Groovers Ganjalicious Grow From Go to Whoa

Re: Groovers Ganjalicious Grow from Go to Whoa.

Troubleshot the basics, roots, lighting, ph, rh

Yeah mate. It all seems ok. pH is fine. r/h about 40-50%, roots look fine, plenty of room between the plant and lights.

Excuse me for my ignorance but can you flush a dwc system. I would assume you can. I would try some fresh ph adjusted water for maybe a day or so and see if it clears. Does this make sense? Seems to work for a good amount of soil grows. :goodluck:

Excuse me for my ignorance but can you flush a dwc system. I would assume you can. I would try some fresh ph adjusted water for maybe a day or so and see if it clears. Does this make sense? Seems to work for a good amount of soil grows. :goodluck:

It's my first DWC but I guess so. That was my plan to flush a few days unless a better suggestion comes to hand. Thanks mate.:peace:

It's my first DWC but I guess so. That was my plan to flush a few days unless a better suggestion comes to hand. Thanks mate.:peace:

hey groover, did you get the ph under control? whenever I see signs of problems I trend to clean my system out refill and flush for a day with phed water and then reset again. heat stress would be at the top of the plant...what are your water temps like?

Yes flush..sorry eatin dinner..well I'm finished now...if you can rinse the roots in the sink . To flush in my dwc I rinse the roots n keep fresh ph'd water w/ some hygrozyme for a day or two. Then start back out at a quarter strength.

THANKYOU EVERYONE. I love it here. Posted my problem and you guys all come a runnin. It really is appreciated.Once I drained the tub and got a good look I think it's root rot. They're a bit on the beige side. That'd make sense coz my airtube got kinked and reduced air flow for a good few days.:peace:

Man i feel like a dummy with all these new acronyms. Anyways, Interesting look though, kinda like some wicket rainforest plant. Just a pitty its towards a detrimental setting.

So can root rot be fixed by hydrogen peroxide?

So can root rot be fixed by hydrogen peroxide?

I've heard mixed reports about h2o2. I got some stuff called Banrot from my hydro-shop guy. He hasn't given me a bum steer yet.
Here's some info I found on Banrot
A broad spectrum fungicide effective in preventing and controlling damping off root and stem rot diseases It's available in both a chemical and granular form: Prevents Damping off, Fusarium, Phythium, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia and Thielaviopsis.
I'll let you know what eventuates.:peace:

Yup, please do.

Yup, please do.

No worries mate. I found out that Banrot is etridiazole + thiophanate methyl,
if anyone was curious. I hope it works.:goodluck:Banrot. Do your thing.:peace:

No worries mate. I found out that Banrot is etridiazole + thiophanate methyl,
if anyone was curious. I hope it works.:goodluck:Banrot. Do your thing.:peace:

You know I want it to work for you groover. She is a monster

Man. with names like that.....don't have any open flames around it.

From my reading others DWC journal's, seems like Hygrozyme and 30% Peroxide unless you are using organic nutes...at least from what I been reading.

Hygrozyme to devour the rot and dead roots so you don't have to fight this over and over until you flush and wash your tubs.

Peroxide to kill it all and keep it dead.

That would be the direction I would go bro, maybe that stuff you bought is the Aussie version of Hygrozyme though..no clue.

:peace: brother, wish I had other than tiny DWC experience (my cloner and it was going bad and ph was drifting high fast from the sickness in it), H2O2 fixed my reservoir and my clones are happy again.

You know I want it to work for you groover. She is a monster

Man. with names like that.....don't have any open flames around it.

I want it to work too mate. Believe me. You know as well as I do though, rootrot is one of the hardest things for a plant to recover from. Oh well the universe has usually got it's reasons. More lessons:biglaugh: Dunno if I should start germing some hashberry or if thats jumping the gun. Gotta get separate veg and flower happening. Been talking alot with my mate about growin in soil. So forgiving and I can go organic which really appeals to me. I find soil so easy. I never second guess myself when i grow in soil but hydro in small spaces is pretty new to me. The smallest hydro before I started growing again recently was at least two 3x3flood n drain tables each under a 600. I just dont know which system I want to settle on. It's a bit to think about and i've got other stuff on my mind like Nimbin,$$$,cameras,rootrot and I think Mum may be on the way to manic psychosis which has the potential to cause all sorts of problems. Fun n games mate.:thumb::peace:

Dont count the plant out yet... H2o2 is a powerful tool basically its water with an extra Oxygen its fairly unstable so its all to ready to give up the extra oxygen. the oxygen kills the fungi. yes it can kill your beneficial bacterium and even attack the roots if too much is used. I like to use just a little every day rather than large doses at specific times like some. It reacts so quickly that it should release all its oxygen within an hour or so especially with aeration. so small doses just add enough oxygen to help the plants while killing the fungi. Large doses also will release their oxygen quickly so if you say that you can just use a large dose once a week rather than small daily doses its not as beneficial.
Goodluck

I want it to work too mate. Believe me. You know as well as I do though, rootrot is one of the hardest things for a plant to recover from. Oh well the universe has usually got it's reasons. More lessons:biglaugh: Dunno if I should start germing some hashberry or if thats jumping the gun. Gotta get separate veg and flower happening. Been talking alot with my mate about growin in soil. So forgiving and I can go organic which really appeals to me. I find soil so easy. I never second guess myself when i grow in soil but hydro in small spaces is pretty new to me. The smallest hydro before I started growing again recently was at least two 3x3flood n drain tables each under a 600. I just dont know which system I want to settle on. It's a bit to think about and i've got other stuff on my mind like Nimbin,$$$,cameras,rootrot and I think Mum may be on the way to manic psychosis which has the potential to cause all sorts of problems. Fun n games mate.:thumb::peace:

Sorry mate I'm high as a kite right now.

When I read the above, all I could think of was HOLY CRAP!!!:smokin:
Every monkey in the world is on your back. Take them off one at a time groover. Take each one and think to yourself "How much will this matter 5 years from now?" When you have your list of importance. Do the first one first and on down the line. May work. At least it gives you a different look at things.
:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom