Groovers Ganjalicious Grow From Go to Whoa

Re: Groovers Ganjalicious Grow from Go to Whoa.

The fat lady's not singing just yet but they're looking better thats for sure.
I got some bad news for all you peroxide lovers.
I just got an e-mail from the owner of the company that produce Cyco Platinum (the nute range I use). He said the peroxide will effect the Cyco Zyme and the B1 Boost. He asked why I wanted to use it so I told him about my root rot problem. He said he'll speak to his Agronomist and get back to me.
Got the real deal scientists on the job now.:thumb: I'm interested to hear their thoughts. This guy makes nutes for a living so if anyone's got any questions they want me to ask him I'm more than happy to do so. I wanna pick this guys brain big time:biglaugh::peace:

LOL, not bad news or even unexpected news for me....:grinjoint:

H2O2 kills bacteria/fungus....is a weak acid, so will be reactive. Like Hydro Zyme your Cyco Zyme has 1/4 of its effectiveness in it's beneficial bacterial colony.

That still don't mean H2O2 and Hydrozyme isn't your solution...kill it with one and remove it with the other....I think if you don't remove the dead, nothing will completely penetrate the slime...I could be wrong though.

Oh and you might ask how well the Cyco Zyme and your fungicide get along.....I am sure would be same story as H2O2. Fungicides are far worse than antibacterial's. I had to quit using them when I was doing lawncare, they made me quite sick everytime I applied them to lawns even with a mask.

H2O2 can be used at varying strengths and won't roast your beneficial's until you use a stronger dose. But will control new colony growth and the added oxygen is regenerative.....

:peace: brother, sorry to reemphasize the why's....but you are one of the few people I know that grows with hydro that doesn't use it. You trying to grow DWC organically?

BTW I opted to not grow hydro because of how fast you can lose your whole crop and to fix it requires so much available cash that I simply do not have.

I heard from the nute guy. Here is his message:
Dear Groover,
Thank you for your good feed back.... If you can get some Dr Repair and run it at 3mls per 1ltr for 1week and then to 1ml to 1ltr for a week and the rot and yellow plant syndrome will settle of with in 24hrs, and go green again. Dr Repair was developed to eradicate disease and also to fill nutrient voids (deficiency's) it will 100% solve your issues. Then you can drop the hydrogen peroxide...its a very old product that does more damage than good.... keep in mind our products are Proteinate based and nasties like that can effect the performance of the products. We are one of 3 company's in the world using this technology for hydroponics and I'm confident to say the results speak for themselves.
Plant is lookin much better. I'll get some Dr Repair tomorrow and follow this advice. I think these guys know better than anyone what and what not to use with their products. He's sending me a t-shirt too. Nice guy.
Thanks Shaun.:thumb::peace:

hey groover, sounds like you took action quickly enough to save your grow.
Here's hopin'.
Thanks for your hopes mate. I'm sure it all helps:thumb::peace:
Like I said mate. The tide is slowly turning your way.:cheer:
That camera sounds good. :woohoo:

Oh! Thanks for the hit:passitleft:
I sure hope so mate.
You trying to grow DWC organically?

BTW I opted to not grow hydro because of how fast you can lose your whole crop and to fix it requires so much available cash that I simply do not have.
No mate not organic. I'm really considering going the soil/organic route.
The more I think about it the more I decide that herbal medicine should be 100% Organic. I don't know if root rot diseases are more common in the US but until I joined this site i'd never heard so much about peroxide. Nobody I know uses it except to disinfect between grows. I know the Banrot is more hectic than H2o2 but I wanted to make sure I nailed it 1st hit.I'll change the tub in a day or two as per Mr Cyco's directions. No peroxide. No more nasty fungicide. :thumb::peace:

Thanks for your hopes mate. I'm sure it all helps:thumb::peace:

I sure hope so mate.

