Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

re: Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

I think I might watch this one....I might not say much but I still enjoy watching a good grow :thumb:

7/25/2012

PH - Mothers = 7.0, Clones = 6.1
PPM - Mothers = 600 (straight well water), Clones = 960

It's funny how things change so quickly in life. A few weeks ago my Grandpa was doing OK. He's been fighting cancer for about a decade now. It looks like he is about to lose his fight and pass on. Today it's been decided to take him off life support. In a few short weeks he went from up and about and doing stuff. Today this. I'm devastated. I love my Grandpa dearly. He is the one I mentioned in someone elses (jandre or icemud???) thread. The one I would go to Idaho every summer and work with him, fish....

I have to go to Montana. I hope to get there before he passes, but it's not looking good. My kids go back to their Mom's this Saturday so the soonest I can leave is Sat. night. I will probably be gone for bare minimum 2 weeks. After he passes it is my duty to deal with having his remains transported to the crematorium, then take my Mom and Aunt to spread his ashes along with Bettie's (his second wife, not my Grandma). After that I will be doing the estate thing, packing heirlooms and valuables and driving his 40+ foot RV with trailer back here to So. Cal. This will be the first major death in my close family. I have a very heavy heart.....

*sniff*

Before I leave there is a lot of business to attend to. Thankfully, before I knew of today's events, I had already begun work on a major upgrade. I installed a larger res for the mothers. 25 gallons in the res and 10 in the chambers, for a total of 35 gallons of constantly recirculating and aerating love. This will make the PH and PPM much more stable for longer periods. This is good because I no longer have a bucket taking up veg space and the bulk of the water body is away from light and heat.

I don't have anyone I have total confidence in to leave total care to. Ugh.

I will be cloning on Saturday. I started starving the Moms today. Hopefully I will only be gone 2 weeks, or maybe I can skip back here for a couple days and check in on things and move clones up to a bubbler. IDK. Hopefully my Uncle will be able to do exactly what I tell him to do. He's a good guy and follows direction well, but sometimes.... IDK about him.

I gotta wrap this up. I am tired. Need rest so I can get through this.

Crap. No cannabis for weeks. At all. No buds. No forum. No toke. No nothing.

Anyways. Here are a few pics of today's changes. I'm not totally done with it. I will be running dual water pumps for failure protection. Each chamber will be fed by two pumps.

Catch you all later. I might check in a little here and there, but updates are on hold until I return.

Grace, you have the keys to my place. You and some friends are welcome to crash here. No wild parties though. I don't want to come home to 10 pages of edited posts! But you can help yourself to my Meds!
:rofl:

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that Heirloom. My thoughts are with you over these next few weeks my friend. Take care of family stuff - we'll all still be here. I wish I could do or say something to help or make it easier, but it just doesn't work that way I suppose. Much positive energy from me to you, and hang tough, k?

On another less important note, your res upgrade is a fantastic improvement for exactly the reasons you've mentioned.

Don't forget to take care of yourself. Sometimes that can be a bitch when you are grieving, but it does help.

:circle-of-love:

X

its just an educated guess, but i get the feeling that doing this triggers the plant to think it has depleted its local reserved of nitrogen and in an attempt to start expanding its root system to find more, it produces more internal rooting hormone.

You are exactly correct! When a plant gets low on nutrients, it pushes more roots to try to find better feeding.

Great! Thanks jandre2k3! Clear water it is, starting today for 3 days. Since I am not pushing them too much on the nute strength, I assume it will only be 3 days to flush them, but will be vigilant. And I am right at 10 days on this solution so it is low and spent.

Rooting took 12-14 days (roots peeking out the bottom of the cubes). One took longer because it was a runt ANNNNND......I admit that B3 actually damped off two days into cloning. The stem withered and started to go necrotic. Because I am experimenting and learning I decided to cut it again, just above the necrotic area. I went through the same procedure in cloning. This time it took. But it's behind B1 & B2. At 19 days I had them in netties and the first roots were coming out of the netties. So I have a baseline of about 13 days to see roots at the bottom of the cubes. I'm sure healthier more mature cuttings mixed with N starving will give me under 10 days.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement and sage advice!

A second attempt is nothing to be ashamed of. I've done it a few times myself. When removing the Humidome at 7 days there are inevitably a few that are not rooted completely and thus wilt. I do admit that there was a time that I left the dome off too long and the wilted ones suffered damage under the dome again. I cut to the next node up, and tried again. The second attempt like this, I have found is about 50% successful, but it is using weakened cuttings. Still, 50% back from 100% of the failed clones is a nice return if ya ask me.

7/25/2012

PH - Mothers = 7.0, Clones = 6.1
PPM - Mothers = 600 (straight well water), Clones = 960

It's funny how things change so quickly in life. A few weeks ago my Grandpa was doing OK. He's been fighting cancer for about a decade now. It looks like he is about to lose his fight and pass on. Today it's been decided to take him off life support. In a few short weeks he went from up and about and doing stuff. Today this. I'm devastated. I love my Grandpa dearly. He is the one I mentioned in someone elses (jandre or icemud???) thread. The one I would go to Idaho every summer and work with him, fish....

