Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

re: Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

im in fella..good to have you with us =)

nice pics, looks like alls going well, cant wait to see how this ends up, loving the lst, i use it an mine from time to time depending one what im doing at the time, i have had to lst all my monster cropped plants as the growth is pretty crazy so i been busy moving branches out the way so i can get some light in as the plant has hundreds of branches due to the monster cropping

Sub-a-dub-dub
jandre2k3's here...... and I don't wanna rhyme it... so there.

Wow! Nice to have you all here! Thanks for looking in! I agree with you, donpaul.p, about having great growers jumping around looking in and answering questions. Being my first grow I'm sure I will be taking full advantage!

I am currently uploading today's pics. Will update and then I'm caught up!

:thanks:

PH = 5.8
PPM = 1375 (600 of that is well water)
Lights = 480 watts of T5 love, on GLR (12+1) for Anna & Bonnie as well as veg2 & veg3 area. 108 watts of T5 24/7 for the clone/veg1 area

All right! We are now up to date!

To review, I received two clones on 6/4/12. One has been doing well the whole time, the other stalled early on but is fine now and catching up to the big one. On 7/1/12 I took three cuttings from the healthiest (Bonnie) mainly because they were just crowders and never going to compete with the others. Instead of throwing them out, I am attempting to make them into clones. As of today two have rooted, one is still holding out. Surprised they are doing so well. They were really immature IMHO.

My main objective here is to do a perpetual system. The stages I have set up as of right now are mothers, clone, veg1, veg2 & veg3. I should be able to do three plants in and three plants out every 3(ish) weeks. The two clones I received (Anna & Bonnie) are mothering for me until I get the numbers up. But first I need to veg them up.

Today I moved the three cuttings, now designated B1-B3, into 3" nets. I put a single layer of hydroton in the nets, put the cubes in and filled them the rest of the way. These are now moved into clone/veg1. All three are in a 4qt Sterilite container. Only a half gallon of nute solution in there (2.5 ml each BPN 2 part and 1 drop St/gallon). The water level is right at the bottom of the nets. There are two air stones in there and are splashing the cups and hydroton. Should draw those roots right down and out. Since I currently have nothing better to do than brood over my girls all day, small quantities of nute solution don't bother me. PH will never go far.

Alright, alright, I'll shut up! The two mothers are getting big!

Above: From left to right B1, B2 & B3. B3 may be a problem. We'll see.

Above: Both Anna & Bonnie. Both have just started showing 7 lobes.

Above: Bonnie

Above: Anna

Height Comparison. Bonnie is still quite a bit bigger.

Where I live I have had some crazy temp and RH swings. I think one day when I was not here they got heat stressed. I don't run AC. I know, I know. I need to. Just can't right now.

Okay, I officially like your style(so far) Clear concise information right up front with the numbers, and you write conversationally. All big pluses in my book.

Plants are looking great, I have a question though. Your bubble cloner, DIY as far as I can tell: do you have a dome for it?

Now if you don't mind, I'd like to impart a bit of advice:

On your light cycle, I think you've picked the best one for vegetative growth. I will warn you though, for your mothers, you're going to make sure to have bright light hitting all parts of them, of the shaded parts will go into faux flower and clones taken from those will take a bit longer to root, and to reveg than others taken from higher up on the plant that get better light.

In your cloning, you're like me as well. I can't stand to throw out anything that looks like it might take root. Sometimes that causes me heartache later when in flower. I will only give one bit of advice on this. Take two to three times more clones than you plan to flower, that way you can select the biggest, healthiest, most vigorous ones to see 12/12. You will be happy you did. You can always baby the others into better health for consideration in the next round going into the P-SOG.

