Groovers Ganjalicious Grow From Go to Whoa

Re: Groovers Ganjalicious Grow from Go to Whoa.

You know I want it to work for you groover. She is a monster

Man. with names like that.....don't have any open flames around it.

:rofl: I knew a guy like that :rofl: we couldnt have open flames around him.. after mxican food..(((WAtchout))) :rofl:

glad to see you got it under control. If that doesnt work. The one product I will always suggest is Hygrozyme, I NEVER fill a rez. without it. Just a thought, its never failed me. And what it will do is take dead root mass and turn it into food for the plants to feed off of, creating new roots off of feeding on the old dead ones. its gotting my girls out of sticky situations before.:goodluck:

heyo groover just saw your issue with kates wet feet. hope you manage to wring her out and straighten her up a bit! out of curiosity, what have you got going in the bucket for airstones? im a dirtbagger myself; moves slow enough for me :Rasta: .... but from what Ive read about DWC it sounds crucial to root health to have them swimming in O2 bubbles. just a thought, good luck mate.

heyo groover just saw your issue with kates wet feet. hope you manage to wring her out and straighten her up a bit! out of curiosity, what have you got going in the bucket for airstones? im a dirtbagger myself; moves slow enough for me :Rasta: .... but from what Ive read about DWC it sounds crucial to root health to have them swimming in O2 bubbles. just a thought, good luck mate.

I've got a monster air pump. It's practically a compressor.:biglaugh: 50L/min.
That feeds three airstones. It looks like a hot tub. I gave it the banrot and today it looks worse. If I have to pull it early it should make some nice hash.
The thing that has got me really stumped is the fact that the little runt in the same tub looks quite healthy. I'll try to post a pic later.

:rofl: I knew a guy like that :rofl: we couldnt have open flames around him.. after mxican food..(((WAtchout))) :rofl:

glad to see you got it under control. If that doesnt work. The one product I will always suggest is Hygrozyme, I NEVER fill a rez. without it. Just a thought, its never failed me. And what it will do is take dead root mass and turn it into food for the plants to feed off of, creating new roots off of feeding on the old dead ones. its gotting my girls out of sticky situations before.:goodluck:

I've got Cyco zyme in there but it's looking really sick. Because the rootrot causes roots to stop drinking is it of any benefit to foliar feed the plant till the roots recover??? If they recover that is.;peace:

I've heard mixed reports about h2o2. I got some stuff called Banrot from my hydro-shop guy. He hasn't given me a bum steer yet.
Here's some info I found on Banrot
A broad spectrum fungicide effective in preventing and controlling damping off root and stem rot diseases It's available in both a chemical and granular form: Prevents Damping off, Fusarium, Phythium, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia and Thielaviopsis.
I'll let you know what eventuates.:peace:

Hope you don't mind the pic bro but h2o2 every day in the rez brother .MJ loves the stuff and you wouldn't of had this problem to begin with and how do you prevent phythium when it's always present.
Why everyone should use hydrogen peroxide everyday!....This is how you get rid of slimey roots and keep them healthy!

100_18281.JPG

"Perhaps one of the most common problems in hydroponic systems is the Pythium pathogen and what many growers don't realize is that Pythium being an 'opportunist' fungi, often takes advantage of plants which have been stressed by a combination of high temperatures and oxygen starvation in the root zone. Pythium is usually described as a 'secondary infection' meaning that the Pythium spores which are actually common in just about all hydroponic systems, don't actually attack the plant until it has been damaged in some way. Even very clean hydroponic systems and grow rooms which are isolated from the outdoor environment will have some Pythium present as these fungal spores are naturally present everywhere on a world wide scale - in the water, soil, vegetation, carried in the air and in dust, so it's difficult to eliminate the source of this disease. However, one way we can reduce the 'spore load' is to sterilize any water supply which may be contaminated with high levels of Pythium --- water from dams, and streams should always be sterilized before use for this reason if Pythium is a problem.

Under the right environmental conditions, virtually every plant species is vulnerable to Pythium, which not only causes 'damping off' of seedlings but causes root and stem rot of older plants. Symptoms of Pythium on older plants are a wet rot, root systems will be browned, roots hollow and collapsed. Plants may appear to grow poorly and wilt for no apparent reason --- indicating that an examination of the root system when called for. Pythium has an optimum temperature range for infection of plants, which is generally between 20° - 30° C (68° - 86° F), although infection can occur outside this range when damaged plant tissue is available for rapid colonization by the pathogen. Low concentrations of Pythium that may not cause problems at lower temperatures will be disastrous at higher temperatures, particularly where the warmer conditions are associated with a lack of oxygen in the root zone and plant stress.

The best preventative measure against Pythium attack is a healthy, rapidly growing plant as this is an opportunist pathogen and will enter at the site of tissue injury or if the plants are overly succulent, weakened or stressed for some reason. Often root damage during the seedling stage as plants are introduced to the hydroponic system is a danger time for Pythium infection. Pythium is of greatest threat during the seed germination and seedling development stage when plants are most vulnerable to attack, and adequate control and elimination of the pathogen during this stage is the best preventative measure of Pythium control in hydroponic systems. Strong healthy plants will develop resistance to Pythium attack during the seedling stage and this will prevent problems at a later stage of growth."

Simply Hydroponics - Nutrient Temp

Foliar feeding will help because the plants not getting what it needs through roots dont spray the buds though.

