High Priest's, Soil, Shiva Shanti II, Grow Journal

Heya HP
Hmmm, you sure your not messing with hubbies girls? :rofl: poor guys been taking it on the chin with the grows. That stinks that the bud rut got his plant but at least you caught it and fixed the problem. Rest of the girls are looking awesome and can't wait for some harvest and smoke reports :)

Blessed Buds our friend and be well :passitleft:

Hahaha.. nope.. not at all. Yeah hubby is quite bump too but he's taking it as a lesson. So as I. Yeah hopefully we were early enough.
:cheer: We can't wait for harvest too... :goof:This weekend is hubby's grow to the chop. He's still deciding if he's going to reveg her though. :theband:

Blessings of love to you and wifey :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

oh man just tuned in ... 1st time for me seeing budrot (that's not just on a cannabis-problem page FAQ) -- so sad :<

Was it purely caused from the humidity or are there other factors?? I'm months away from encountering this but would love to learn how to prevent it. The rest of the pics look AMAZING!

:goodjob:

:welcome: Ldredd to my journal. :Namaste: :thanks: for dropping by. Yeah we were a bit sad too especially when we were really looking forward to harvest that cola. Well here are some info on budrot I found here in :420:

Bud rot or Botrytis is one of the nastiest diseases your plants can get. It is a fungus that attacks the plant and then spreads quickly through the buds, destroying everything in its path. The onset of bud rot is mainly caused by four factors:
1. High-humidity (>50%) in a low-temp room (<70 degrees)
2. Lack of sufficient air circulation
3. Dirty pruning scissors
4. Improper removal of fan leaves where small portions of their stems are left un-removed.

You can read more about in the link including prevention.
budrot,treatments etc

So in our case, our fan was not blowing in the right direction causing the humidity of our grow room high. Ahh well we learn from our mistakes... :)

Scrapped the idea :( to much "war" going around us and Cyprus is right in the middle.
Fighting to stay a float and finding a job.
Hugs right back at you.

Oh man I am sorry to hear of your difficulties. It's amazing how heart breaking this process can be, but failure is a very important part of growth. I underestimated the important of air circulation on my first grow. Other than that though they're looking good, getting closer!

Update: Week 19 (Day 127)
Strain: Shiva Shanti II (75% Indica)
Stage: Flowering (week 11, Day 79)
First date in Soil: 23rd January
Soil mix: BioBizz Light Mix (70%) + Coco (30%)
Pot Size: 9 and 20 litres pots
Light Cycle: 12/12 indoor with 600watts dual spectrum HPS
Temp of Room: 24.6°C / 54% Humidity
Last watered: 28th May
Fertiliser: Metrop Fertilisers (MR1/MR2 + AminoExtreme + RootStimulator + Calgreen )

Hi Everyone! :Namaste: Hope you and your grows are doing well as always. Sorry for the late post. We had to play host for the past week and a half. Because of that as well, we had to dismantle our grow room to make way for our guest. Well summer is almost here so we figured it's time to use the natural sunlight.

Even though our guest was here, we still kept up with our grow schedule. Hubby has already flushed his grow about 2 weeks ago but only just recently did the harvest. Before more on that, here's an update on my girls.

My Elder and Younger grow:
IMG_265920.JPG

This was taken a couple of days after my last update which was about 2 weeks ago. They are beginning to stink since but my younger grow smelled a bit more funky on one of the tallest buds. I began to suspect some budrot spores or even budrot forming in one of the buds. At that moment there were no visible signs of budrot but I'm keeping an eye on it. So I took a pic of the suspected area.

fullsizeoutput_606c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_606f.jpeg

A couple of days later, I tried to pull off the brown leaf and finally it came off easily. Which triggers my suspicion of budrot. So I had to do what I had to do with a breaking heart. I snipped off the closest branch I could see from the budspot. Hopefully it won't spread too far.

Before the snip:
IMG_266024.JPG

Suspected Budrot site:
IMG_266320.JPG

After the snip:
IMG_266525.JPG

So I was in a dilemma on which should i do first? What I did is that I budwashed the bud in the 3 pail method of baking soda & lemon juice mix. After the washing, I began to snip off the smaller buds from the stem downwards to see where the budrot form.

IMG_266419.JPG
IMG_266921.JPG
IMG_267122.JPG
IMG_267221.JPG
IMG_267320.JPG

After analysing, I say that it's just "newly formed" and hasn't affected the exterior of the bud. Mainly at the top buds which explains the funky smell I was suspecting before. Oh well, at least we got rid of the budrot issue now. Hubby and I also cleaned our grow room when we dismantled it with bleach just in case. So this is what was salvage from the cut bud.

fullsizeoutput_6072.jpeg

During this time, we tried to test our "drying" areas and so far hubby's salvage buds didn't dry as well as mine in a small closet. Or maybe mine dried too fast. So we're still unsure which is better but at this moment we're drying hubby's harvest in our spare bathroom with a fan in the dark. :yahoo: Yep. We just harvested hubby's grow 2 days ago on Monday after being put in 24hr darkness. Hubby had gave her a 2 week flush instead. We were looking at it last weekend but hubby decided she was not ready then. :cheer:

Hubby's grow before her trim:
IMG_267924.JPG
IMG_268118.JPG
IMG_268017.JPG

Hubby's grow after her trim:
IMG_268218.JPG
IMG_268320.JPG

Hubby's harvest:
IMG_268623.JPG
fullsizeoutput_6073.jpeg

Now we'll just have to wait for them to dry before curing them and tasting them of course. :high-five:
Hubby decided to try and reveg her so he left 4 branches with 2 of its end buds snip off.

