Graytail Goes LED - 810W Intelligent-Gro II w/ High Brix

Your description of Malawi Gold confirms my impressions of the African sativas. They're literally trippy. I find that my thoughts will roam and merge like usual, but they keep hitting dead ends. Poof, I'm lost. :cheesygrinsmiley: Very disorienting, and for me, not typically welcome. I can handle the anxiety from some sativas but disorientation annoys me and I eventually develop a headache.

But you sure know you're high when you've been smoking a good African! :thumb: Congrats on another fun strain for the jars. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Very strong experience I've had after MG indeed, but I know people who like that kind of ride, like me :) Also, which is notable, duration hits 5 hours, which reminds me of what people have been saying about certain Colombian or Mexican varieties, that there was almost no end to it. Yeah, That's true in this case :)

That Utopia Haze I smoked yesterday lasted for hours, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So Barney's Farm people claim it's a pure Brazilian landrace, interesting :) One day we'll be able to do international weed exchange, and just let our budz go where they need to go to get sth we'd like to try :hookah:

Enjoy your smoke, Gray!

It is a pure sativa, but has been watered down by Dutch Passion over the years of indoor inbreeding. If you want it in pure landrace form go for Seeds of Africa stock. They carry it and their shit is serious as I just found out from my Malawi Gold :)

Great advice Con.man,.....you really know your Sativas, i see. Yes you are correct....DP. is a pure sativa from South Africa but you wouldn't know it from growing it....very short flowering time for a Sat. Never figured that one out. Grew it a while back....has low thc but is top notch for taste and CBD's. Once again....really too bad about Simon! His Kali Mist was the best! Cheers.:blunt:

Yeah man, that's what I meant. While Durban Poison should have elevated THC levels, growers have been reporting it being kind of mild smoke in recent years, which is the opposite to what DP should feel like. Most of African sativas will exceed 20% THC, and will also have significant levels of THCV, found almost exclusively in landrace sativas from Asia and Africa. THCV supresses hunger (like amphetamine does) and gives particular stimulating rush, which is why a lot of these strains will get you so confused or borderline mental :) A lot of this genetics was bred into modern hybrids like Power Plant, that's been developed from Swazi and is half of recently popular Cotton Candy, after which my girlfriend had a panic attack once and I had to give her orange juice and calm her down :) But these are not strains for inexperienced or too sensitive smoker.

This Kali Mist was an interesting strain though, I think it was mainly Thai from what I remember, which leads me to these sad thoughts that I never got to try them Thai Sticks :bong:

Yeah man, that's what I meant. While Durban Poison should have elevated THC levels, growers have been reporting it being kind of mild smoke in recent years, which is the opposite to what DP should feel like. Most of African sativas will exceed 20% THC, and will also have significant levels of THCV, found almost exclusively in landrace sativas from Asia and Africa. THCV supresses hunger (like amphetamine does) and gives particular stimulating rush, which is why a lot of these strains will get you so confused or borderline mental :) A lot of this genetics was bred into modern hybrids like Power Plant, that's been developed from Swazi and is half of recently popular Cotton Candy, after which my girlfriend had a panic attack once and I had to give her orange juice and calm her down :) But these are not strains for inexperienced or too sensitive smoker.

This Kali Mist was an interesting strain though, I think it was mainly Thai from what I remember, which leads me to these sad thoughts that I never got to try them Thai Sticks :bong:

Con.man....very interesting dude....D.P. i thought always had low THC values...i guess i was wrong with that one. I remember it had a very nice taste...you know...one that you'le never forget! I'm pretty sure the ones that i grew from clones (from a buddy) were also purchased from D.P.
Hey bro....what do you know about G13? Iv'e tried to find out the liniage but no luck yet. Just wondering if it's the G13 in this MK Ultra that gives such big rock hard colas. It's not the OG in the mix....so must be the G13.Iv'e found out that it's possibly 100% Afghani,but not too sure. Just wondering eh!Know much about it? Cheers.

