Well, I showed it to Felonious and he likes it. It has a firm support around the top of the pot as well, which I particularly like since I'm forever accidentally pouring on a handle that has flopped into the pot when I'm watering. The only problem I'm having is that when I water, the dirt is coming out of the grommets with water so I'm having to dump the water outside, which can be complicated (at least for me :laughtwo: ) but usually the medium settles in the pots a bit so I'm going to see how it is after a couple of waterings, and either spoon out some or try to tamp it down more.

Good afternoon. It's time for the....

*** Weekly Update ***

Highlights of the week include:
  • The outdoor plants were sprayed with Safer's.
  • I up-potted Diesel to a 1-gallon pot.
  • I accidentally broke part of an arm off Jack Herer 2 but she had two heads, which were both topped so one missing arm isn't the end of the world.
Here are the photos:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

AA - Day 33 (+37):

Photo 2 - AA.jpeg

Photo 3 - AA.jpeg

Photo 4 - AA.jpeg

BB - Day 21 (+52):

Photo 5 - BB.jpeg

Photo 6 - BB.jpeg

Photo 7 - BB.jpeg

The outdoor girls are still yellower than I would like but I still don't know if it's because of nutes or rain. And, I know they look droopy, too but they were just fed yesterday.

BD1 - Day 90 (+27):

Photo 8 - BD1.jpeg

Photo 9 - BD1.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

BD2 - Day 90 (27):

Photo 10 - BD2.jpeg

Photo 11 - BD2.jpeg

CAR - Day 107 (+8):

Photo 12 - CAR.jpeg

JH1 - Day 57:

Photo 15 - JH1.jpeg

Photo 16 - JH1.jpeg

JH2 - Day 48:

Photo 17 - JH2.jpeg

Photo 19 - JH2.jpeg

Photo 20 - JH2.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

LEM - Day 39 (+22):

Photo 21 - LEM.jpeg

Photo 22 - LEM.jpeg

Photo 23 - LEM.jpeg

PUR - Day 30 (+40):

Purple doesn't look as good as she normally does because she decided this week that she wanted to be fed every 2 days instead of every 3 like I had been doing. I ran out of time the morning I was tending the non-GSC plants and figured it was only Day 2 since last feeding so I figured she'd be fine if I waited until the next day. Apparently, she didn't agree. Oh well, the buds still look good even if the leaves don't.

Photo 24 - PUR.jpeg

Photo 25 - PUR.jpeg

Photo 26 - PUR.jpeg

SD - Day 46:

Photo 27 -  SD.jpeg

Photo 28 - SD.jpeg

And, that's all. Thanks for following along and comments are always welcome.

On the color and droop of the BD's, I'm thinking those 7 gallon pots are too small for plants that big. Could just be a case of being root bound.

I just found out from Felonious that they're actually in 10-gallon pots. He doesn't think they're root bound. He thinks the yellowing is because they're not getting enough food or they're getting too little food. He's been feeding them 5.5g of MC/gal for a couple of weeks now. Maybe he should go up to 6???

Sorry about your dual-headed JH...now you have a boring single-stalk one like me!

Actually, I had topped both tops into 4 tops altogether and now I have 3 tops altogether.

Good morning.

For those of you who grow autos, do you think I should start looking at trichomes on any of them yet? They're all in the window of the breeder's guidelines:

Autoflowers - 24-Aug-21.jpg

With autos, does the Projected Flowering Time include the entire life cycle of an auto or is it calculated the same as photos?

Personally, I don't think the Purple or the Lemon are done yet but the Amnesia and Blueberry are close. Coincidentally (or not), the Purple and Lemon are both sativa-dominant and the Amnesia and Blueberry are both indica-dominant so that may explain my thoughts on this matter.

I think I'm going to pop 4 DDAs in water today. I'll select 2 that were made by Rifleman and 2 that I bought and see if there are any differences.

I've also been enjoying some Pineapple Express lately that I bought from a local dispensary so I'm probably going to look for seeds for it because I really like it. It's a little racy but I'm good with that.

Felonious bought me another ounce of it yesterday and they threw in 1/2 ounce of Zkittlez to try.

Good morning.

For those of you who grow autos, do you think I should start looking at trichomes on any of them yet? They're all in the window of the breeder's guidelines:

Autoflowers - 24-Aug-21.jpg

With autos, does the Projected Flowering Time include the entire life cycle of an auto or is it calculated the same as photos?

Personally, I don't think the Purple or the Lemon are done yet but the Amnesia and Blueberry are close. Coincidentally (or not), the Purple and Lemon are both sativa-dominant and the Amnesia and Blueberry are both indica-dominant so that may explain my thoughts on this matter.

