HashGirl Implements A Perpetual Grow

Super HG. You'll like this one.
I'm still trying to find out what the difference is between the #2 and the #3 Bruce Banner. Any ideas?
I'm loving my #2 and will definitely grow it again.
#2 and #3 are just different phenotypes, plants genetics.

#2 and #3 are just different phenotypes, plants genetics.
Thank you Daniel. I'm interested to know the differences and similarities between the two. It's quite tricky finding that info online but I found this on Growdiaries:

"We all know that Bruce Banner is such an iconic comic book legend who transforms into the green monstrosity known as The Incredible Hulk. In the world of cannabis, this green monstrosity is quite tame; however, this specific version of Bruce Banner is equally strong and gruesome as its green alter ego. With THC ranging up to 30%, this is one of the rare strains that are the strongest on the planet. Named as the 9th best strains of all time, Bruce Banner 2.0 is the progeny of BB #3 that is backcrossed with Strawberry Diesel. Backcrossing is not an unfamiliar term or process used in marijuana cultivation. It is commonly performed to improve the strain and add more strength and vigor to its characteristics. This made the Indica dominant strain to have a powerful calming property that has the potential to knock the user almost immediately. Bruce Banner 2.0 is highly resistant to diseases and pests, thus making it a very beginner-friendly strain for growers."

I'm still trying to find out what the difference is between the #2 and the #3 Bruce Banner. Any ideas?
"Named the ninth best strain of all time, Bruce Banner 2.0 is the progeny of Bruce Banner #3 backcrossed with Strawberry Diesel."** THC 25-30%

"[BB #3] is the result of crossing OG Kush with Strawberry Diesel, two renowned strains. Bruce Banner #3 took first place in the Denver US Cannabis Cup." THC 20-29%

source: blimburnseeds.com

"Bruce Banner actually comes in three specific variants, with Bruce Banner #3 being the most coveted of the three. Initially, 5 Bruce Banner strains existed, Bruce Banner #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5. Bruce Banner #2 and #4 were both quickly drop, with #1, #3, and #5 taking precedence. Bruce Banner #3 ranked first place in the Denver US Cannabis Cup, and is the most potent strain ever tested in the history of the High Times Cannabis Cups." [ source: wikileaf.com ]

Here's the whole story from Dark Horse. "Bruce Banner 1.0 is the start of a 4 part breeding programm to F4 and stabilize the Bruce Banner #3 Pheno."

** So, it looks like what blimburn is calling "Bruce Banner 2.0" is "Bruce Banner BX 2.0" aka "Bruce Banner 1.0".

Confusing... "Bruce Banner #1" was part of the original 5 strains. "Bruce Banner 1.0" is the latest, greatest... from what I can tell, and derived from the original "Bruce Banner #3". And "Bruce Banner 2.0" is the same thing as "Bruce Banner 1.0".

:tommy:

...And now I want to grow BB 2.0! :) It's known to be mold resistant.

"Named the ninth best strain of all time, Bruce Banner 2.0 is the progeny of Bruce Banner #3 backcrossed with Strawberry Diesel."** THC 25-30%

"[BB #3] is the result of crossing OG Kush with Strawberry Diesel, two renowned strains. Bruce Banner #3 took first place in the Denver US Cannabis Cup." THC 20-29%

source: blimburnseeds.com

"Bruce Banner actually comes in three specific variants, with Bruce Banner #3 being the most coveted of the three. Initially, 5 Bruce Banner strains existed, Bruce Banner #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5. Bruce Banner #2 and #4 were both quickly drop, with #1, #3, and #5 taking precedence. Bruce Banner #3 ranked first place in the Denver US Cannabis Cup, and is the most potent strain ever tested in the history of the High Times Cannabis Cups." [ source: wikileaf.com ]

Here's the whole story from Dark Horse. "Bruce Banner 1.0 is the start of a 4 part breeding programm to F4 and stabilize the Bruce Banner #3 Pheno."

** So, it looks like what blimburn is calling "Bruce Banner 2.0" is "Bruce Banner BX 2.0" aka "Bruce Banner 1.0".

Confusing... "Bruce Banner #1" was part of the original 5 strains. "Bruce Banner 1.0" is the latest, greatest... from what I can tell, and derived from the original "Bruce Banner #3". And "Bruce Banner 2.0" is the same thing as "Bruce Banner 1.0".