Forgive me if the above has already been thought about, but I'd rather give the advice and be told, "piss off," than withhold it and watch someone struggle and finally come to the same realization I did a long time ago.

are you using mylar on the walls or foil, foil wont be much good mate, it absorbs light and creates hot spots with the heat it reflects, the dull side is the best to use if you have to use it, but flat white paint will reflect a lot more light than foil, not gloss paint use flat white emulsion, or go to the rainforest site and buy a pack of 5 mylar rescue blankets, these can be bought for next to nothing, i paid £3.50 for a pack of 5 blankets and i only needed to use 2 for a 3ft by 3ft room and floor to ceiling high, their big blankets and these work better than the white paint, you can buy mylar by the roll but it can be expensive,

are you using mylar on the walls or foil, foil wont be much good mate, it absorbs light and creates hot spots with the heat it reflects, the dull side is the best to use if you have to use it, but flat white paint will reflect a lot more light than foil, not gloss paint use flat white emulsion, or go to the rainforest site and buy a pack of 5 mylar rescue blankets, these can be bought for next to nothing, i paid £3.50 for a pack of 5 blankets and i only needed to use 2 for a 3ft by 3ft room and floor to ceiling high, their big blankets and these work better than the white paint, you can buy mylar by the roll but it can be expensive,

Yup. I got 18 survival/emergency blankets, 52"x84" for a total area of 542 sq ft. for 6 bucks. That's 3/$1!! Now the ones I have (3mil) a little fragile, so I have to be careful when cutting them to size, but as long as I get my cuts clean, they're quite a bit stronger than foil, and 3x more reflective.

Buying them as single, they're 1-2 bucks.

i got to admit they are thin but not that thin that they rip like foil, it takes a bit to rip them, i suppose their like them helium birthday balloons you get, plenty thick enough for what we are using them for, them rolls of thicker mylar are really expensive and these blankets do the same job, getting the creases out is a bit of a pain but as long as you pull it tight then soon come out, i just putt blobs of glue on the back of my mylar and put it on the wall, then before the glue set it gave me enough time to move it around and pull it tight to get the creases out, and i got to admit as soon as i started using it the brightness was loads better, i was shocked how much difference it made when compared to flat white paint, these blankets i think are a bargain and us just what we all need, ideally the rolls would be better, but saying that the rolls are not as wide as these blankets so would take a lot of cutting and sticking to cover the walls, with these blankets i found that 1 would cover a whole wall with loads left over that needed cutting off, so i covered all 4 walls with the blankets and only used 2 out of the 5, the rest i used for the smaller grow room and still got 2 blankets left,

Okay, I officially like your style(so far) Clear concise information right up front with the numbers, and you write conversationally. All big pluses in my book.

Plants are looking great, I have a question though. Your bubble cloner, DIY as far as I can tell: do you have a dome for it?

Now if you don't mind, I'd like to impart a bit of advice:

On your light cycle, I think you've picked the best one for vegetative growth. I will warn you though, for your mothers, you're going to make sure to have bright light hitting all parts of them, of the shaded parts will go into faux flower and clones taken from those will take a bit longer to root, and to reveg than others taken from higher up on the plant that get better light.

In your cloning, you're like me as well. I can't stand to throw out anything that looks like it might take root. Sometimes that causes me heartache later when in flower. I will only give one bit of advice on this. Take two to three times more clones than you plan to flower, that way you can select the biggest, healthiest, most vigorous ones to see 12/12. You will be happy you did. You can always baby the others into better health for consideration in the next round going into the P-SOG.

Forgive me if the above has already been thought about, but I'd rather give the advice and be told, "piss off," than withhold it and watch someone struggle and finally come to the same realization I did a long time ago.

LOL. Thanks for the kind words!

I do have a dome. It was off for the pics. And just about everything I do is DIY!

Good advice on the mothers, thank you. I never thought about clones taking longer to root. I'm trying to keep them cleaned out so light penetrates well. I suppose a week before taking clones I could put them on 18/6 to help the success rate?

As far as the clones go, I just didn't want to waste them. Plus at least it gives me a trial round of cloning before the next set are taken. I will be taking at least double the final flower #. I read that somewhere here...maybe in one of your posts!

I never mind advice. Even if I have heard it before or it seems obvious. I came here seeking knowledge. Not to pretend like I know it all. As my growing experience relates to Cannabis, I am a newbie. So I welcome any and all thoughts, comment and suggestions. It's how we progress!

That is Mylar. I just discovered, from you and jandre2k3, about the blankets. LOVE IT! They went on my shopping list for the next trip into town.

