Hey There Everybody, Just Joined Today: Charlie Brown's Xmas Trees

Do you mean oz.'s ? 4.5 oz. per plant. I consider that kind of a small yield when I'm use to getting 8 - 10 oz. per plant.
My 1st couple grows were all 4 - 6 oz. till I started training them. It makes a Big Difference.

Yes, OZ's. That's what I am hoping for. I will post a couple new pics soon. I need to know if it's time to prune some of the Fan leaves, and which ones. Stand By.

Here's a fresh picture of both my plants. I hope to go to 3 plants after this one. Question: I have been told "Don't Trim", and "Trim", but even though I have watched several videos it is still a 50/50 thing as far as opinions go. IF you were to thin these fan leaves, which ones from this picture would you go after? I topped them last night. I turned the light down a little but just for this picture.

BothPlants.jpg

I lean on the side that I have no problem trimming the plant. Every time I open the tent I find my self pulling off one or two leaves off. If it benefits the plant more by taking them off, then leaving them on. Then take them off. He only exception here is if they’re stretching into flower. Wait till at least day 21 of flower before you start looking popping/trimming. By day 21 they normally stop stretching into flower.

You’re plants aren’t very big so I’d only suggest taking one or two off. Just the biggest ones that are blocking lots of light to the other parts of the plant.

I lean on the side that I have no problem trimming the plant. Every time I open the tent I find my self pulling off one or two leaves off. If it benefits the plant more by taking them off, then leaving them on. Then take them off. He only exception here is if they’re stretching into flower. Wait till at least day 21 of flower before you start looking popping/trimming. By day 21 they normally stop stretching into flower.

You’re plants aren’t very big so I’d only suggest taking one or two off. Just the biggest ones that are blocking lots of light to the other parts of the plant.
That's what I did this morning. I took off 2 from each plant, those that seemed like they were blocking the light. Also fertilized them. I also upped the lighting by 25%. I'll get a Pic and post it. Thanks.

@013 @Buds Buddy

OK, here's a new pic I took just a few minutes ago. I reset my camera settings before this one so it shows them as they actually appear. I had it set for some weird shots we took of my band a few months ago and I never changed them back. My bad.

If you compare this photo with the one above it shows the newer stems and leaves that were hiding under the larger Fan leaves. I pinched many of them off because the leaves underneath them were NOT getting enough light. ALSO, gotta remember that for the 1st 3 weeks (they are at 5 weeks today) I had a totally inadequate flourescent light. Since installing the new LED light at that time they have doubled in size, and are now growing an inch per day at this point. Next week I go 12x12 with them no matter what size they are as that will be 6 weeks. I should still get a smaller but good crop... Ya think?

PlantsToday.jpg

What ever size your plant is when you flip, will usually get 35% - 40% bigger during flower. Don't take leaves off because of light. If you see moisture drops on your leaves or leaves that lay right on top of each other .... remove those. You want air flow through your plants without removing too many leaves. The leaves are kind of like Solar Panels providing energy to the plant. The more you remove the less light it can absorb.
But a week before Flower is the perfect time to defoliate & strip the twig branches off & remove most of the bottom growth. Then let it grow Big Cola's.

What ever size your plant is when you flip, will usually get 35% - 40% bigger during flower. Don't take leaves off because of light. If you see moisture drops on your leaves or leaves that lay right on top of each other .... remove those. You want air flow through your plants without removing too many leaves. The leaves are kind of like Solar Panels providing energy to the plant. The more you remove the less light it can absorb.
But a week before Flower is the perfect time to defoliate & strip the twig branches off & remove most of the bottom growth. Then let it grow Big Cola's.

Damn, that is one Beautiful plant. Absolutely Beautiful. You don't do house calls do you? :yummy: The thing is, today IS exactly 1 week before they go to 12x12 flowering stage. They are 5 weeks old today. I read several "trimming" articles about it and it said not to remove more than half of the larger leaves, ever. It also talked about Sugars, bracts, trichomes and all the things that are building blocks for the best Buds. Among some of the tips it said that some defoliation is required IF the bigger fan leaves are blocking the sunlight and it will speed up sugar production by redirecting sugars to parts of the plant that benefit most—the buds??? I trimmed no more than 50% and every single one had a nice new green set of leaves underneath that were big enough to supply the plant. The fan leaves I took off were getting huge. I did leave the top alone.

So... do you think it will be OK the way it looks now? I am hoping it will bloom nicely, if a lot shorter than it should be. Your tips have helped me learn more than I EVER could have without them, and that's a fact. I am trying to get to know much, much more because next time will be my third try and I want them to look similar to that Beauty you've got in your pic! Many Thanks.

@Buds Buddy I am looking at your pic and then I noticed, there isn't even #1 leaf left on your plant. May I ask, why is that? Ready to harvest? I mean Dude, I'd love to have 2 or 3 of those plants. Anybody would. Very nice. That's what I want to eventually have. (One other thing? How big is that container/pot? )

My trip into the ins and outs of growing my own. Seems like a great page. Glad I found you folks.

I first started out with 5 seeds that I combed from a nice bag of Viper. I know, bad idea. In fact, the best seed of the bunch was in the bottom of my bowl and when I took it out of there it was all brown and I though burned too much. But I figured "hell, if there's one seed then....?" I wanted to learn how to do it myself, so even if they all died I will gain knowledge for the next time.
So I started by germinating them, and at first I didn't think any of them would come up. But sure enough after 5 days they were all a couple inches tall. I couldn't believe it! I used poor soil, no fertilizer, no bug control (until it was almost too late to matter), and so on and so forth. In the end, 2 plants had survived my clumsy fingers and I am serious... they looked like Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree. Pretty worthless, yet I learned SO much putting in the time that I am glad I did it that way. I am on my second time around now, with Early Girl OG seeds. These baby's are 4 1/2 weeks old. (See picture, taken today) below. I am topping her off tonight.

MyPlant.jpg

@MochaBud The main reason I didn't go with lights like that was because of the Heat. Not a lot of heat coming from those LEDs. Besides, mine are growing really nicely now. Got no complaints at all. In fact. I am transplanting them into larger pots today(1 Gal to 3 Gal) and switching to a 12x12 light schedule.

OK. Today I transplanted these 2, from a 1 Gal to a 3 Gal size pot. Used Froggy's dirt to fill up the 3 Gal containers, same as the dirt in the firt 5 weeks(1 gal pots). Since I topped them, as you can see especially on the left, they like that and new nodes are springing up all over. These are Early Girl variety so they usually don't get more than 4 ft. tall after 12 weeks. Since mine were started using a totally inadequate light source(for 2 1/2 weeks) they have now doubled in size and bushiness since I added my new 1500w LED light. But it is my fault that I stunted them using that Flourescent light only. Anyway, I watered and fertilized them with Tiger Bloom, and the dirt I put them in was treated with
Microbe-Lift - Biological Mosquito Control which I mixed into the dirt 1 week ago to be ready, and to try to control the white flies. New dirt, new flies, ya know? You have to be very careful with that stuff not to overdo it, but it works terrifically well. Only have perhaps a dozen flies stuck to my yellow strips in the past 5 weeks, but the 1st time when I didn't use it right away I had hundreds, at least. Not this time. @013 How do they look to you(and would you trim any of the fan leaves, especially on the left one?). Thanks Much!

@013 @Buds Buddy

OK, here's a new pic I took just a few minutes ago. I reset my camera settings before this one so it shows them as they actually appear. I had it set for some weird shots we took of my band a few months ago and I never changed them back. My bad.

If you compare this photo with the one above it shows the newer stems and leaves that were hiding under the larger Fan leaves. I pinched many of them off because the leaves underneath them were NOT getting enough light. ALSO, gotta remember that for the 1st 3 weeks (they are at 5 weeks today) I had a totally inadequate flourescent light. Since installing the new LED light at that time they have doubled in size, and are now growing an inch per day at this point. Next week I go 12x12 with them no matter what size they are as that will be 6 weeks. I should still get a smaller but good crop... Ya think?

PlantsToday.jpg

And today, after I took off just #2 Fan Leaves on the one to the right. Much more light getting thru. Also went to 12x12.

PlantsToday 11-19.jpg

And today, after I took off just #2 Fan Leaves on the one to the right. Much more light getting thru. Also went to 12x12.

PlantsToday 11-19.jpg

@013 @Buds Buddy Tomorrow I am going to bend a couple branches on each plant. See if I can't encourage a little more Bud growth in the next 6 weeks.

@MochaBud The main reason I didn't go with lights like that was because of the Heat. Not a lot of heat coming from those LEDs. Besides, mine are growing really nicely now. Got no complaints at all. In fact. I am transplanting them into larger pots today(1 Gal to 3 Gal) and switching to a 12x12 light schedule.
Yep :hmmmm: everyone says that :hmmmm:

I have "cool tubes" ...a 6 inch glass tube holds my bulbs, and my duct work, with exhaust fans draws cool air, not only does this cool the bulb but draws the warm air out of the room completely and into my attic :thumb:

Not to mention, I have yet to see a plant like "this" come from LEDs :slide::morenutes:

I love showing that girl off :rofl::popcorn:

I have "cool tubes" ...a 6 inch glass tube holds my bulbs, and my duct work, with exhaust fans draws cool air, not only does this cool the bulb but draws the warm air out of the room completely and into my attic :thumb:

Not to mention, I have yet to see a plant like "this" come from LEDs :slide::morenutes:

Well, then I guess you have never seen any like this. Try Google. :yummy:

Like This.jpg

lol mocha, those cola's look like ding dongs

Back
Top Bottom