I think I'm going to pop 4 DDAs in water today. I'll select 2 that were made by Rifleman and 2 that I bought and see if there are any differences.

I've also been enjoying some Pineapple Express lately that I bought from a local dispensary so I'm probably going to look for seeds for it because I really like it. It's a little racy but I'm good with that.

Felonious bought me another ounce of it yesterday and they threw in 1/2 ounce of Zkittlez to try.
Once in flower autos the same flowering time depends on strain

Once in flower autos the same flowering time depends on strain

So, you're saying that projected flowering time is the same for autos as it is for photos?

For those of you who grow autos, do you think I should start looking at trichomes on any of them yet?
It wouldn't hurt to start checking them now- my Amnesia was done at 62 days from sprout...
Sometimes, the breeders estimate for an auto will say something like "60 days, sprout to harvest"
but others will say "8 weeks flowering time",so to tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure if they include the veg time in the estimate- that's why I usually just go by the trichomes...
Shed suggested I try something different with my last auto (Chocodope), so I let it go until its water usage slowed way down or stopped- it went two weeks longer than I originally planned doing it that way- it fattened up quite a bit in those 2 weeks, but only developed a few more amber trichomes.
I'll probably do it that way with my current autos too.

Maybe he should go up to 6?
Or maybe add something with some nitrogen in it. Most cal-mag has N, but go easy to start. The Ca in addition to the 5.5g of MC might get too high.

That's one of the problems with MC: high Ca and high K numbers, though I'm not sure if the grey version has the same amount of Ca as the brown smelly powder with the balls.
Actually, I had topped both tops into 4 tops altogether and now I have 3 tops altogether.
I just topped my JH this morning, but it's already 9 nodes tall!

It wouldn't hurt to start checking them now- my Amnesia was done at 62 days from sprout...

Sometimes, the breeders estimate for an auto will say something like "60 days, sprout to harvest"
but others will say "8 weeks flowering time",so to tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure if they include the veg time in the estimate- that's why I usually just go by the trichomes...
Shed suggested I try something different with my last auto (Chocodope), so I let it go until its water usage slowed way down or stopped- it went two weeks longer than I originally planned doing it that way- it fattened up quite a bit in those 2 weeks, but only developed a few more amber trichomes.
I'll probably do it that way with my current autos too.

Thanks, Carcass. The Blueberry has definitely slowed down her drinking and is now at 6 days between waterings. She's such an eyesore, I'd like to chop her down. She kinda reminds me of the last DDA I grew. :laughtwo:

The Amnesia is still needing food every 3 days so I guess she's probably not ready yet but I'll check the trichomes tomorrow regardless, just to see.

Or maybe add something with some nitrogen in it. Most cal-mag has N, but go easy to start. The Ca in addition to the 5.5g of MC might get too high.

That's one of the problems with MC: high Ca and high K numbers, though I'm not sure if the grey version has the same amount of Ca as the brown smelly powder with the balls.

Thanks, Shed. I will pass on your suggestion to Felonious. Hopefully, they'll green up.

*** Weekly Update ***
Good afternoon.

It's time for the weekly update. Highlights for the week include:

• I planted 4 Dark Devil Autos this morning. Two were purchased and two were made by 420 member, Rifleman. The 2 I bought had nice long taproots but the 2 Rifleman seeds had nada. Regardless, I planted them as well since they had been in damp paper towel for 3 days already. I planted them directly into 3-gallon pots as per Carcass' son's advice. :battingeyelashes:
  • I topped the Diesel on August 27.​
  • I took a bunch of trichome photos of the 4 older autos so I'm only going to post the photos of the non-autos (and the DDA) today and I'll post the auto photos tomorrow along with each of their trichome photos so that I don't have pages and pages of photos. And, besides that, I'm having dinner shortly and am hoping the Carnival capsules I took a while ago kick in by then. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry for this interruption but the capsules have kicked in and I'm hungry so I'm off to eat my broccoli (raw), mango, chicken, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries salad with a light poppyseed dressing for my dinner and watch The Postman Rings Twice, one of the movies I have on standby to watch.

So, I deeply apologize but I'm too high now to type so I promise I will post something tomorrow. :sorry:

Edited to add: Oh, and I left the above because I didn't want to have to remember it for tomorrow. It was far too confusing to deal with it right now. :yummy:

And... just for the record, mango definitely does enhance the high. :cheesygrinsmiley:

We'll see you tomorrow- Enjoy your dinner, your movie, and your buzz..!:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom