Mostly everyone looks like they are doing well. :yummy:

The outdoor trees look hungry. :morenutes:

I really like your spreadsheet. I noticed that you enter “N/A” for Flowering Age on Autos. If you can tell when stretch began, you could enter a flowering age for them, which might be helpful.
:nerd-with-glasses:

I really like your spreadsheet. I noticed that you enter “N/A” for Flowering Age on Autos. If you can tell when stretch began, you could enter a flowering age for them, which might be helpful.
:nerd-with-glasses:

I just went through this journal to try and figure out when all the autos started flowering and have now updated my spreadsheet to reflect this info. I chose to look for when they started showing pistils rather than when they started stretching as that was harder to figure.

Thanks for the nudge, Felipe.

Photo 1 - 420 Update - Revised.jpg

Separate. The 3 numbers together total the total # of days above ground.

Emilya designated the first 10 days the seedling stage since GeoFlora has feeding instructions for seedlings. I decided this info was sound and started doing it myself.

Gotcha!
So Seedling stage is 10 days for all strains/phenos? :hmmmm:
Not something like after the third node?

10 days is the seedling stage for the Girl Scout Cookies. I didn't think about converting it somehow for autos but I guess it's probably a good idea since autos grow so much faster than photos. So, you think third node would work for autos?

10 days is the seedling stage for the Girl Scout Cookies. I didn't think about converting it somehow for autos but I guess it's probably a good idea since autos grow so much faster than photos. So, you think third node would work for autos?
Oh I don’t know. A lot of growers might say that a plant is a seedling until it has enough roots to up-pot the first time. But many also say not to grow an Auto that way.

I think the development of secondary shoots at the nodes is enough for me to consider that the plant is in veg - and that’s usually after 3 or 4 true leaf nodes.

I guess it’s all down to what data you are trying to capture. For me, the length of time until secondary shoots would be interesting.

You have to be happy with that Purple auto...it's a beauty! And I'm with Felipe about the outside plants looking hungry, particularly the CAR, which is kinda pale all over.

I have a couple of questions. :) How do you decide to go from solo cup to 1 gallon pot? I like to wait until the plant needs water almost every day. I find if I upcan too early it takes longer to settle into the 1 gallon pot.

Also, I noticed one of your cloth pot is on a rack and the rest are in trays. Is that how they are when you water them, or do you let them drain before moving them back into the trays? I'm hoping they drain first, because it's not a good idea to let them suck up their runoff.
Did you top both heads?
It looks like your JH topped itself! Mine ended up putting out nodes like a normal plant until I culled it. On yours I would top them both eventually, but not at this stage.

Oh I don’t know. A lot of growers might say that a plant is a seedling until it has enough roots to up-pot the first time. But many also say not to grow an Auto that way.

I think the development of secondary shoots at the nodes is enough for me to consider that the plant is in veg - and that’s usually after 3 or 4 true leaf nodes.

I guess it’s all down to what data you are trying to capture. For me, the length of time until secondary shoots would be interesting.

Maybe I should just go back to Veg being from when the seed sprouts and forget this seedling stage thing. I didn't do it before the GSC grow. It certainly is easier. And, you know me, I'm all about easy.

You have to be happy with that Purple auto...it's a beauty!

Yes, the Purple is lovely. She and the Lemon look like real plants. The Blueberry reminds me a lot of the Dark Devil but I suspect both were because I messed up somehow.

And I'm with Felipe about the outside plants looking hungry, particularly the CAR, which is kinda pale all over.

As I said, Felonious fed them 2 days ago and bumped the MC up to 5g/gallon. I have some leftover GeoFlora Veg. I could add that to the pots if you think it would help?

We've had a fair amount of rain lately and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the yellowing? Also, once a leaf turns yellow, will it turn back to green when it's getting what it needs?

I have a couple of questions. :) How do you decide to go from solo cup to 1 gallon pot? I like to wait until the plant needs water almost every day. I find if I upcan too early it takes longer to settle into the 1 gallon pot.

I usually up-pot just before I want to top them. I was planning on up-potting JH2 today as she's starting her 5th node.

Also, I noticed one of your cloth pot is on a rack and the rest are in trays. Is that how they are when you water them, or do you let them drain before moving them back into the trays?

All water is drained off before moving back into the tent.

I'm hoping they drain first, because it's not a good idea to let them suck up their runoff.

However, that said, Emilya says she doesn't drain her pans:

420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya

It looks like your JH topped itself! Mine ended up putting out nodes like a normal plant until I culled it. On yours I would top them both eventually, but not at this stage.

It's just starting its 5th node so I will be up-potting it so that I can top it.

Thanks for the help.