Oh ya ....used to get Thai sticks for 5 bucks a stick back in the mid seventies....then one day it just vanished and couldn't find them anywhere ,anyhow! They had a light golden colour and came tied to a stick w/ some type of thread. Used to be a couple grams /stick...that's all. Very nice smoke ,some of the best i've had over the yrs. for sure! I remember the smell of it ....just fantastic.

Oh ya ....used to get Thai sticks for 5 bucks a stick back in the mid seventies....then one day it just vanished and couldn't find them anywhere ,anyhow! They had a light golden colour and came tied to a stick w/ some type of thread. Used to be a couple grams /stick...that's all. Very nice smoke ,some of the best i've had over the yrs. for sure! I remember the smell of it ....just fantastic.

I had Thai Stick just one time - split an ounce with a friend. It's one of my most vivid cannabis memories from those days. :cheesygrinsmiley: After I unwound that first stick and fired up the bong, I hoarded the rest like Frodo and the Ring. I went to pinners after that, for the aroma and taste - absolutely legendary stuff, and well earned. This Utopia Haze honestly has come closest, but the look and taste are entirely different. After I exhaust the Brazilians I want to try some of Ace and Cannabiogen's Asian strains. Their Meao Thai has produced some truly great crosses.

[Edit] I remembered a discussion from my first journal ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Graytail's Cupwinners in High Brix Soil - 4x4 - 600W HPS - Perpetual

ThaiStick4.jpg

:roorrip:

I just reread Barney's description of Utopia Haze. :straightface:

I always thought it was a landrace crossed with a haze, but Barney's specifically and pointedly says it was bred only to the same line and not exposed to other genetics. Very interesting! Thanks for pointing that out, Conradino!

So I have me a Brazilian landrace, eh?

:allgood:

'Morning Gray, Con and duggan. Just felt a bit guilty for eavesdropping, but it's fascinating and I'm really starting to understand a little about all these strains. So when you say 'landrace', do you mean strains that have, as it were, come straight from the wild? I also found Conradino's comment about Dutch Passion's breeding programme 'watering down' seeds interesting - as a new grower, I've only bought from DP before. Perhaps I should spread my wings a little.

Thanks, chaps. Really interesting and instructive conversation.
:ciao:

Good ?afternoon? to you, Mr Teddy! Yes, a landrace is an independent strain from the wild, unexposed to other genetics. There's nothing special about them in general, but if you can find a good pheno, they can be very special indeed. :blunt:

Ah these Thai Sticks, whenever you start conversation with people who remember them, you find out that it was one of top 3-5 strains :) I guess now ypu can only get them in Thailand. Yeah, Ace has come up with this Double Thai hybrid in the last couple of years, which is Highland Thai crossed with some Island Thai, and although it takes ages to flower indoor, it's been done. Outdoor unfortunately I cannot go till December or January so for now I'm gonna settle on Vietnam Black x Thai that's supposed to be ready by the end of October. Loved the VB genetics in Orient Express, it's a top notch mid potency smoke.

For G-13 I cannot tell you much, duggan. I never grew it and I read the same thing, that it's an Afghani pheno.

Mr. Teddy, the problem with many Dutch breeding programmes is that breeders lose clones to pigs all the time, when one of their warehouses get busted. Also landraces grown indoor or outdoor in northern Europe will lose THC from generation to generation, cause UVB index is too low or there is no UVB at al, and they come from equatorial regions so they need it. But to keep landrace at the top you need to not only care about the potency though, also about terpene profile and production of other cannabinoids like THCV, CBC and such. It's a complicated job to breed, and I believe that you just have to have the chops for that + good conditions.