:tommy:
This is interesting and still quite confusing. So if the #2 and #4 were dropped, it is unlikely I grew a #2, isn't it. It's more likely I would have grown the 2.0. If the 2.0 and 1.0 are the same thing, why do they have different names, and idea?

This is interesting and still quite confusing. So if the #2 and #4 were dropped, it is unlikely I grew a #2, isn't it. It's more likely I would have grown the 2.0. If the 2.0 and 1.0 are the same thing, why do they have different names, and idea?
If you grew it recently, I'm guessing it was probably the 2.0. I think the original #1, #2, ... , #5 were released (all or some) around 2008. Dark Horse Genetics is calling the new backcross "Bruce Banner 1.0", and seed sellers are calling it "Bruce Banner BX 2.0" or "Bruce Banner 2.0" for short. Read this one... HERE.

This made the Indica dominant strain to have a powerful calming property that has the potential to knock the user almost immediately. Bruce Banner 2.0 is highly resistant to diseases and pests, thus making it a very beginner-friendly strain for growers."

Is your Bruce Banner indica-dominant? Bruce Banner #3 is sativa-dominant. Or, at least it better be.

I still haven't really tried the 2 indicas I grew last year (Runtz Punch and Sugar Black Rose) as I don't like to take indicas when I'm tired.

Is your Bruce Banner indica-dominant? Bruce Banner #3 is sativa-dominant. Or, at least it better be.

I still haven't really tried the 2 indicas I grew last year (Runtz Punch and Sugar Black Rose) as I don't like to take indicas when I'm tired.
I bought it because of its sativa dominance and I was surprised that the leaves weren't characteristically sativa. I don't think it is indica dominant though. It's an uplifting daytime smoke and I am motivated to get things done.
Why don't you like to take indicas when you are tired?

So it appears that BB#3 has 3 phenotypes...

From blimburn:
Bruce Banner #3 is a plant that features 3 different phenotypes. Phenotype 1 is a hybrid mix with a 50-50% genetic split between the two parent varieties. What is commonly known as phenotype 5 takes a different direction from phenotype 3, looking more like Strawberry Diesel than OG Kush. So, you may be interested in having more than one mother plant, since the 3 phenotypes are very good and worth keeping.
The 3 phenos correspond to the original BB phenos #1, #3, #5.

#1 50/50 hybrid (parents are OG Kush and Strawberry Diesel)
#3 OG Kush dominant [conflicting info: 80% sativa, 65% sativa, 60% sativa]
#5 Strawberry Diesel dominant (SD is a 50/50 hybrid)

The next seed I'm planning on dropping on the 18th is a Candyland seed. Here's some info about it:

CANDYLAND (1 seed)

Primary Terpenes:Caryophyllene, Humulene, Myrcene, Limonene
Genotype:Photoperiod
Phenotype:Hybrid (Sativa-Dominant)
Breeder:Garden of Green
Genetics:Grandaddy Purple x Platinum Cookies
Projected Flowering Time:56 to 70 days
Projected Yield:650g/m2
THC %:21+
CBD %:<1

CandyLand is an 80% sativa strain created by crossing Grandaddy Purps with Platinum Cookies. Bred by Ken Estes, the breeder of Grandaddy Purple, this strain has made a big impact on the Californian medical marijuana scene.

CandyLand grows well in all environments although performs better in warm climate regions such as California or the Mediterranean outdoors unless a greenhouse is available. It's a medium-sized plant that grows to be 140 - 160 cm. tall. Indoor flowering lasts for a period of approximately 8 - 10 weeks producing great yields of around 650 gr/m2. Outdoors in the appropriate climate as much as 850 gr/plant can be obtained with northern hemisphere harvests being at the end of October. Plants turn a deep purple colour towards the end of fluorescence.

The scent is sweet and juicy with a similar taste profile. THC can reach 29% with just 1% CBD. The effect is that of a warm, cosseted sensation together with a motivational energy that will allow the pursuit of a variety of tasks.

Therapeutically, it has applications for ADD/ADHD, cancer, depression, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, muscle spasms and for stress relief.

Here's what she's supposed to look in flower:

candyland_gog-candyl-fem_ocosiyoqo5mwaxyq.jpeg

Why don't you like to take indicas when you are tired?

Because I'm already tired and indicas seem to make me more tired or at least they have so far. I much prefer a cerebral high.

Although, that said, I do like Blueberry, which is an indica because I just feel happy with it. Candyland is supposed to make you feel happy, too.