I have to go to Montana. I hope to get there before he passes, but it's not looking good. My kids go back to their Mom's this Saturday so the soonest I can leave is Sat. night. I will probably be gone for bare minimum 2 weeks. After he passes it is my duty to deal with having his remains transported to the crematorium, then take my Mom and Aunt to spread his ashes along with Bettie's (his second wife, not my Grandma). After that I will be doing the estate thing, packing heirlooms and valuables and driving his 40+ foot RV with trailer back here to So. Cal. This will be the first major death in my close family. I have a very heavy heart.....

*sniff*

Before I leave there is a lot of business to attend to. Thankfully, before I knew of today's events, I had already begun work on a major upgrade. I installed a larger res for the mothers. 25 gallons in the res and 10 in the chambers, for a total of 35 gallons of constantly recirculating and aerating love. This will make the PH and PPM much more stable for longer periods. This is good because I no longer have a bucket taking up veg space and the bulk of the water body is away from light and heat.

I don't have anyone I have total confidence in to leave total care to. Ugh.

I will be cloning on Saturday. I started starving the Moms today. Hopefully I will only be gone 2 weeks, or maybe I can skip back here for a couple days and check in on things and move clones up to a bubbler. IDK. Hopefully my Uncle will be able to do exactly what I tell him to do. He's a good guy and follows direction well, but sometimes.... IDK about him.

I gotta wrap this up. I am tired. Need rest so I can get through this.

Crap. No cannabis for weeks. At all. No buds. No forum. No toke. No nothing.

Anyways. Here are a few pics of today's changes. I'm not totally done with it. I will be running dual water pumps for failure protection. Each chamber will be fed by two pumps.

Catch you all later. I might check in a little here and there, but updates are on hold until I return.

Grace, you have the keys to my place. You and some friends are welcome to crash here. No wild parties though. I don't want to come home to 10 pages of edited posts! But you can help yourself to my Meds!
:rofl:

Damn... I can only offer words of support, and that's not something I'm really good at. I do feel for you and wish you the best in all of this. I can only tell you that at some point in all this there needs to be some "Me Time". If you don't take it you won't do anyone else any good either. You'll find the time, I'm sure, even if it is a few hours to sort out your own feelings and thoughts. Once that is done, the grief will still be there, but you will be able to see things more clearly and be able to cope easier with the things that must be done in order to properly honor his memory while there.

I know it may be hard, but try to look at it like a celebration of his life, rather than a removal of him from yours. It will become more of a comfort knowing that he lived the best life he could, instead of thinking about him losing the battle with cancer.

Damn, I wish you weren't so far down state, or I'd offer to watch over your babies while you are gone. I'm in Sac Valley and that's a long frikkin' drive. That at least would have removed that stress from you while you do what must be done.

Family first, my friend. We'll be here for you when you return: have no fear.

sorry to hear about your gramps! take care bro:circle-of-love:

bpn all the way mate, you really cant go wrong with bpn, the plants love it, corey says he is onto something new, so he thinks he can make bpn even better, cant way to see if it can be better than it is, its amazing as it is now, by far its better than other brands

Yeah, I checked in with Corey a few days ago. From what he told me it sounds exciting! He used words even I had to look up. And I pride myself on my vocabulary skills!

:thumb:

bpn all the way mate, you really cant go wrong with bpn, the plants love it, corey says he is onto something new, so he thinks he can make bpn even better, cant way to see if it can be better than it is, its amazing as it is now, by far its better than other brands

he sure does know his stuff, he has helped me loads with different things, if he can make bpn better then ill be buying me some of the new stuff next time, the last i heard he was trying enzymes i think, ill need to check to be sure, but from now on all ill use is bpn, delivery costs more for me than the product does but after the results i have seen i see it as a small out lay, plus im growing in soil so it last me a lot longer, i am doing some 2ltr dwc hempies and i use more with them than i do with the dwc, but the results speak for themselves,

I was just making check lists for all the different things I do so that my Uncle has a structured format to follow. As I was working out the nutrient requirements for the mothers with the new reservoir I discovered.....

that the required amount of each BPN part is 420 ML!!!!! LOL!

12ml/gal X 35 gallons!!!!

That's some good $h!t

:high-five:

I'm hoping he gets what he told me about out and available before I start my gorilla grow next year (see blog). I REALLY want to use it on that grow.

he sure does know his stuff, he has helped me loads with different things, if he can make bpn better then ill be buying me some of the new stuff next time, the last i heard he was trying enzymes i think, ill need to check to be sure, but from now on all ill use is bpn, delivery costs more for me than the product does but after the results i have seen i see it as a small out lay, plus im growing in soil so it last me a lot longer, i am doing some 2ltr dwc hempies and i use more with them than i do with the dwc, but the results speak for themselves,

Great job so far Hierloom! When do you plan to switch to flower?? Very nice and bushy, similar to the way mine looked around a month or so :) +rep to ya

Thanks teSmp! Nice to have you over here!

Short version - I'm not really sure yet.

Long version - The two mothers are several weeks away, at least. I am about to harvest several cuttings from each to start my first real go at filling up my SOG (maybe SCROG, don't know yet). So they will get a severe(ish) haircut on Saturday. My flower room is not built yet. I was going to start on that next week, but life threw me a curve ball and I am leaving for Montana until......???. So I am frantically transcribing all of the info that's in my head into check sheets that my Uncle can (hopefully) follow. Then....I'm not sure yet. I provide phone support for however long I'm gone. At some point I get home, dead tired and emotionally exhausted from doing with what I need to do. At that point I assess the damage if any, build the flower room and continue on with my evil genius plans.

Back
Top Bottom