It's not an accident that most of the biggest names in cannabis world are coming now from California or from Spain :) I attribute my own outdoor successes to climate and soil that Italy has, without it I could do shit :)

It's not an accident that most of the biggest names in cannabis world are coming now from California or from Spain :) I attribute my own outdoor successes to climate and soil that Italy has, without it I could do shit :)

I believe that another big name in the cannabis world is from Northern Italy.:laughtwo:

Good info for me in that post. Thank you, conradino. :cheer:

It's been 11 days since my last update so I fired up the camera and got some pics. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Things are beginning to improve. There are only four plants left in the bloom room, and they're all looking fairly good. The brix readings were surprising - much better. The first leaves I took from Destroyer read 24/25. :laughtwo: So I tried a bud and still got 17/18. :yahoo: The same thing happened with Carn6 - leaves were 18/19 and a bud was 12/13. The other two were also good at 14 and 15. Nice! :cheesygrinsmiley:

The veg room is improving, too. I think I might have found a decent bin of soil, because the cuts I planted in it are doing quite well. :cheesygrinsmiley: The others are still struggling, but I'm keeping the genetics alive until the new soil is ready in about two weeks. I also ordered a 110 watt UFO LED which should be here next week, and that should be plenty of light with the 250W MH and all the CFLs. My whiteflies have been partying in the sick vegging plants, so I'll have to knock them back a bit, too. They don't seem to care much for the blooming plants right now, possibly because brix has risen so much.

I can't wait to sample some Destroyer! Well ... apparently I can, 'cause I still haven't sampled it yet, but it sure does look appealing. :love: The blueberry continues to waft off it whenever I brush against it. Yum. Trichs look good!

Destroyer - 137 days old - 60 days 12/12 - 50 since pistils - brix 17-25
DSCN6692.JPG

DSCN66931.JPG

DSCN66941.JPG

DSCN66961.JPG

DSCN6697.JPG

Buddha Haze is the only plant in the bloom room that hasn't severely yellowed and dumped its fans. Such an itty bitty thing, but it's doing well! I lost the cuts, so I'll have to try to reveg this one if I want another. I left a bunch of stuff at the bottom for that reason - glad I did.

Buddha Haze - 116 days old - 39 days 12/12 - 28 since pistils - brix 14/14
DSCN6705.JPG

DSCN67061.JPG

DSCN6707.JPG

DSCN6708.JPG

DSCN6709.JPG

Grapefruit is looking as frosty as it ever has. This one will probably be the most potent of the ones I've grown. It really responded to the Cat drench well despite the iffy soil. Good girl. :cheesygrinsmiley:

GF3 - 132 days old - 39 days 12/12 -28 since pistils - brix 15/15
DSCN6698.JPG

DSCN66992.JPG

DSCN67002.JPG

DSCN6703.JPG

DSCN6704.JPG

Carn6, on the other hand, looks pitiful, hardly worth finishing, but I have the space, so ...

Carn6 - 162 days old - 35 days 12/12 - 24 since pistils - brix 17/19
DSCN6710.JPG

DSCN6711.JPG

DSCN6712.JPG

DSCN6714.JPG

DSCN6715.JPG

Blue Blood is still only limping along - shoulda been in bloom a long time ago. I may try to take a couple cuts this weekend. The lower growth looks pretty bad, but I'll find a couple decent stems somewhere. Gotta get this one in bloom. If it doesn't improve in the next week or so, I may prune back the roots and replant it in new soil when it's ready.

Blue Blood - 104 days old
DSCN6716.JPG

DSCN6717.JPG

DSCN6718.JPG

Last week I potted Dest1, Nexus and NepJam and they're all doing great now!

Dest1 - 69 days old
DSCN67221.JPG

DSCN6723.JPG

DSCN6724.JPG

Nexus - 82 days old
DSCN67281.JPG

DSCN67291.JPG

DSCN6730.JPG

NepJam - 86 days old
DSCN6725.JPG

DSCN6726.JPG

DSCN6727.JPG

That's it folks - lookin' better - soon to be back in the groove. :Namaste:

Destroyer lives up to its name I guess :bong: These buds look very very yummy :) This Blue Blood on the other hand has very original structure, my guess is these branches will take off quickly in flowering, and this should be good specimen yield-wise if soil problems are solved. And the NepJam, slender but thick leaves of dark green color, yeah that one came from Himalayas, cause that's the pheno to me :) If it puts kinda tangy floral smell later on, let me know :)

Let the Haze City grow :bong: :laugh:

Holy Frostyness!!! Dang Graytail!!! That Destroyer is something of a different world!! wow!

Very nice Brix readings as well!

Back
Top Bottom