a LOT of wattage and mount it high. LED panels don't have much spread, so when they're close, you get a very tight pattern a couple feet across, then dropping off rapidly. If I add another 100 watts to each corner and move them all to 24-30 inches, I'll have 500+ umol coverage across the entire sky. I want to get that done early next year.

:thumb:

18-20" is probably a good height for a strong led unit. the angle of the lens determines whether the light will shoot straight down or if it'll spread like a floodlight. I think as long as you're getting good coverage and the plants aren't being harmed by the light the panels can be as close as possible for the most lumens and par. as you know plants that aren't growing well are going to be easily stressed by intense light and/or any intense condition for that matter. if I get a 300 watt led (150-170 watt draw) I plan to keep my plants 6-8" away as long as all of them are getting light.

wow... destroyer looks so yummy Gray :)
..too bad about Blue Blood's issues though, I'm excited to see you turn that around. I finally have a blue blood sprout going again.

;) :ciao:

I had to come follow this journal - That entry is off the charts - GREAT JOB - *BOW**BOW*

Back
Top Bottom