Yeah if u can find #1 strain now it's going to cost ya. The high dollar seeds are the original strains .
HashGirl is growing 1 seed of Bruce Banner #3. BB #3 is one of the original phenotypes of BB developed by Dark Horse. BB #3 was the favorite and award-winning. The latest version of BB from Dark Horse is called Bruce Banner 1.0, which is a stabilized Bruce Banner #3. BB 1.0 is also known as Bruce Banner 2.0 (or Bruce Banner BX 2.0).

I believe the original BB #3 was a clone-only strain. Then it was bred to produce a BB #3 seed line. The seed produces 3 phenotypes known as #1, #3, and #5.

If HashGirl's one seed grows into a plant, the phenotype could be #1, #3, or #5.

#1 - 50/50 hybrid (parents are OG Kush and Strawberry Diesel)​
#3 - OG Kush dominant [conflicting info: 80% sativa, 65% sativa, 60% sativa]​
#5 - Strawberry Diesel dominant (SD is a 50/50 hybrid)​

So, her plant could be a 50/50 hybrid (#1 or #5), or could be sativa-dominant (#3).

That's my understanding.

Sheesh! Maybe the name Bruce Banner needs to be changed to John Doe. :straightface:

How about an update today? First up will be the Fruit Punch and Jack Herers.

I topped the Fruit Punch auto on December 5 at the first sign of flower as per @BooWho2's instruction but I think I must have stunted it because it was 5" tall on December 5 and it's still only 5" tall. :(

I also uppotted the Fruit Punch to a 5-gallon pot.

The Jack Herers are definitely ready to be put into flower at 85 days old. They're looking a bit shaggy so I'll probably clean up their undercarriages before I flip them and then again after stretch.

Without further ado, here are the pics:

FPa - Day 4F - Uppot:

FPa - Day 10F:

JH1 - Day 85:

JH2 - Day 85:

I know the last 4 pics of the Fruit Punch look identical on Days 4 and 10 of flower but I can assure you that they were taken on different dates.

To be continued...

I put 6 regular Purple Satellite seeds into water on October 18 with the hopes of getting 2 female seeds. Of the 6 that went into water, only 3 germinated. Of the 3 that germinated, I was hoping for at least 1 girl and maybe 2 if I was extremely lucky.

@Stunger recently posted some excellent posts on determining sex. His first step is to take multiple pics of the early gender structures so I've done that here although his are much closer up. He also stipulates that the photos be clear so I deleted all the blurrier pictures. However, I don't think I have enough experience to determine sex based on the other 4 features Stunger looks for to determine sex, i.e. base, shape, filling and surface appearance. Or perhaps, I just need to get as close up as he did.

Felonious and I both think all 3 are girls but I want to know what you think, too. If they're all girls, do I grow all of them? What about my new rule of only growing one plant for each new strain until I determine whether the strain will work for me once it's grown?

I apologize for their droopiness but the pots they're in seem to run out of steam about 2.5 days after being fed so they're always droopy when I get to them.

Also, they're not that big for plants in veg but I think that's due to me being sick for 2 months. If all 3 are females, I may put them all into flower now to get around my rule about one plant for each new strain as putting them into flower now would presumably get me a smaller yield. Or I might put 2 into flower and add another month of veg to the third. Any thoughts?

Here are the Purple Satellite pics now:

WIN23-PS-420 Update for 16-Dec-22.jpg

PS1 - Day 50:

PS2 - Day 50:

PS3 - Day 50:

Thank you for following along. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome. And, I'm just going to tag a friend who is an expert at growing Purple Satellite as I haven't seen him here yet - @dynamo1 :love:

Felonious and I both think all 3 are girls but I want to know what you think, too. If they're all girls, do I grow all of them? What about my new rule of only growing one plant for each new strain until I determine whether the strain will work for me once it's grown?
I am interested to know what @Stunger thinks of the sexing.
I may put them all into flower now to get around my rule about one plant for each new strain as putting them into flower now would presumably get me a smaller yield. Or I might put 2 into flower and add another month of veg to the third. Any thoughts?
I think flowering out 2 and holding one is a good plan.

I am interested to know what @Stunger thinks of the sexing.

I think flowering out 2 and holding one is a good plan.
I'm curious about #3 is all
I say grow em all lol but that's me I always want to grow them all

Back
Top Bottom