No mate not organic. I'm really considering going the soil/organic route.
The more I think about it the more I decide that herbal medicine should be 100% Organic. I don't know if root rot diseases are more common in the US but until I joined this site i'd never heard so much about peroxide. Nobody I know uses it except to disinfect between grows. I know the Banrot is more hectic than H2o2 but I wanted to make sure I nailed it 1st hit.I'll change the tub in a day or two as per Mr Cyco's directions. No peroxide. No more nasty fungicide. :thumb::peace:

After I run out of my inorganic bloom nutes I am probably gonna switch back to organic myself for probably the same reason's...no need to worry about adding to the poisoning of my body...I take enough of manmade meds that do that daily.

But I have really been impressed with the results so far of the inorganics in soil at 3/4 str....I have considered this...start your soil grow out with inorganics...veg up beasts really fast...and then start bloom off with inorganics on the first feeding after a light flush/dark period...and at the same time add your soil additives, like fungus and bacteria....then start feeding them with molasses water and before the actual buds start up, and then full tilt switch to organics, she will devour the inorganics as the organic's start building up in her soil as the microzoo builds....and hopefully by the time she starts eating for buds she will be eating the organic chains.

WAIT...that just came out of my fingers...sorry bro. I run on sometimes...should of read the rant I erased about peroxide...It basically said that peroxide is just a radical oxygen bound to water...bacteria/fungus are damaged by high level of it (principle of Deep Water Culture), but to damage the plants takes much higher levels...did it again...:grinjoint:

:passitleft: :peace: I ramble...just happens.

It may be just me, but i didn't really get that response.

so Dr Repair is one of their products?

Let me see if i understand it,

3ml/per lt for 1st week
then 1ml/per lt there after till its cleared.
Yet he say's it will rectify in 24hrs?

you might need to confirm that for me bud

It may be just me, but i didn't really get that response.

so Dr Repair is one of their products?

Let me see if i understand it,

3ml/per lt for 1st week
then 1ml/per lt there after till its cleared.
Yet he say's it will rectify in 24hrs?

you might need to confirm that for me bud

Yep Dr repair is the only product they make that I don't have.:biglaugh:
He says it will settle within 24hrs.
Because root rot is a kind of infection you need to
keep up the treatment to ensure it doesn't return.
Kinda like the Doctor tells you to completely finish the course of
antibiotics even though your better after the first day or two.
That's kinda how I see it anyway.:thumb::peace:

Holy crap Groover, I missed all the drama. I read it through from the pix of Kate all ugly like that. I've always used peroxide in my DWC and have never had a problem even with roots left in after plants died during re-veg. I usually give them a maintenance dose of 1/2 ml/L of 35% every three or four days. Tonight I saw there was some slime happening on the air stones (nutes are clear enough to see the bottom clearly), so I gave them a double dose to clear that up. I just use basic hydro nutes tho so what works for me may not work for you with all the other things you use. The roots usually turn beige as they age but the don't get slimy like root rot does.

Glad to hear that she's coming around and sorry I wasn't around during your time of need. I prolly would have just told you to use peroxide anyway and you got lots of that advice.

Good luck with the rest of it and try to relax. Even pot might not be able to fix you if you blow a gasket! :rofl: :thumb: :bong:

:peace:

:passitleft: :peace: I ramble...just happens.
Ask OMM how I can ramble mate:biglaugh: I did inorganic nutes with organic nutes and horse bedding (poop& pissy straw) on Pippa and it worked a treat.

Holy crap Groover, I missed all the drama.
Glad to hear that she's coming around and sorry I wasn't around during your time of need. I prolly would have just told you to use peroxide anyway and you got lots of that advice.