We have a new baby this morning. Say hello to Diesel:

IMG_4259.jpeg

Maybe I should just go back to Veg being from when the seed sprouts and forget this seedling stage thing. I didn't do it before the GSC grow. It certainly is easier. And, you know me, I'm all about easy.
:( I certainly didn’t intend to dissuade you from collecting/recording data!
We've had a fair amount of rain lately and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the yellowing?
Yep - nitrates and other water solubles will leach out - it would be like flushing excess salts out.
We have a new baby this morning. Say hello to Diesel:
:happy-birthday:

:( I certainly didn’t intend to dissuade you from collecting/recording data!

I'm not giving up on collecting data. I'm just thinking veg from sprout was how I tracked pre-GSC comparative grow so going back to it might be easiest.

Yep - nitrates and other water solubles will leach out - it would be like flushing excess salts out.

So,will the yellow go away once the plant is fed properly and isn't water logged?

:thanks:

So,will the yellow go away once the plant is fed properly and isn't water logged?
Yes, they should green back up - as long as it’s just pale and the damage hasn’t progressed much.
:passitleft:

bumped the MC up to 5g/gallon. I have some leftover GeoFlora Veg. I could add that to the pots if you think it would help?
He's probably a bit late on the 5g/gallon, but the rain certainly isn't helping! I wouldn't add any other brands of nutes, and maybe cut a paper plate to fit over the soil when it's going to rain.
We've had a fair amount of rain lately and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the yellowing? Also, once a leaf turns yellow, will it turn back to green when it's getting what it needs?
What Felipe said! Yellowing might recover, yellow won't.
I usually up-pot just before I want to top them. I was planning on up-potting JH2 today as she's starting her 5th node.
I would up-pot based on the plant rather than the plans. Emilya also uses water-uptake as a gauge for when to transplant out of solo cups:
These plants have achieved, almost all in unison, emptying their containers in 24 hours...These plants are ready to transplant to 1 gallon containers in the next day or so.

All water is drained off before moving back into the tent.
Good!
However, that said, Emilya says she doesn't drain her pans:

420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya
Emilya is using GeoFlora, which recommends very little runoff (so as not to wash out the nutrients). Using synthetic nutes it's better to get rid of the runoff so the old salts are not reabsorbed and collecting at the bottom of the pot.

*** Weekly Update ***

Good evening. It's time for the weekly update. Notable news this week includes:
  • Carnival started flowering.
  • Sour Diesel was topped.
Both the Amnesia and the Purple Autos have brown spots on the leaves. I shot a close-up on the Amnesia.

And, the Big Devils and Carnival are still yellowing. I still don't know whether it's a nute issue or a rain issue. They look droopy in the photos as well as it was a really hot day today (40C w/humidity) but they were watered today.

Here are the photos:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

AA - 33 (+23) Days:

Photo 2 - AA.jpeg

Photo 3 - AA.jpeg

Photo 4 - AA.jpeg

Photo 5 - AA.jpeg

BB - 21 (+38) Days:

Photo 6 - BB.jpeg

Photo 7 - BB.jpeg

Photo 8 - BB.jpeg

BD1 - 90 (+13) Days:

Photo 9 - BD1.jpeg

BD2 - 90 (+13) Days:

Photo 10 - BD2.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

CAR - 92 (+9) Days:

Photo 11 - CAR.jpeg

DSL - 8 Days:

Photo 12 - DSL.jpeg

Photo 13 - DSL.jpeg

JH1 - 43 Days:

Photo 14 - JH1.jpeg

Photo 15 - JH1.jpeg

JH2 - 34 Days:

Photo 16 - JH2.jpeg

Photo 17 - JH2.jpeg

LEM - 39 (+8) Days:

Photo 18 - LEM.jpeg

Photo 19 - LEM.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Weekly Update ***

PUR - 30 (+26) Days:

Photo 20 - PUR.jpeg

Photo 21 - PUR.jpeg

Photo 22 - PUR.jpeg

SD - 32 Days:

Photo 23 - SD.jpeg

Photo 24 - SD.jpeg

And, that's it. Thanks for following along and as always, comments are welcome.

I’m seriously worn out just going threw today’s update. I don‘t know how you keep up.

Your Purple auto have some beautiful colas coming on strong. I like the purple and hopefully you have a decent saw and rigging to drop those BD,S come this fall. They’re giants.

...can't wait for that BB to be harvested...it's a bit of a sore eye on your grow...that JH1 is a handful...literally...strange... :hmmmm:...that Lem is my favorite of your inside girlz so far...
...outdoor girlz are looking good, although a lil' droopy, as stated...fwiw, when you have crazy high humidity, watch your watering!...all in all...:thumb::thumb:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Can't say what the spots are but they look more like leaf damage than a deficiency. Other than the BB, the autos are doing pretty well!

The outsiders look hungry but maybe the most recent feeding will get them greener.

JH1 looks like either it's underfed or needs to be transplanted. What do the roots look like? Is that a quadline?

Purple auto is really showing off the goods! Oh, and please take off the lower leave on the SD1 that are in the dirt. Nothing good comes of having leaves touching the soil. :)

Back
Top Bottom