GrEeNdAyZ - DIY CFL - White Widow - Indoor Soil - No Tent - Winter '17

Jan. 28th. 135 days above soil. 55th day of flower.

IMG_287717.JPG
IMG_287814.JPG
IMG_28798.JPG

Looking good and yummy!
Why aren't you looking at the trichs? I would love to see some trich pics!

Check out my journal when you find the time, its also cfl and soil but unknown "random bag seed genetics" and the cheapest possible soil :D

Hey dude thanks. Honestly I think it has still been a little early to look at trichs, still a couple weeks to go. Also, and being totally honest, I find it to be a pain in the ass! The reason being, I made my own magnifying device by taking apart one of my kitty's laser pointers and attaching it to my phone. But here are some from today.

IMG_288716.JPG
IMG_288613.JPG
IMG_288519.JPG

Plus I can't hold still enough. Lol...they are still clear at this point.

Jan. 30th. 137 days above soil. 57th day of flower.

Provided another feed today. Lower leaves were a little droopy as you can see. Reduced the amount of CalMag and Micro slightly but more or less the same as the last. To a gallon; 2ml CalMag, 2ml Micro, 8ml Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus, 8ml BigBud, 8ml Overdrive. All PH'ed down to 6.3 as usual. That may be the last feed as I'd like to have a few waterings with the Flawless Finish I have. I'm interested to see if there is a detectable difference in taste from my outdoor White Widow that did not get flushed before harvest.

IMG_288212.JPG
IMG_288313.JPG
IMG_288415.JPG

I use a jewelry magnifier that has 30x and 60x (they are very cheap) and i just attach it to my phone with duct tape. It is a little difficult to hold still but every other photo comes out great.

Keep it up, cant wait for harvest photos!

I use a jewelry magnifier that has 30x and 60x (they are very cheap) and i just attach it to my phone with duct tape. It is a little difficult to hold still but every other photo comes out great.

Keep it up, cant wait for harvest photos!

Lol. I'm doing the same thing more or less...I may be cranking the magnification up on the phone to much. I'm able to see them fine but the pics are never good.

Jan. 31st. 138th day above soil. 58th day of flower.

IMG_288816.JPG
IMG_288919.JPG
IMG_289016.JPG
Crazy plant! Chop her down will ya? The sooner you chop her the sooner we'll all see the numbers... lol

Could you give me overall measurements, like diameter and height including pot? Wondering maybe I can try something like that in my box, depending on yield/time spent growing ratio.

Crazy plant! Chop her down will ya? The sooner you chop her the sooner we'll all see the numbers... lol

Could you give me overall measurements, like diameter and height including pot? Wondering maybe I can try something like that in my box, depending on yield/time spent growing ratio.

Ya it's a pretty neat, tight package eh. I have some pics with some visual aid for you below but as best I can measure...the pot itself is 8 1/4"/210mm tall and 8.5"/216mm in diameter. The plant and pot, at the tallest flower, is 19"/483mm tall. The plant is actually kind of rectangular, I tried to show you that in the pics below. At it's widest, that would be left to right in all my previous pics, it's 15"/381mm. Note that it's deep in the pot, could have added a bunch of soil.

Like you I'm interested to see how it dries compared to your micro grow, but I'm not sure if there'll be any real difference and if there is, if it's do to training or the extra time...I must be close to 2 months longer than yours.

Ya it's a pretty neat, tight package eh. I have some pics with some visual aid for you below but as best I can measure...the pot itself is 8 1/4"/210mm tall and 8.5"/216mm in diameter. The plant and pot, at the tallest flower, is 19"/483mm tall. The plant is actually kind of rectangular, I tried to show you that in the pics below. At it's widest, that would be left to right in all my previous pics, it's 15"/381mm. Note that it's deep in the pot, could have added a bunch of soil.

Like you I'm interested to see how it dries compared to your micro grow, but I'm not sure if there'll be any real difference and if there is, if it's do to training or the extra time...I must be close to 2 months longer than yours.
We shall see. Only big difference is diameter. My box is roughly 300x300 mm and has ~500 mm of usable height.

And time is nothing if it all pays off :) and to have pictures of such plant in your collection is an extra bonus :) I think you may enter the POTM contest and have your expectations high :)

We shall see. Only big difference is diameter. My box is roughly 300x300 mm and has ~500 mm of usable height.

And time is nothing if it all pays off :) and to have pictures of such plant in your collection is an extra bonus :) I think you may enter the POTM contest and have your expectations high :)

I think 8 mains or 3 toppings will fit in your box...it would be tight though.

I was thinking about entering some pics...I think you just made up mind...thanks man...your plant pics are always awesome so I take that as a huge compliment.

Also, I have upgraded the lights for my current grow, if you hadn't seen, so maybe I could make it in less time than you at the moment.
Anyway, I'll be waiting for numbers from you and then decide :)

Hey Jack420, thanks...yes just CFL from junk I found in a thrift shop.

My first year or two was all CFLs, too. I used both the Daylight and the Soft White (yellow), about 1 dozen bulbs, with more bulbs of the Daylight for veg and more bulbs of soft white for flower. Over time, I just simplified to 50% of each, until I added the Mars 300 panels to replace some of the CFLs. (each panel replaces 6 - 23 W bulbs)

However, I still use the CFLs down low near the plants themselves, as it's easier to move the clip-ons than it is to raise and lower the LED panels. The LEDS give me much more penetration, and the CFL's keep the plants compact. They also light up the shady areas.

Back
Top Bottom