IMG_268721.JPG

So hubby's grow has been harvested after 19 weeks consisting of 8 weeks of vegetation and 11 weeks of flowering .:slide::slide: Hubby and I are very happy with our first harvest and very much looking forward to taste them when they're optimum. I'll take some pics of them when they're dry. :blushsmile:

In the meanwhile, my younger grow has just been given her last flowering dose last week and when she's dry, it's the flush for her. My elder grow is not too far behind now. Checked her trichomes and it's mostly cloudy with a few clear ones. Soon soon.

Once again thank you everyone for following my journal.:thanks::thanks: I appreciate your feedback and comments and apologies if I don't reply them sooner than I should. Been busy with work lately but I'll do it as soon as I can. Blessings of Love to everyone and wish you all a good week ahead. Till the next harvest..hahaaha.. I mean update. :thanks:

How's things going on your side of the planet HP? Just dropping by to say hello an check in on hubby, making sure your not up to some trickery in the grow room :) , not that that would ever happen :rofl:

Best to you and yours and enjoy the weekend you guys.

Hiya Arctic :thanks: Been busy for the past days... Just got time to post an update :) Nah.. no more trickery anymore.. lol.... Hope things are well for you and wifey. Blessings of love to you two :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Oh man I am sorry to hear of your difficulties. It's amazing how heart breaking this process can be, but failure is a very important part of growth. I underestimated the important of air circulation on my first grow. Other than that though they're looking good, getting closer!

Yep it is important. Hopefully your grow won't have this issue. Thank you Nuckscelts :thanks:

Update: Week 20 (Day 138)
Stage: Flowering (week 12, Day 88)
Light Cycle: 12/12 indoor with 600watts dual spectrum HPS
Temp of Room: 24.6°C / 54% Humidity
Last watered: 8th June
Fertiliser: Metrop Fertilisers (MR1/MR2 + AminoExtreme + RootStimulator + Calgreen )

Hiya everyone! :Namaste:
Hope you and your grows are doing well as always. :)
Hubby and I have been doing quite happy with our recent harvest. ;););)
Yes we've been smoking a lot "feasting" on our first ever true harvest. (not including the last 2 northern light autos that we had that went hermied.):laughtwo::laughtwo: We've been remembering back when we first started last year and finally we have reached the end. It's fulfilling we have to admit. So thank you, our mentors, for guiding us. :Namaste::thanks: But it's not over for me yet... I have my grows to harvest soon. :cheer::cheer:
So let's start off the post with an update of hubby's harvest.

Hubby's Harvest:

IMG_269815.JPG
IMG_270523.JPG

IMG_272617.JPG

So after about 6 days of drying, they were quite ready to be weigh and cured in our vac-tight container. Hubby's grow overall yield amounted to 62gms. :cheer: Well considering some buds were found to have bud rot and during the drying process, some buds were tested and some went molded due to not having good circulation too. For us, it's not a big deal. We are contented with this yield and comparing to our past availability, we are good. :thumb:
So here are some bud pics I can get from Hubby's grow. This is from 1 week of curing. I have to say though, they really shrunk in size after their drying phase. This buds are technically from the densest bud of hubby's grow.

IMG_272519.JPG
IMG_272316.JPG

Well just a quick update on hubby's grow, she's placed outdoors now since summer is coming and conveniently it's 18/6. She hasn't seen much growth yet but there was an incident where it rained on her. The day after white patches were on the buds. I'm not sure what is this and been searching around in the likes of white powdery mildew. Anyone can help me on this? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
A couple of days ago, hubby spotted something though. A young grow. :love::cheer::love:
It might have dropped a seed when we were harvesting it. But oh well, lucky us. :high-five:

IMG_271418.JPG
IMG_271619.JPG

My first grow:
I think I can safely say she's ready to be harvest. She has been experiencing certain odor though which I think my "budrot" phobia kicking in again. Last week for a couple of days her leaves started to dry rapidly. And I was really looking out for "loose" leaves for signs of budrot. But fortunately there were just crispy. So I'm not really sure is this normal but I had her flushed with pH water last week as her first pre-harvest flush. A couple of days after that, she smelled less "foul" than before and her leaves is becoming less crispy. Fingers cross everything's okay. :bitingnails: Technically she's 1 week of her flush today but she's still feels quite heavy. So I might wait a couple of days for her to dry before giving her final flush.

IMG_270623.JPG
IMG_270726.JPG
fullsizeoutput_6074.jpeg
IMG_271117.JPG

My younger grow:

It's harvest time for her! :cheer::cheer::cheer:
She was given about 48 hours darkness before I harvested her last night. Technically it was supposed to be 24hrs if not for some work needed to be done. But I'm okay with longer anyways :)
So my younger grow is harvested after 20 weeks consisting of 8 weeks of vegetation and 12 weeks of flowering. Here she is before her trim and dried after her wash. Apologies I didn't snap much pictures of the washing part. Was too busy harvesting.. hahahaha..

IMG_271720.JPG
IMG_271916.JPG
IMG_272113.JPG

Now we just waiting for a couple of days for them to dry before weighing and curing. However this time, I'm planning to start curing them earlier than we did with hubby's grow. I'll let you know on the next update. :thanks:

Once again thanks again everyone for following my journal :thanks::thanks: and we're almost at the end. :slide::slide:
We appreciate your input on our grows and guiding me and my hubby in our first grow. Blessings of love to you all :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:and have a great week ahead everyone. :theband:

Heya HP the harvest looks awesome and some nice fat ones :) so happy for you guys and can't wait to see what's next up for you. We have more green crack clones that are ready for soil and 6 Lilly's that we have in 1 gal pots from seed and are a week old. I'll get some pics tomorrow when we take the clones from the cloner an get them in kit soil.

Great to see you guys make a haul!!!!

Heya HP the harvest looks awesome and some nice fat ones :) so happy for you guys and can't wait to see what's next up for you. We have more green crack clones that are ready for soil and 6 Lilly's that we have in 1 gal pots from seed and are a week old. I'll get some pics tomorrow when we take the clones from the cloner an get them in kit soil.

Great to see you guys make a haul!!!!

Thank you so much Arctic! :thanks::thanks: Awaiting for current harvest to dry a bit more. And our last harvest might be in a few days time.. :cheer::cheer:
Nice one Arctic. Saw your new Lily seeds.. Wow.. You're having a garden going there.. :goodjob::circle-of-love:
Blessings of love to you and wifey. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Heya HP what's happening on your side of the planet? Waiting for some smoke reports and see what you two got growing next. Hope your having a great weekend.

Heya Arctic... Doing okay here... :thanks:
Just harvested my Eldest grow last night and now in the drying process.
Was about to start working on my post too...hehehehe. Will update soon... :)
Hope you're having a great weekend too Arctic and wifey :high-five:

Blessings of love to you both :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Final Update: Week 21 (Day 144)
Stage: Flowering (week 13, Day 94)
Light Cycle: 12/12 outdoor
Temp of Room: Dismantled Indoor room
Last watered: 15th June

Hello everyone! :Namaste:
Hope your week went well and you guys had a good weekend. Since the past week, my last harvest had recently been dried and just yesterday, we harvested my eldest grow, our last Shiva Shanti II, after putting her 48 hrs in darkness.

Here is my Eldest grow before her trim and cut. I was a bit disappointed though as I can smell the scent of budrot and true enough, some of the middle buds and a few others were affected. :straightface::straightface::straightface:

IMG_273323.JPG
IMG_273415.JPG
IMG_273917.JPG

The buds above are the "rotten ones". I felt a bit sad and heartbroken though. They weight about 11gms (not washed) so it's not that bad. There was not many leaves for me to trimmed as it became either dried or affected by the budrot. I think it's been really hot these past couple of days and that might have affected her. I have to say it is my fault for not harvesting her earlier. That being said, I'm still please with our harvest and as a first timer, we're not aiming for the best. It's an experience where we are still learning from our mistakes. :cheesygrinsmiley::green_heart:
So here are some of the picture of the rest of my harvest washed and cleaned and right now being dried.

IMG_273520.JPG
IMG_273822.JPG
IMG_273720.JPG

IMG_274119.JPG

So my Eldest grow is harvested after 21 weeks consisting of 8 weeks of vegetation and 13 weeks of flowering.
The last pic above is my eldest grow after her chop. There's no leaves on her so I'm not sure how she'll go from here but since summer is here, she might pull through. On the bright side, I'm happy on how these harvested buds turned out after their back (bud)-building. They give a different look to the other nugs. Well now, hubby and I are just waiting while checking on them everyday for them to dry and ready to be weigh.
Speaking of weigh, here are some pictures of my previous harvest.

IMG_272714.JPG
IMG_272818.JPG
IMG_273016.JPG
IMG_273218.JPG

So my younger grow yielded 28 gms grown in a 9 litre pot. The pic above is of the big bud of her before putting her into the curing jar. If not for her affected bud, she would have yielded more. Hubby and I are still happy though. Why shouldn't we be? :) :cheer::cheer:
Anyway I'll be posting a last update to this journal soon with the dry weight of my eldest grow and a review of our smoke report.
Hubby and I will like to thank all of you for following this journal and for your guidance. As always, we look forward to your comments and feedback. :thanks::thanks:

Wishing you all a great week ahead and blessings of love :circle-of-love::circle-of-love: to you and your grows.

Back
Top Bottom