Good luck with the rest of it and try to relax. Even pot might not be able to fix you if you blow a gasket! :rofl: :thumb: :bong:
:peace:

No need to apologise it's all good. Seems like i've got a grip on things now.
I'm feeling much more relaxed thanks mate. I've had a few drama's on my plate but things seem to be on the improve.:thumb::peace:

Hope your grow is doing better dude. I just did alittle speed reading well really I can't read I just look at pic's. Best luck. Hey that camera,,,, new they run like 250 heres a link/ Fuji S1600 Fuji FinePix S1600 12.0MP 15x Optical 3.0"LCD Camera - eBay (item 290401834063 end time Feb-18-10 16:15:55 PST)
Grow seems kinda OK. Gotta turn into Dr Groo again in the morrow.:biglaugh:
Yeah mate I can get one locally for about the same price. In Aussie dollars which is almost as strong as US dollar anyway. Things are getting cheap here because the GFC didnt effect us so bad as you guys. It's crazy over there man. Forecloseure city.:peace:

Grow seems kinda OK. Gotta turn into Dr Groo again in the morrow.:biglaugh:
Yeah mate I can get one locally for about the same price. In Aussie dollars which is almost as strong as US dollar anyway. Things are getting cheap here because the GFC didnt effect us so bad as you guys. It's crazy over there man. Forecloseure city.:peace:

You got that right groover!:smokin: Foreclosure city The Pres gave the banks over 6 Hundred Million to help folks keep their homes.
There are 6 million home in foreclosure and they have only helped around 6oo.
Fuc*kers The banks say it's just too risky. Don't know what happened to the America I grew up in.:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

You got that right groover!:smokin: Foreclosure city The Pres gave the banks over 6 Hundred Million to help folks keep their homes.
There are 6 million home in foreclosure and they have only helped around 6oo.
Fuc*kers. The banks say it's just too risky. Don't know what happened to the America I grew up in.:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

I'm working with my bank on a loan adjustment right now. It sounds like someone gave them a kick in the ass because the woman I'm working with is really running to get my things together! And I need the help real bad, I'm figuring a couple more months and I'll be in foreclosure if I don't get some work soon.

Re: Groovers finacial Hijack thread

Its was a two part hit for Australia, due to heavy investments ties it was assumed we would be buffered by the Asian markets if the economy turned.

Unfortunately in regards to alot of the "backbone" businesses of Oz, it was the Asian markets that was the catalyst rather than the buffer. However on the flip side, the gears didn't stall completely in our region which being apart of the Australasian network certainly helped.

I was apart of that backbone, so never would i have imagined I would have been apart of any fall out situation. However like so many of you, here i stand doing the reversal dance - from Riches to Rags, then on to Borrowed clothes.

I wish everyone effected & on this board the luck to see it through to the end. Whether thats a bottle of cognac for me, & a giant ass spliff of your best weed for you, i look forward to having a celebrationary laugh when its finally all over!

Re: Groovers finacial Hijack thread

Its was a two part hit for Australia, due to heavy investments ties it was assumed we would be buffered by the Asian markets if the economy turned.

Unfortunately in regards to alot of the "backbone" businesses of Oz, it was the Asian markets that was the catalyst rather than the buffer. However on the flip side, the gears didn't stall completely in our region which being apart of the Australasian network certainly helped.

I was apart of that backbone, so never would i have imagined I would have been apart of any fall out situation. However like so many of you, here i stand doing the reversal dance - from Riches to Rags, then on to Borrowed clothes.

I wish everyone effected & on this board the luck to see it through to the end. Whether thats a bottle of cognac for me, & a giant ass spliff of your best weed for you, i look forward to having a celebrationary laugh when its finally all over!

Amen brother, we're all in this together. We all have to work together to make it work again.

I'm working with my bank on a loan adjustment right now. It sounds like someone gave them a kick in the ass because the woman I'm working with is really running to get my things together! And I need the help real bad, I'm figuring a couple more months and I'll be in foreclosure if I don't get some work soon.

Fry I wish you the best!;)

I live on SS and a VA retirement. Felt I had it all figured out and could live in reasonable comfort.
Not so!
Now live check to check. :smokin:

I second that! By the way i'll take a hit of each.:grinjoint::peace:
Amen brother, we're all in this together. We all have to work together to make it work again.
Nice to see you fry. Good luck with it all mate.:goodluck::peace:
Fry I wish you the best!;)

I live on SS and a VA retirement. Felt I had it all figured out and could live in reasonable comfort.
Not so!
Now live check to check. :smokin:

Know the check to check thing too well. Interest rates seem to go up every month and that raises my repayments ofcourse. I'm finding things much easier since Pippa has supplied me with meds saving me about $150 a week.
I woudn't be going to Nimbin if that weren't the case.:thumb::peace:

MINI UPDATE. Still no pics. I know i'm slack. I forget or lights go out or flat cam battery.:biglaugh:
I gave Kate the full treatment today. Drained the evil fungicide mix out. Filled with fresh water( didn't bother with pH coz it was coming straight back out). Removed all the manky roots which were mainly inside the centre of the root ball. Hand washed remaining roots and drained tank. I got the garden hose in there with a spray nozzle and gave 'em a good wash. The water was pretty swampy. I washed through the hydroton from the top of the net pots too. There wasn't much left but all the taproots were pretty healthy and fat like mini turnips:biglaugh: I drained and refilled with tap water. Drained it again and it was pretty clear. 3rd time lucky:biglaugh:. I then filled the tub to the bottom of the pots with 1/2 R/O 1/2 tap. I mixed up my solution with 1/2 strength A&B Bloom and went full strength on all the additives. B1 Boost,Silica,Zyme,Fulvic.
I got the Cyco Dr Repair and added it as they directed in their e-mail. I also added 1drop/ltr of rootzone accelerant. While I was in there playing Dr, I hooked up my little 12 volt pump with a drip line to the top of each pot. From my understanding it's now jumped from DWC to true Deep Water Culture, the extra drip feeding being the difference. I though this would help promote some new root growth. Fingers crossed. I still can't believe that the other little runt which isn't really a runt but the indica dominant skunk pheno of the strain.
It's been in the same tub the whole time and hasn't missed a beat. I've never grown a plant with so many trichs. It's almost ready but there's not much of it. The sugar fairy tripple dipped this baby. I better name her I suppose. I think i'll call her Tweeter because she's small but powerful like a tweeter type speaker. I can't get over how she just kept cruising along doing her thing. I have a theory: Root rot causes a plants roots to stop taking up water and nutes thats why it affects the plant itself similar to heat stress. Shrivelling up basically. I think because the plant is so small it can still get enough water and food through it's sick roots because it doesn't require that much where as the big lanky sativa pheno can't and therefore does the shrivel thing. I pulled a few more dead leaves off and it's pretty sticky. It's only got a few weeks to go. Hairs are starting to change colour. I just hope that it'll still thicken up and sugar up a bit more. Pray with me people.:rofl::peace:
Pics tomorrow I promise.

Wishing your babies all the best bro!!!!!

They can do it...they are weeds, tell them to embrace that term for that it makes them Hard to Kill.

Sounds like you have done everything you can....is in the hands of the great Ganja Mon now...:smokin:

:peace: my friend.

Wishing your babies all the best bro!!!!!

They can do it...they are weeds, tell them to embrace that term for that it makes them Hard to Kill.

Sounds like you have done everything you can....is in the hands of the great Ganja Mon now...:smokin:

:peace: my friend.

Thaks High, To the gods I pray:adore::adore::adore:

HEY GROOVERS
UPDATE WITH PICS

Kate is still looking pretty sickly and I don't know which way she'll go.
my_stuff_034.jpg

Here's a close up of a bud. The bud seems OK it's just the leaves showing signs.
my_stuff_0381.jpg

Finally here's a close up of the amazing unaffected Tweeter.
my_stuff_036.jpg

Thats it for now Groovers. About 2Weeks till Nimbin MardiGrass Home Page:peace:

Hi groover:cheer:

Kate does look poorly, hope she makes it.:ganjamon: That would be hard loss to take.....lotts of buds.:smokin:

The others look great Bro.

Damn near asleep...see ya!:grinjoint:

Not hard to take mate. I'm already prepared for it. She'll still give me some good smoke and a hashball or two. I just hope she lives long enough to ripen up a bit more. The last photo is pretty much the whole plant but that little top is packing on a bit of chunk. I may use a fair bit of Kate for hash. I'm just not sure. Hmmmmmmm:peace:

Back
Top Bottom