HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

We have stones on our driveway but they're just stones not rocks.

A shot glass seems too big.

I did think about a pill bottle. I have lots of those (unfortunately).

What do you think?

DDA3 - Supported.jpg

Should I also attach a pipe cleaner to the lower trunk on the other side and attach it to the pot?

Should I also attach a pipe cleaner to the lower trunk on the other side and attach it to the pot?
I think it would help to do that, it would give an opposing and stabilising force to the sole tie that is currently pulling not just the stem over but the base over. I don't think you want to affect the base, instead just train the stem to bend by employing a lower opposing tie as shown above in Shed's pic.

Here is the DDA2, fully supported now, I hope.

IMG_1819.jpeg

IMG_1820.jpeg

IMG_1823.jpeg

IMG_1824.jpeg

IMG_1825.jpeg

IMG_1826.jpeg

It's been suggested to me to try to get light on the sides. Any suggestions on how I might do that?

As in my photograph, the pipe cleaner goes above the pill bottle. The trunk should be straight up and down until the bend.

Also, the idea in LST is to get the top below (or at least level with) the bend.

Okay. Thanks. I will try again.

It's more straight up and down than it was but if I completely straighten it then it will no longer be LSTed. Let me know what you think:

IMG_1841.jpeg

IMG_1842.jpeg

IMG_1844.jpeg

IMG_1845.jpeg

I didn't see your post, Shed before my reply above. I have tried again and here are more photos:

I have read your LST thread but I've never done this before and there's a learning curve. We all learn better by doing and that's what I'm trying to do here.

IMG_1846.jpeg

IMG_1848.jpeg

IMG_1849.jpeg

IMG_1851.jpeg

IMG_1852.jpeg

IMG_1854.jpeg

Looking good on that last bend HG!
Now that the main cola is facing sideways, how does the light get there?
When you bend the plant over like that, the light shines down on the entire stem instead of primarily the top of the plant. Likely tomorrow all the growth with have shifted their prettiness up and all of it will be facing toward the light. If you leave it that way you will end up with a couple (or more) main colas instead of just one! @InTheShed please correct me if I’m wrong.... :nervous-guy:

Maybe this will help:

LST is a method for tricking the plant into thinking it no longer has an apical cola without actually removing it. The method involves pulling the top down flat so that it's not higher than the rest of the plant. The plant still thinks it's lost its apical cola and begins to send the growth hormones to the rest of the branches, but there is no recovery time as there is with topping because nothing has been cut.

As each of the lower branches grows in response, it gets tied down toward the outside of the pot, allowing light and air to get to the rest of the plant, and forcing the plant to continue to evenly spread the auxins.

The idea is to get the lower branches to grow into tops, like you did when you topped the photos and tied the top nodes flat while the lowers caught up.

Back
Top Bottom