LOL. Thanks for the kind words!

I do have a dome. It was off for the pics. And just about everything I do is DIY!

Good advice on the mothers, thank you. I never thought about clones taking longer to root. I'm trying to keep them cleaned out so light penetrates well. I suppose a week before taking clones I could put them on 18/6 to help the success rate?
Nope! You can N Starve(give just plain water) for three days to a week before taking clones. That'll do the trick.

As far as the clones go, I just didn't want to waste them. Plus at least it gives me a trial round of cloning before the next set are taken. I will be taking at least double the final flower #. I read that somewhere here...maybe in one of your posts!

I never mind advice. Even if I have heard it before or it seems obvious. I came here seeking knowledge. Not to pretend like I know it all. As my growing experience relates to Cannabis, I am a newbie. So I welcome any and all thoughts, comment and suggestions. It's how we progress!

That is Mylar. I just discovered, from you and jandre2k3, about the blanks. LOVE IT! They went on my shopping list for the next trip into town.

I'm glad the advice was welcomed:cheesygrinsmiley: I figured if I babble long enough you'd pick a few keepers and toss back the rest.

Those Emergency blankets will serve you well, too! You'll be glad you picked them up. And they're BIG, too. More than you think when you originally see them in that tiny package.

Nope! You can N Starve(give just plain water) for three days to a week before taking clones. That'll do the trick.

I'm glad the advice was welcomed:cheesygrinsmiley: I figured if I babble long enough you'd pick a few keepers and toss back the rest.

Those Emergency blankets will serve you well, too! You'll be glad you picked them up. And they're BIG, too. More than you think when you originally see them in that tiny package.

AH, N starve. Again, thanks! I will try that.

A minor correction. The small bubble cloner is a 6qt container, not a 4qt as I stated once or twice before. I can't edit those posts anymore. Just a matter of clarity.

PH = Mothers-5.8, Clones-6.0
PPM = Mothers-1400, Clones-930
Lights = GLR T5 480w for the mothers, 24hr T5 108w for the clones
Nutes = Mothers = BPN 2 part @ 12ml each part plus 1 drop Superthrive per gallon
Clones = BPN 2 part @ 2.5ml each part plus 1 drop Superthrive per gallon
Temp temp today has been a beautiful 77*F. RH @46%

Not a whole lot to report other than I supercropped the tallest shoots. Brought the two mothers closer in height to eachother as well as more even overall.

Some of you may be wondering why I am doing some of the things I'm doing, as it may seem random. Well, it is. I'm playing and learning. I'm not so concerned about yield (yet) that I am stressing over every thing, or trying to do everything right. If I get 1 gram out my first flower I will consider it a success. Being my first grow I am simply learning and having fun. If I kill one or both, I'll just start again. No big deal. If I create a bushy monster, well.... good. More clones to take.

So, as I said before, anyone can feel free to chime in with whatever they have to say, as long as you have a good vibe, we're all good! I'm here to have fun, tinker and learn as well as hopefully help others at some point.

ENJOY! :blushsmile:

Above - This ones for jandre2k3

Above 4 pics : Supercrop practice

looks good bro. hard for me to say anything else:thumb:

Thanks guys! I'm really not doing much. I find myself bored and wanting to mess with them. It's much easier than I had envisioned. Maybe that's because I'm not doing soil, organic, high brix or anything else complicated. I'm sure I will go down that path, plus I have ACRES to play with...outdoor soil and hydro ARE in the future. I may have a leg up on others since I am a tree, flower, fruit & vegetable farmer as well. Plant science and nutrition is not new to me. I'm a country boy, born and raised. Some of those city folk couldn't raise a tumble weed, much less this one!

Anyone grow anything else? I think it was Queen, I believe, had mentioned habanero peppers in her thread. Maybe it was Grace. Can't remember now. I have something like 100+ species I'm caring for right now. Over 60 are in my personal garden. I won't list it all but some things of interest:

Hops - I am a home brewer. This year I planted 5 varieties. If you know hops, you would be surprised that my first year crop is gangbusters. I never expected them to reach the top of my 21' trellis the first year. Nor did I think they would be absolutely COVERED in hop cones.

Chilean Mesquite trees - I start these for a local tree farm. I have 250ish right now.

Australian Blackwood (Acacia) - Also for the free farm. About 250 of those as well.

Mammoth Sunflowers - These guys are about 15' tall, the flower is way bigger than a full sized dinner plate.

Bix Max Pumpkin - Thought it would be fun to have a 100lb pumpkin this year for halloween. I have a couple on the vine now that are about 50+lbs.

OK...break time...:bigtoke:

Hey, thanks for coming over DephOne! Your's will be there soon! From germination to rapid growth always seems to take forever. Remember that it's a weed, and it's a weed in your care. You give it what it needs, genetics will take care of the rest!

yes sir I grow hot chilli peppers thia,habenero and this tear I have a butch t trinada scorpion plant:) the hottest pepper in the world
Thanks guys! I'm really not doing much. I find myself bored and wanting to mess with them. It's much easier than I had envisioned. Maybe that's because I'm not doing soil, organic, high brix or anything else complicated. I'm sure I will go down that path, plus I have ACRES to play with...outdoor soil and hydro ARE in the future. I may have a leg up on others since I am a tree, flower, fruit & vegetable farmer as well. Plant science and nutrition is not new to me. I'm a country boy, born and raised. Some of those city folk couldn't raise a tumble weed, much less this one!

Anyone grow anything else? I think it was Queen, I believe, had mentioned habanero peppers in her thread. Maybe it was Grace. Can't remember now. I have something like 100+ species I'm caring for right now. Over 60 are in my personal garden. I won't list it all but some things of interest:

Hops - I am a home brewer. This year I planted 5 varieties. If you know hops, you would be surprised that my first year crop is gangbusters. I never expected them to reach the top of my 21' trellis the first year. Nor did I think they would be absolutely COVERED in hop cones.

Chilean Mesquite trees - I start these for a local tree farm. I have 250ish right now.

Australian Blackwood (Acacia) - Also for the free farm. About 250 of those as well.

Mammoth Sunflowers - These guys are about 15' tall, the flower is way bigger than a full sized dinner plate.

Bix Max Pumpkin - Thought it would be fun to have a 100lb pumpkin this year for halloween. I have a couple on the vine now that are about 50+lbs.

OK...break time...:bigtoke:

PH = Mothers-5.8, Clones-6.0
PPM = Mothers-1400, Clones-930
Lights = GLR T5 480w for the mothers, 24hr T5 108w for the clones
Nutes = Mothers = BPN 2 part @ 12ml each part plus 1 drop Superthrive per gallon
Clones = BPN 2 part @ 2.5ml each part plus 1 drop Superthrive per gallon
Temp temp today has been a beautiful 77*F. RH @46%

Not a whole lot to report other than I supercropped the tallest shoots. Brought the two mothers closer in height to eachother as well as more even overall.

Some of you may be wondering why I am doing some of the things I'm doing, as it may seem random. Well, it is. I'm playing and learning. I'm not so concerned about yield (yet) that I am stressing over every thing, or trying to do everything right. If I get 1 gram out my first flower I will consider it a success. Being my first grow I am simply learning and having fun. If I kill one or both, I'll just start again. No big deal. If I create a bushy monster, well.... good. More clones to take.

So, as I said before, anyone can feel free to chime in with whatever they have to say, as long as you have a good vibe, we're all good! I'm here to have fun, tinker and learn as well as hopefully help others at some point.

ENJOY! :blushsmile:

Above - This ones for jandre2k3

ROFL! I love it, thank you! I like to read other people's journals and see that they are having fun, and having some fun with me. This is, after all, a happy hobby that we all should have fun with and enjoy.

im just getting into growing other stuff. built a little grow cupboard in the kitchen. right now we have sage, corriander, moneymaker tomatoes, little finger carrots, chives,golden alexander strawberries and finally im attempting to bonzai a couple of apple trees.

its just baby steps for me right now, but i see a future in home grown highbrix luxury fruit and veg and maybe turning it into a business.

Back
Top Bottom