Growing Clones Outdoor With Lights

joedaddy805

So i've had these clones since Sept. A lot of people said that I can't grow these this late in the season outdoors. But I'm trying it anyways. From the looks of it i think it's looking good so far.

What i'm doing is putting them outside during sunlight then put them in the tent to finish of there 12hrs of light. It sucks having to do this everyday but i'm trying to cut down on electric cost. I'm just using 10 23w cfl lights right now but i'm planing on getting a 600w hps light today. I'm gonna have the hps on top and I'm gonna put 5 of the cfl's on each side to help penetrate the sides.

I'm growing in fox farm soil and i just started using fox farm grow big nutes. They have been in flower for about 2 weeks now.

let me know what you think and what i can do to make it better.

This is a pic of the clones i took on 10-16

20131016_111504_zpsde8db5d1.jpg

this is a pic of them today. Buts it only 2 of the plants

20131109_124847_zps9cac68e1.jpg

20131109_124859_zpse45d9852.jpg

20131103_111142_zpsb504cebf.jpg

This looks interesting joe! Will watch and see how it goes for ya bud. :thumb:
The one thing that I can see becoming an issue is humidity. I would think if the cloth gets wet/rained on/dew the rH might sky rocket.
I would get a cheap box fan out there for them aswell :Namaste:

What i'm doing is putting them outside during sunlight then put them in the tent to finish of there 12hrs of light. It sucks having to do this everyday but i'm trying to cut down on electric cost. I'm just using 10 23w cfl lights right now but i'm planing on getting a 600w hps light today. I'm gonna have the hps on top and I'm gonna
I'm growing in fox farm soil and i just started using fox farm grow big nutes. They have been in flower for about 2 weeks now.

I'm in veg right now doing the same thing. Outside during the day, then take inside at night 1 hour light around 10 PM and 1 more hour at 2 am. kind of like "gas lantern technique".
But your in flower now, no need for the light tent. It's 12 hours or less of light.
I still might take them inside in flower when it rain or if it's a little cold at night but with no light.

I'm vegging till my plants don't fit thru the doorway or my back blows out from lifting/moving the pots.

As for the nutes, people buy foxfarm soil so they don't have to add nutes. You can grow at least the first 4 months without adding any nutes in that soil. Look how green your leaves are, They are perfect.

I've added nutes to foxfarm soil after 3 months but at like 25% of recommended amount. And that was only because the plants looked like they needed it. Your plant look super health, over nuting and over watering are the 2 main causes of problems on all the grow forums.

i just started giving them fox farm grow big but a 1/4 strength they've been in the soil for 3 months now so i thought i should add a lil bit. i water around every 3 days and I'm gonna use the water,water,feed method don't want to over do it on nuts till they get farther along then ill up the percentage and go to feed water feed. i also have my plant that i started from seed that I'm just gonna top the hell out of it for a few months then see how it goes. i was thinking of going all the way down to the first one and start from there but i decided to just do the tool one.

20131109_190130_zps2a177cd5.jpg

You seem like you got a great idea on growing and I think your gonna have good results with this grow. I like the idea of having the HPS lighting with cfls on the sides to promote side branching and bushiness. Since you have them outside too the Sun does the same and gives pretty equal lighting where indoor electrical light diminishes very quickly with distance so your plants always got that side lighting indoors and outside.

So ur giving them 12 hours of light each day then? So are you trying to bud them right now? Since they are clones they are mature early and would be able to flower immediately if you wanted to. Good job so far

on one of my clones i was doing some lst and i guess i wasn't paying attention and i broke a branch. i put it back up against the main branch and tied it up pretty good i think. i was wondering how long will it take to notice if its taking. i tried pulling it away yesterday after it sat for a day and it did seem to be reattaching but I'm not to sure i didn't want to really pull that hard. i hope i save it cause its a really nice branch with lots of buds. since i broke this branch i stopped all lst on all my plants for now. i think i was a lil to aggressive.

on one of my clones i was doing some lst and i guess i wasn't paying attention and i broke a branch. i put it back up against the main branch and tied it up pretty good i think. i was wondering how long will it take to notice if its taking. i tried pulling it away yesterday after it sat for a day and it did seem to be reattaching but I'm not to sure i didn't want to really pull that hard. i hope i save it cause its a really nice branch with lots of buds. since i broke this branch i stopped all lst on all my plants for now. i think i was a lil to aggressive.
I would leave it be for a few days. Sounds like it's trying to recover, that would be great! :thumb: I've seen growers save them in really bad breaks, so it can be done. You get a pic by any chance?

Looking good, those are very strong and healthy, curious about were you're located...could never do this here, we hit 31 degrees this morning.

ABOUT THE BREAK......
I had a similar break on an outdoor at week 8 of flower....took a clamp and clamped it back onto the plant...it survived and made it to the drying room.

as small as those are, try tying it up with vinyl coated wire or tying a couple thick rubber bands around the break..it will heal just fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom