HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

When you bend the plant over like that, the light shines down on the entire stem instead of primarily the top of the plant. Likely tomorrow all the growth with have shifted their prettiness up and all of it will be facing toward the light. If you leave it that way you will end up with a couple (or more) main colas instead of just one! @InTheShed please correct me if I’m wrong.... :nervous-guy:

Look! Boo was right!

IMG_1864.jpeg

It's not flowering yet!

I have read your LST thread but I've never done this before and there's a learning curve. We all learn better by doing and that's what I'm trying to do here.
I understand that this is your first time doing LST on a new plant, but it helps to understand the concept of LST, so you will know why you are doing what you are doing, even the first time.

I don't think it's helpful for me to just say "bend the plant over" without explaining why (as I do in my LST thread's first post). And if you understand why, you will know what to do when the top of the plant reaches up for the light again every day because you understand why you are doing it.

LST is not about exposing parts of the plant to light. It's about redirecting the growth hormones to places other than the top.

It's not flowering yet!

I understand that this is your first time doing LST on a new plant, but it helps to understand the concept of LST, so you will know why you are doing what you are doing, even the first time.

I don't think it's helpful for me to just say "bend the plant over" without explaining why (as I do in my LST thread's first post). And if you understand why, you will know what to do when the top of the plant reaches up for the light again every day because you understand why you are doing it.

LST is not about exposing parts of the plant to light. It's about redirecting the growth hormones to places other than the top.

Thank you, Shed. Felonious feels the same way as you do, i.e. explaining the why before the how. But, as he has learned, I prefer step by step instructions first and then learning the why afterwards. I know it seems backwards to both you and him but I can't help that.

I just find that most technical instructions are hard to understand until I'm actually doing them myself.

Anyhow, we just attempted to do what you said and here is what she looks like now:

IMG_1874.jpg

Let me know if it's okay.

Thanks.

Yeah, I told Felonious that the plant was being LSTed in the wrong direction and it would be better if it was growing the opposing way. I was also thinking this might work better in a larger pot.

If you know you are going to do LST on a plant, you can plant it off to one side and train it toward the opposite side. That will allow you longer training before you run out of room.

If you want to grow it wider than the pot, I can show you how I extend my tie-down locations using barbecue sticks. Not sure if you have those handy, but thin bamboo will work too.

Let me know!

If you know you are going to do LST on a plant, you can plant it off to one side and train it toward the opposite side. That will allow you longer training before you run out of room.

If you want to grow it wider than the pot, I can show you how I extend my tie-down locations using barbecue sticks. Not sure if you have those handy, but thin bamboo will work too.

Let me know!

I didn't plan the LST training on this plant well enough ahead of time, obviously. I'd like to try to contain it in the pot but if I need to go wider than the pot, I will let you know.

*** WEEKLY UPDATE ***

Good afternoon, folks.

Not much new in the tents this week. I've been LSTing my DDAs all week as per Shed's instructions. I also renamed the DDAs from DDA2 and DDA3 to DDA1 and DDA2 since the original DDA1 has already been harvested. I also bumped up the MC to 3g/gallon for both DDAs.

Here are the photos:

420 Notes.jpg

DDA1:

Photo 1a - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 2 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 3 - DDA1.jpeg

DDA2:

Photo 4 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 5 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 6 - DDA2.jpeg

Raspberry Cough:

Photo 7a - RC.jpeg

Photo 9a - RC.jpeg

Photo 10a - RC.jpeg

To be continued...

*** WEEKLY UPDATE cont'd...***

ALP2:

Photo 11 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 12 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 13 - ALP2.jpeg

Carnival (some of her leaves are turning brown along the edges):

Photo 14 - Carn.jpeg

Photo 15 - Carn.jpeg

Photo 16 - Carn - Crispy Edges.jpeg

Photo 17 - Carn.jpeg

To be continued...

*** WEEKLY UPDATE ***

ALP4:

Photo 18 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 19 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 20 - ALP4.jpeg

ALP5:

Photo 21 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 22 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 23 - ALP5.jpeg

And, that's it. If anyone sees anything that should be addressed, please let me know.

Gardens looking tops HashGirl! I see you're auxin taming is working in your lst! Nice!

I like the way you're wrapping DDA1 around the pot...nice work! Since DDA2 is in flower you can stop further training now and just let it grow as is.

Everything else looks great, though I do think the Carnival is due for a clean up about now (at 21 days post-flip). It's pretty dark and dense in the middle.

Thanks, guys.

I was hoping the Carnival would grow a little taller before cleaning her up but I will see what I can do.

Back
Top Bottom