Thanks Stealthy1 and ledtester. Ledtester, I didn't have a problem using beneficial bacteria. The problem arose because as I previously stated I was in bed for a couple of days after the dentist fkd me up. My airpump which provides almost 15gal/min vibrated to a point where the tube kinked cutting off my air supply to the tub. I've got a mate who has had nothing but trouble with H2o2 so thats why i'm a bit hesitant. The stuff I used seems to have worked so far. The large fan leaves have come good so I'm optimistic. I've been growing on and off for 20yrs and my first time with root rot so I'm not a complete arsehat. And yeah I do kinda mind the pic.:biglaugh: You enjoy kickin a man when he's down, do you? :rofl:Talk about rubbing my face in it sheesh.:peace:

Thanks Stealthy1 and ledtester. Ledtester, I didn't have a problem using beneficial bacteria. The problem arose because as I previously stated I was in bed for a couple of days after the dentist fkd me up. My airpump which provides almost 15gal/min vibrated to a point where the tube kinked cutting off my air supply to the tub. I've got a mate who has had nothing but trouble with H2o2 so thats why i'm a bit hesitant. The stuff I used seems to have worked so far. The large fan leaves have come good so I'm optimistic. I've been growing on and off for 20yrs and my first time with root rot so I'm not a complete arsehat. And yeah I do kinda mind the pic.:biglaugh: You enjoy kickin a man when he's down, do you? :rofl:Talk about rubbing my face in it sheesh.:peace:

Sheesh ya those were some nice nugs. I'd love to motorboat them buds.

Is the entire root system effected? Could you trim off the worst parts? Sounds like you think it's improving, I would think you would be the best judge.

I use H2O2 every single day in my resses. I love it and i think my plants love it. I also use to kill any algae that pops up. It is also useful to run some through your air stones every once in a while. I noticed it cleans mine of all buildup nicely. Works great when i put it in a syringe and soak the top of all my rock-wool cubes. Come back a few hours later and they look almost brand new. Great for cleaning to. Are you getting the hint?:rofl::laughtwo::scratchinghead:

Rock on you crazy aussie. :theband:

ah no brother just showing h2o2 doesn't hurt....but I too have had trouble with it when I tried cleaning hydroton with it and it didn't get washed off properly, and i didn't mean to imply anything about anyones experience brother...after all u figured it for yourself...those pythium cause crabs?

[/SIZE]
ah no brother just showing h2o2 doesn't hurt....but I too have had trouble with it when I tried cleaning hydroton with it and it didn't get washed off properly, and i didn't mean to imply anything about anyones experience brother...after all u figured it for yourself...those pythium cause crabs?

Man don't take me the wrong way. I'm just being stoopid. Us Aussies are dryer than a nuns nasty.:biglaugh: Those buds look magnificent by the way.
I gave her a foliar feed of pH'd rainwater and added 1ml/L of Cyco B1 Boost
which is a mix of
potassium phosphate monobasic KH2PO4
potassium nitrate KNO3
thiamine mononitrate C12H17N5O4S
I cut all the shrivelled leaves off and she seems to have perked up a bit.
Dr Groover in the house.:thumb:
After hearing everyone's stories you've got me. I've cracked:biglaugh:
I'm gonna get some oxy-plus which is H2O2 specifically made for hydroponics by the same mob that make Clonex. 17.5% I think they call it Liquid Oxygen in your parts. I'll empty the banrot solution and mix a fresh batch of nutes with the Oxyplus added. Should keep a handle on things. Thanks for everyone's help.:thumb::peace:

Routing big time for ya Groover, I think with all the help here and your good looks, you'll pull them through..... Well at least with the help......:Rasta:

Oooh your a cheeky one aren't ya. At least I can loose weight to look good. You cant loose your ugly:biglaugh: I actually think the lab coat was what helped.:rofl: She feels happier. The runt is what has really thrown me. It's just one little bud but it looks soooo good. Pics next day or two. I'm real busy tomorrow. Gotta go to Sydney and pick-up a guy at the Airport then bring him here and try to sell him a car I've been working on. Wish it was mine. It's a Jaguar XK120 and worth$$$$$$. :peace:

Good to hear bud. It would have been a shame to have lost them prematurely.

There's been some quality topics lately, its unfortunate in this instance its a negative aspect, however Im learning at a rapid rate with it all, so from my perspective its all good.

Good to hear bud. It would have been a shame to have lost them prematurely.

There's been some quality topics lately, its unfortunate in this instance its a negative aspect, however Im learning at a rapid rate with it all, so from my perspective its all good.

The fat lady's not singing just yet but they're looking better thats for sure.
I got some bad news for all you peroxide lovers.
I just got an e-mail from the owner of the company that produce Cyco Platinum (the nute range I use). He said the peroxide will effect the Cyco Zyme and the B1 Boost. He asked why I wanted to use it so I told him about my root rot problem. He said he'll speak to his Agronomist and get back to me.
Got the real deal scientists on the job now.:thumb: I'm interested to hear their thoughts. This guy makes nutes for a living so if anyone's got any questions they want me to ask him I'm more than happy to do so. I wanna pick this guys brain big time:biglaugh::peace:

Ozzie company?

Good on ya mate:grinjoint:

Sounds like the tide is slowly turning good for you:cheer:

Here's to you :passitleft:

I sure hope so mate. Spoke to the Jag owner. $$ in the bank mate.
Maybe a new camera afterall. I can get a Fuji S1600 for 250.
Right back at ya brah :passitleft::peace:

hey groover, sounds like you took action quickly enough to save your grow.
Here's hopin'.

I sure hope so mate. Spoke to the Jag owner. $$ in the bank mate.
Maybe a new camera afterall. I can get a Fuji S1600 for 250.
Right back at ya brah :passitleft::peace:

Like I said mate. The tide is slowly turning your way.:cheer:
That camera sounds good. :woohoo:

Oh! Thanks for the hit:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom